Beasley on Buffalo: "Things changed within the organization. It was time for me to move on."

Gugny

48 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Sorry that the woke morons in NY and in this organization made your life a living hell during COVID (a cold!)

I've had three extended family members die of covid within the last year. Knock this **** off.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Huh?  Why is who playing for the Giant?

Forgive me if I’m wrong on this but I thought you said that one of the major changes was that the offensive coordinator was no longer here if that was the case why didn’t he just follow him to New York

25 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Not one of them has the hands of Cole Beasley either, not even close 

Oh well,, I will shut up now, got to cut the lawn, See ya

We really don’t know what shakur has yet To make a statement like that what we do know is the cole doesn’t have the speed Of our new stable of slots

I just can’t find it in my heart to bash cole though He was one of us

13 minutes ago, eball said:

Yeah, it's a real shocker that Beasley and Feliciano are throwing shade at the Bills.  Beane told both of them to pound sand.

Exactly.  As I wrote in the Feliciano thread, it’s Q. Spain 2.0.

Beasely doesn’t even have a job yet,

not in free agency, before the draft, post draft and not even before camp.  Lastly, there have been a couple injuries around the league in camp and still no workouts as it would be news somewhere.

Between his injuries last year, and his outspoken attitude becoming a Thorne for Beane, do you think these GM’s don’t talk.  He’ll probably get signed to close to the minimum with some incentives once Slot WRs go on IR.

1 minute ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Nothing but love for Cole. He will be missed. 

I'll confidently go on record that Cole will not be missed at all on the football field, and probably not in the locker room, for the Buffalo Bills this season.  He has a certain type of fan following but I'm pretty sure the majority of people in the Bills' organization were tired of his shtick -- and he has lost a step on the field as well.

I am appreciative of what Beasley brought to Buffalo in 2019 and 2020...he absolutely helped with Josh's development and was very productive on the field.  Once it started becoming more about Beas and less about the team, I lost interest.  If he could help us win, fine, but I'm glad they moved on.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

Beasley needs to let it go.  Even if what he says is true, how he’s handled it is exactly why he’s not on the team.   

They clearly have a great culture and he keeps making public comments.  Right or wrong, I don’t want that in my locker room.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, eball said:

I'll confidently go on record that Cole will not be missed at all on the football field, and probably not in the locker room, for the Buffalo Bills this season.  He has a certain type of fan following but I'm pretty sure the majority of people in the Bills' organization were tired of his shtick -- and he has lost a step on the field as well.

I am appreciative of what Beasley brought to Buffalo in 2019 and 2020...he absolutely helped with Josh's development and was very productive on the field.  Once it started becoming more about Beas and less about the team, I lost interest.  If he could help us win, fine, but I'm glad they moved on.

Well put Eman.  It’s not even his twitter schtick, but more so look at the improvement in the slot when McKenzie came in for the second Patriots game.

• Agree 1

Seems like Beasely is taking a direct shot at McD/Beane and indicating things aren't as rosy as the media and fanbase may perceive them. Don't understand all the hate thrown his way either especially since he's the one that asked to be traded/released.

This isn't shocking though considering the stink from the KC playoff game is not going away anytime soon and the only thing that will truly negate it is a SB win. Also still think there is a clear and present danger  for this season to end up being a major disappoint especially if this team gets off to a slow start given the brutal opening schedule.

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

Why is he not on the Giants then? They need WRs.

Good question.  Remember that Joe Schoen, Giants GM, was hired first and brought Daboll in.  No question in my mind that it's Schoen's show, personnel-wise.

Answer is speculation:

1) Schoen was "in" on the Bills end of season personnel evaluations.  If I'm right cutting Beas was performance based, Schoen may agree.

2) Daboll is not the Giants OC.  Mike Kafka didn't leave his role on a perennial playoff contender to be Daboll's Dingleberry.  Kafka may not be installing the route concepts Beasley runs.  Remember he came from a team where the TE was the "go to" guy.

3) The Giants needed to "get right" on the cap.  They have two WR, Kenny Golladay and Sterling Shepard, in their top-10 cap hits.  It's possible that they made Bease a vet-minimum type offer, but Beasley (his tweet supports this) isn't interested to play for that.

4) The Buck stops with Daboll now.  He has to take a hard look at what will build the culture he wants.  "I'll only follow the rules I agree with"?

5) Beasley may feel Pigs will Fly and Hell will Freeze before I play for any (nominally) NY team.

28 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Forgive me if I’m wrong on this but I thought you said that one of the major changes was that the offensive coordinator was no longer here if that was the case why didn’t he just follow him to New York

You said quote "Why is he playing for the Giants then".  He isn't.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Seems like Beasely is taking a direct shot at McD/Beane and indicating things aren't as rosy as the media and fanbase may perceive them. Don't understand all the hate thrown his way either especially since he's the one that asked to be traded/released.

If I look up "Credulous" in the dictionary, seems likely I'd find your picture in the definition.

8 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

This isn't shocking though considering the stink from the KC playoff game is not going away anytime soon and the only thing that will truly negate it is a SB win. Also still think there is a clear and present danger  for this season to end up being a major disappoint especially if this team gets off to a slow start given the brutal opening schedule.

Try harder. You can do worse than this.

• Haha (+1) 5

2 hours ago, BTB said:

Shove a mic in front of any players face often enough, and they are bound to say something that makes no sense, sooner rather than later. 

Um.....no one is shoving a mic in Beasley's face.  He is voluntarily sharing his stuff on Twitter.

15 minutes ago, eball said:

If this offense falters this year it's likely going to be more about the OC change/playing a tougher schedule than losing Beasely.

But at the same time still think a lot of fans are misguided in the belief that McKenzie or someone else on the current roster is going to be a drop in replacement or even better than one of the better slot WR's in NFL history.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Try harder. You can do worse than this.

This isn't coming from me. Bease is at least the 3rd former player to speak out about this organization and/or the KC debacle, there's also others that spoke with Aaron Quinn anonymously who were mystified about how McD handled the 13 second situation and addressed the team afterword. 

I know some fans live in a state of denial and have already booked their tickets to Phoenix for the SB, but the reality of the situation is until this team does actually do something of note there are going to be lingering questions that need answered especially in regards to the alleged perfect culture/lockerroom under McD.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

I’m so glad he’s gone.  I really am.  This guy never grasped that his job last year was to check his opinions at the door and do everything he could to help the team win the Super Bowl.  Not only that, he apparently flaunted rules that his employer either issued or by which it was bound.  He’s entitled to whatever definition of freedom he wishes to apply.  But not at work.   Him and Feliciano can get together and complain about how their former employers didn’t tolerate insubordination and significant unauthorized changes to body composition.  Good riddance to both of them. 

• Vomit 1