Beasley on Buffalo: "Things changed within the organization. It was time for me to move on."

Gugny

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

This isn't coming from me. Bease is at least the 3rd former player to speak out about this organization and/or the KC debacle, there's also others that spoke with Aaron Quinn anonymously who were mystified about how McD handled the 13 second situation and addressed the team afterword. 

I know some fans live in a state of denial and have already booked their tickets to Phoenix for the SB, but the reality of the situation is until this team does actually do something of note there are going to be lingering questions that need answered especially in regards to the alleged perfect culture/lockerroom under McD.

I’ve heard (second hand, but from a “clean” filter) from someone on the flight home that it was a circus.  Wildly emotional.  Guys punching out seats, screaming at coaches, offense screaming at defense, guys crying.  Culture and credibility are going to be issues this year, no doubt about it.  But I think the Beasley nonsense has a far different origin and backstory than does the 13 second debacle.  

• Agree 2

Just now, BTB said:

Isn’t twitter and other social media the equivalent of having a microphone in your face? 😂

It’s more like shoving your face in the microphone. And Beasley just can’t resist. 

7 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I’ve heard (second hand, but from a “clean” filter) from someone on the flight home that it was a circus.  Wildly emotional.  Guys punching out seats, screaming at coaches, offense screaming at defense, guys crying.  Culture and credibility are going to be issues this year, no doubt about it.  But I think the Beasley nonsense has a far different origin and backstory than does the 13 second debacle.  

I think it would be a surprise if the plane ride home immediately after the game WEREN'T like that.  Isaiah McKenzie had a "cry from the heart" in a post-season podcast with Ty Dunne about how he got on the plane and told the defense "I'm going home to pack, and this is your fault" "Best defense in the league and you can't stop them for 13 seconds?"  Guys thought that game was won, and we were going to the AFCCG.

I also think that McDermott's "Omerta" looks a little different in the light of a bunch of moves that were made off-season on D and Levi Wallace's words on the subject.  I point to Lorenzo Alexander's comments "The players for sure know what happened.  The players will handle it."

That's not to say that you're wrong about the vets in the organization keeping a close eye on coaching and leadership.

• Like (+1) 1

To me, I believe it's all related to his Twitter rants, Covid protocols, and the vaccine stuff. I'm sure they did tell him to tone it down because it was an unnecessary distraction at the time. All he had to do was explain his stance one time and let it be. Instead he kept on and on. I'm sure that drew the ire of some within the organization. That's the only thing that comes to mind when he mentions something about not being able to be himself. Honestly, who knows what was said behind closed doors though. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think it would be a surprise if the plane ride home immediately after the game WEREN'T like that.  Isaiah McKenzie had a "cry from the heart" in a post-season podcast with Ty Dunne about how he got on the plane and told the defense "I'm going home to pack, and this is your fault" "Best defense in the league and you can't stop them for 13 seconds?"  Guys thought that game was won, and we were going to the AFCCG.

I also think that McDermott's "Omerta" looks a little different in the light of a bunch of moves that were made off-season on D and Levi Wallace's words on the subject.  I point to Lorenzo Alexander's comments "The players for sure know what happened.  The players will handle it."

That's not to say that you're wrong about the vets in the organization keeping a close eye on coaching and leadership.

The way I took it was that this was beyond expectations.  The word “wild” was stressed.  And I tend to think it was, in fact, out of control because we haven’t heard a peep about from our local beat guys, some of whom surely know what’s going on.  I suspect that Bills PR wanted to keep a lid on it and they put the word out (much like has happened with the situation regarding Kim’s health) that this one is a no-fly zone (bad pun intended) for anyone who wants to keep his/her relationship with the team.  

I actually think "the change" is JA17. Cole came in to the team to try and bring along a young QB. The QB has now arrived, Cole lost a step, became a distraction, and his role was JAG. Instead of "teaching Josh (or McKenzie)' he started having to taking direction. That's the change. 

But we are all just a bunch of sheep who can't see through the league, or the world, or whatever Kanye-esque conspiracy theory CB wants to rant about. 

• Dislike 2

Awesome dude, stands up for what he believes in, made several big plays in big moments for this team, played through painful injuries, and helped Allen become the all world monster that he is now.  Nothing but respect for the guy.  I wish him all the best (unless he ever plays against the Bills).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

And this is likely 100% fact especially if the players on this team truly give a damn. The game was won (not once but twice in the final 2 minutes) and the "#1 defense' and horrendous coaching blew it 3 straight series including the OT period. 

This is why no matter what fans want to believe, if I'm the Pegulas anything short of a SB (appearance) and you have to seriously consider cutting the cord on McD. If this team struggles and for some reason don't even make the playoffs, and/or is one and done (especially if said opponent is KC again) it's an even easier decision IMO to make the coaching change immediately.

But with Bease you are probably right and not sure he left just because of the 13 seconds stuff..

I can’t remember a player who didn’t commit a crime that I turned on so quick. Loved the Beasley signing. Even like a few of his rap songs. But dude has become such a Whiny female dog. And nothing is ever his fault. Dude needs to group and sopping crying about everything in social media. He dug his own grave and he’s not nearly as good as he thinks he is.

28 minutes ago, H2o said:

To me, I believe it's all related to his Twitter rants, Covid protocols, and the vaccine stuff. I'm sure they did tell him to tone it down because it was an unnecessary distraction at the time. All he had to do was explain his stance one time and let it be. Instead he kept on and on. I'm sure that drew the ire of some within the organization. That's the only thing that comes to mind when he mentions something about not being able to be himself. Honestly, who knows what was said behind closed doors though. 

If you average 8 ypc, you can’t be a distraction. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Seems like Beasely is taking a direct shot at McD/Beane and indicating things aren't as rosy as the media and fanbase may perceive them. Don't understand all the hate thrown his way either especially since he's the one that asked to be traded/released.

This isn't shocking though considering the stink from the KC playoff game is not going away anytime soon and the only thing that will truly negate it is a SB win. Also still think there is a clear and present danger  for this season to end up being a major disappoint especially if this team gets off to a slow start given the brutal opening schedule.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e4729mfy7i29qa600hqi7

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

What in the world did people expect the plane ride to be like?  If the Bills weren't upset and emotional after that loss I'd think there was something wrong.

Beasley is a Grade A doosh at this juncture.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 3

10 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

And this is likely 100% fact especially if the players on this team truly give a damn. The game was won (not once but twice in the final 2 minutes) and the "#1 defense' and horrendous coaching blew it 3 straight series including the OT period. 

This is why no matter what fans want to believe, if I'm the Pegulas anything short of a SB (appearance) and you have to seriously consider cutting the cord on McD. If this team struggles and for some reason don't even make the playoffs, and/or is one and done (especially if said opponent is KC again) it's an even easier decision IMO to make the coaching change immediately.

But with Bease you are probably right and not sure he left just because of the 13 seconds stuff..

Quote of the year, "this is likely 100% fact especially, if"....classic

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1