First Depth Chart 2022

17islongenough

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’d say Daquan Jones as a starter is a little surprising. Not saying there should be a clear cut guy that starts above him but I was curious to the move next to Ed. I’d say I wasn’t positive it wasn’t going to be Settle

I don't know if we should really read into it. Jones is the true 1-tech and Settle is more of a hybrid piece.  He very well could end up out-snapping Jones depending on the game and matchup.

• Agree 1

Am I the only one that's at least a little stoked about seeing Hodgins as the next man up behind Davis? I hope he can stay healthy this year and contribute. 

And I also like the fact that Tre is listed as a starter. Could mean nothing, but I'm hoping it means he's on track to be 100% for the opener. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

Quick thoughts:

-Was hoping Shakir would be backup to Davis.  May signal they see him as more of a slot guy.

-Quessenberry over Brown is significant and Brown is going to have to earn the spot.

-Dane Jackson ahead of Elam at CB#2 isn't surprising.  Same goes for Haack over Araiza. Rookies have to earn it obviously.

-McKenzie not in punt return but projected kick returner is interesting.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

That CB depth chart looks pretty bleak, especially if Tre can't go. I think they need to add a veteran on the cheap 

I agree. I think they play the unproven guys a lot in the first preseason game and replace the worst performer with a veteran.

• Eyeroll 1

I

16 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Just noticed that Nick McCloud is not on the CB depth at all and is listed as the 3rd string safety behind Poyer and Johnson.

'm thinking that any player on the 3rd column and beyond better be able to play multiple positions along with special teams.

Interesting that they put HOLDER as a position. Feels like they're trying to let the fans know that Araiza is going to get cut.

14 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I agree. I think they play the unproven guys a lot in the first preseason game and replace the worst performer with a veteran.

Things don't look good for Duke Johnson or Tavon Austin. They're going to have to perform in the Pre-season. You generally don't keep younger players over veterans at the bottom of the roster.

Which is why I think Kumerow is going to get cut. Although, Taiwan jones keeps hanging on like he's Steve Tasker.

• Disagree 1

36 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Have they ever listed holder as a unique position on the depth chart before?

I have never seen this before.

'Course there's a lot I ain't seen, it's not like I've been in the habit of vacuuming up pre-season depth charts.

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, eball said:

Hodgins as the backup to Gabe is a bit of an eye-opener.

He and Davis were raved about 2 years ago. Hodgins had injury problems. We desperately need a bigger body for Redzone and short yardage. Can't wait to see how he looks playing with starters. 

• Agree 4

3 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Things don't look good for Duke Johnson or Tavon Austin.

Duke was done the second we drafted James Cook. From what I hear Zack Moss is having a great camp and should be more explosive now that he's fully healthy.

At least Tavon is listed as the starting punt returner. One muffed return in preseason and I think he's on the outside looking in.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.