First Depth Chart 2022

17islongenough

Some of you guys are looking way too much into the first depth charts. 

usually the first depth charts are a nod to veteran players over younger players as a show of respect. Cook and Jones are on the same depth spot, Hodgins over Shakir, Q-Berry over Brown, Dodson over Bernard. The one that stood out to me was how high Benford is to be honest. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FieldGeneral said:

He and Davis were raved about 2 years ago. Hodgins had injury problems. We desperately need a bigger body for Redzone and short yardage. Can't wait to see how he looks playing with starters. 

I think the redzone and short yardage bigger body is named "Knox".

Who I'm curious about and haven't seen or heard much about is OJ Howard.  Also Morris and Wydermyer

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think the redzone and short yardage bigger body is named "Knox".

Who I'm curious about and haven't seen or heard much about is OJ Howard.  Also Morris and Wydermyer

Tight ends usually are, but I feel as if Dawson played small in these moments. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

usually the first depth charts are a nod to veteran players over younger players as a show of respect. Cook and Jones are on the same depth spot, Hodgins over Shakir, Q-Berry over Brown, Dodson over Bernard. The one that stood out to me was how high Benford is to be honest. 

Yea I knew it was a sham when I saw Punt God as the second Punter. In reality Haack already has one foot out the door.

45 minutes ago, H2o said:

Am I the only one that's at least a little stoked about seeing Hodgins as the next man up behind Davis? I hope he can stay healthy this year and contribute. 

And I also like the fact that Tre is listed as a starter. Could mean nothing, but I'm hoping it means he's on track to be 100% for the opener. 

I wouldn't read much into it. They have Boettger as second team and he had an Achilles tear. No way will he be on the active roster day 1. I see him getting an injury settlement and parting ways 

• Eyeroll 1

15 minutes ago, FieldGeneral said:

He and Davis were raved about 2 years ago. Hodgins had injury problems. We desperately need a bigger body for Redzone and short yardage. Can't wait to see how he looks playing with starters. 

Along with his work with Keenum and the 2s.

I posted some thought in the 8/8 camp thread but let me say things another way.

1.  He has to stay healthy. 

2.  His WR play is the most important evaluation in his chances to make the team.    IMO Kumerow doesn't bring much to the WR position.

3.  None of us know yet what worth on ST he may have.

His play in preseason will be one of the big things I want to see.

19 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Duke was done the second we drafted James Cook. From what I hear Zack Moss is having a great camp and should be more explosive now that he's fully healthy.

At least Tavon is listed as the starting punt returner. One muffed return in preseason and I think he's on the outside looking in.

Agree on Duke.  They will go with Singletary, Moss, Cook, and Jones as your four RBs. Probably dress all four too.

Disagree on Tavon. I think he was a sneaky good signing. He should be better than Stevenson in all aspects.  

• Like (+1) 2

I wouldn’t be surprised if we keep 6 CBs either. Not sure who would be cut (5 last year), as this group of 6 is strong. Tre, Dane, Elam, Neal, Taron, Benford. 

9 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Agree on Duke.  They will go with Singletary, Moss, Cook, and Jones as your four RBs. Probably dress all four too.

Disagree on Tavon. I think he was a sneaky good signing. He should be better than Stevenson in all aspects.  

I don’t see how he makes the roster though.

Diggs, Davis, McKenzie, Crowder, Shakir, Hodgins (Tavon, TD J) 

33 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Agreed.  At the point someone like Araiza overtakes Haack on the depth chart, Haack is essentially cut then.

7 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we keep 6 CBs either. Not sure who would be cut (5 last year), as this group of 6 is strong. Tre, Dane, Elam, Neal, Taron, Benford. 

I don’t see how he makes the roster though.

Diggs, Davis, McKenzie, Crowder, Shakir, Hodgins (Tavon, TD J) 

Shakir probably stubs a toe and finds the IR list.

1 hour ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Quessenberry over Spencer Brown was the shocking one for me.

It can't just be due to injury since Tre is still listed as a starter.

Well it could be...I mean Tre is an all pro corner, amongst the best of his position in the NFL.  His starting spot commands more respect than a 2nd year guy coming off a solid start to his career before getting hurt.  Tre will not have to win his job at all when healthy.  Brown on the other hand, showed promise, but didn't play so well that his starting spot is indisputable.  

So Spencer needs to get healthy then prove hes the best starter still.  Tre doesn't have to prove anything, so I think thats the difference.  But I bet they still believe Spencer will win the job, if not they would have more aggressively addressed the position IMHO.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.