Beasley on Buffalo: "Things changed within the organization. It was time for me to move on."

Gugny

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Probably. It was that and probably his disregard of the Covid protocols. It’s one thing to post your beliefs to twitter. It’s another not to follow the rules put in place. 

Teams were fined for issues and all were not publicized.

I wonder how much they were fined for Beasley ignoring rules as he claimed he would do. 

Remember Bills were ones who talked about if they had to choose on 53+PS man roster between 2 players of equal value one of which who was vaccinated they would take vaccinated player for completive advantage which got NFLPA's thong twisted.  That is when Bills just started repeating line about respecting each players (selfish, me first) choice.

3 hours ago, TBBills said:

He got old.

"Things They do look awful Cold..." -some rock band

27 minutes ago, julian said:

If he wasn’t easily replaced he’d still be a Bill, they showed him the door because they believe they can pull a dude outta the stands and Josh would get him 50 for 500 outta the slot

Bad take

1) The Bills don't even believe they can replace Beasley with a legit NFL WR or draftable rookie and achieve that

2) Beasley's average contributions as a Bill were 812 yds/ season and 77 receptions/season, which is significantly more than your 500/50

3) It's not the receiving yards from the slot, it's those crucial 1st downs and YAC.  Bills thought Beasley could  pull in 50 1st downs this season, he'd be here.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Cmon man. Dude played with broken ribs , bones. He was a great team player and respected in the locker room. 

He's not a me first guy for not putting an experimental vaccine in his body. 

I have no interest in getting into a vaccine debate so I’ll leave that comment alone. That’s not even what I was referring to though. I was referring to him blatantly disregarding all of the Covid protocols (the same protocols he followed the previous season) as well as his own rules about staying off of Twitter during the season (something he never did before last season), and not being a distraction during a season where the team had super bowl hopes.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2021/12/27/buffalo-bills-cole-beasley-fined-100k-covid-19-violations/

He didn’t have to get vaccinated but he did have to follow the NFL Covid protocols, which he refused to do. That’s putting himself above the team IMO. He missed time 2 seperate times during the season due to that. It also put him and his teammates at risk. He didn’t seem to care if he potentially exposed his teammates to Covid, which could’ve caused key players to miss important games and even put their health at risk. I mean, he had one teammate that missed the entire season due to Covid complications and another couple who spent time in the hospital due to Covid.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/complication-due-to-covid-19-ends-tommy-sweeney-s-2020-season

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32039522/buffalo-bills-dion-dawkins-says-being-hospitalized-covid-19-one-lowest-points

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2021/12/bills-jon-feliciano-spent-time-in-er-due-to-covid-19-received-monoclonal-antibodies.html

He also didn’t have to crusade on Twitter spreading misinformation, arguing with fans + media, even taking shots at Bills fans. He could’ve just been like any number of other Bills players who didn’t get vaccinated but just kept it to themselves and followed the NFL protocols and were not a distraction about it in any way. But he was unable to do that. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

"Things They do look awful Cold..." -some rock band

The Bills don't believe that.

Lol yes, I guess I better take that back. I was giving credit to the vast majority of intelligent posters who would assume I was making a point and not being literal.

He’s gone because his production is replaceable, the Bills weren’t taking some moral high ground(Covid) when showing him the door. He brought media distraction from his public comments and his age/production were no longer in his favour. That combination sealed his fate.

4 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

He also didn’t have to crusade on Twitter spreading misinformation, arguing with fans + media, even taking shots at Bills fans. He could’ve just been like any number of other Bills players who didn’t get vaccinated but just kept it to themselves and followed the NFL protocols and were not a distraction about it in any way. But he was unable to do that. 

Gabe Davis wasn't vaccinated.  Spencer Brown.  Star Lotulelei.  possibly AJ Klein.  One more, not sure who.

Anyone able to "stand and deliver" any media hate they received for this?

🦗

🦗

🦗

Why?  They exercised their right of choice, followed the NFL protocols, and went on about their business.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

The way people get so infatuated with other people that have different views. Can tell what side people are on by just asking what they think of Cole Beasley. Why do we allow things to divide us like this? Were stronger together. God bless the USA.

I disagree strongly.  People have posted well-detailed reasons that have nothing to do with what you've suggested, such as declining stats and an inability to stop stirring the pot on Twitter.  I happen to disagree with his position on that topic and yet was nothing but complimentary toward him earlier this thread.

This matter cannot be boiled down to his views on one issue vs. how others feel about that issue.  Even simply re-reading this thread will prove otherwise.

Edited by The Red King

I love it when athletes stand up for their beliefs.  But not those beliefs.  Or that one.  And definitely not that one.  I guess what I am saying is, shut up and dribble.  Sports is my escape and I don't want politics intertwined.  Not unless I agree with those politics.  Then I'm all for it.  - TBD

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Cole was a good player for the team and Josh Allen.  His distractions became too much for the "process" IMO.

He was no doubt going to be let go after this year just due to cap and age.

It's not that big of an issue for me.

I do have to add that I am confused as to why Cole wants to perpetuate this.

7 minutes ago, julian said:

Lol yes, I guess I better take that back. I was giving credit to the vast majority of intelligent posters who would assume I was making a point and not being literal.

🙄

7 minutes ago, julian said:

He’s gone because his production is replaceable, the Bills weren’t taking some moral high ground(Covid) when showing him the door. He brought media distraction from his public comments and his age/production were no longer in his favour. That combination sealed his fate.

I agree that the Bills released Beasley because age/production were no longer enough in his favor to overcome any distraction he brought, not because of some moral stance or over his Covid views.

My point is that in his first 2 seasons with the Bills and especially 2020, Beasley wasn't JAG in the slot, which is what your post implied.

Give the man his propers, in 2020 he was one of the best slots in the league and even in 2021 still better than JAG

• Like (+1) 2

Regardless of his views, the fact that he's back to his self-appointed role as Twitter warrior trying to change the minds of the masses by taking them on one tweet at a time exemplifies the problem. As others have said, he's no longer valuable enough to overlook the distraction. That's the change.

5 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Mid point last season I knew there were two players who would not be on the Sep 2022 team.

Star Lotulelei and Cole Beasley.

Prescient!

I will admit it, I mistakenly thought his contract would give Lotulelei another season, especially once the Bills moved on from Harrison Phillips.  I didn't think they would move on from both of their 1TDTs at once.

It did not make me sad to be wrong there.

Edited by Beck Water

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

🙄

I agree that the Bills released Beasley because age/production were no longer enough in his favor to overcome any distraction he brought, not because of some moral stance or over his Covid views.

My point is that in his first 2 seasons with the Bills and especially 2020, Beasley wasn't JAG in the slot, which is what your post implied.

Give the man his propers, in 2020 he was one of the best slots in the league and even in 2021 still better than JAG

Totally agree, I never meant to imply Beasley was a JAG, I’m on record saying how important he was to Allen’s development his first 2 years, he was outstanding. 

• Thank you (+1) 1