Beasley on Buffalo: "Things changed within the organization. It was time for me to move on."

Gugny

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

What changed within the organization?

Nothing changed.. Obviously he had his issues with Covid lockdowns and many others did not share his feelings on it to the point they would publicly bring it up.

In other words he lost that team 1st attitude and turned his position with the team and fans into a pulpit, and it did not resonate to the majority. 

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 13
  • Agree 13
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 5

8 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Nothing changed.. Obviously he had his issues with Covid lockdowns and many others did not share his feelings on it to the point they would publicly bring it up.

In other words he lost that team 1st attitude and turned his position with the team and fans into a pulpit, and it did not resonate to the majority. 

Yeah, I mean every team wanted their played vaccinated because it gave them a competitive advantage. Why work that hard all year round to get one only to give it away over something stupid like that?

He still doesn't seem to get it.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 6
  • Dislike 6

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

What changed within the organization?

Big change: Daboll moved on to the Giants.  Remember the loooove-fest between Daboll and Beasley where they were all raving about how Beasley would bring great play ideas to Daboll and Daboll would implement them?  Daboll was consistently using Beasley in down-distance situations where other offenses utilize a TE IMO. 

Thing is, in the absence of a credible run game, a number of teams seemed to have successfully figured out how to defend Beasley's option routes and the Mouse Davis/June Jones secondary route concepts Beasley brought in and the team executed so well in 2020.

Writing was on the wall: with Dorsey and some fresh ideas coming into the organization, roles and responsibilities along with some play concepts were gonna change

But Beasley writes as though "moving on" was his choice and his notion, and I don't think that was entirely how it went down

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Big change: Daboll moved on to the Giants.  Remember the loooove-fest between Daboll and Beasley where they were all raving about how Beasley would bring great play ideas to Daboll and Daboll would implement them?  Daboll was consistently using Beasley in down-distance situations where other offenses utilize a TE IMO. 

Thing is, in the absence of a credible run game, a number of teams seemed to have successfully figured out how to defend Beasley's option routes and the Mouse Davis/June Jones secondary route concepts Beasley brought in and the team executed so well in 2020.

Writing was on the wall: with Dorsey and some fresh ideas coming into the organization, roles and responsibilities along with some play concepts were gonna change

But Beasley writes as though "moving on" was his choice and his notion, and I don't think that was entirely how it went down

Why is he not on the Giants then? They need WRs.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

Yes. Something did change within the organization. The emergence of Isaiah McKenzie.

I'm not so sure about that being what changed.  What did you see in McKenzie last year that makes you think he "emerged"?

• Like (+1) 1

Cole was a real damn good receiver for us but, the short truth is that Cole ran his pie hole to the point that management in effect cut him/didn’t want to renew his contract/ layed him off, etc etc, he has made himself lightly employable league wide, if he gets another job it’s going to be for “old guy with some left in the tank” money for one year, kinda sad really he was first down waiting to happen most every time he was targeted,  oh well, 

Go Bills!!!

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I don’t see how things changed. Same regime. Same core group of players. Same team first attitudes.

IMO the only thing that changed was Beasley going from team first to me first.

The thing that changed was Covid....most people were willing to go along with protocols and whatnot even if they were not sure or did not agree, a few protested.   McDermott laid out where he was in a presser last year, his focus was not on Covid, it is only winning a championship.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

The tweet that came between the two of those, that the second one replied to, is interesting:

The response from Beasley rings sincere, especially in view of earlier tweets Beasley made publicly "passing the torch" to the Muscle Hamster.

4 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I don’t see how things changed. Same regime. Same core group of players. Same team first attitudes.

IMO the only thing that changed was Beasley going from team first to me first.

How can you miss Daboll leaving for the Giants as a major change?

😇 there's too much of him to miss readily.....🙄

• Agree 1

I don't think the organization changed.. I like Cole, but he is just saying things.  

The guy who we are all hoping/expecting to become a star in this Offense was also unvaxxed.  The organization promoted him to WR2. 

• Agree 2