Training Camp practice 8/8

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

I'd throw Austin, Kumerow, and maybe Hodgins. on that pile of tradable WR's

GB is still thin at WR... might get a 7th for Kumerow to appease Rodgers.

Hodgins could get noticed in Pre-season; the way Daryl Johnson showed enough to garner trade interest.

Austin can still start for some teams...

Very doubtful

10 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Did he stop those stats on purpose at those numbers just so he could get Devin on that list... hahhaahah

Yeah, he bumps that combined # up to 960, he misses the list.

Always a way to screw with stats.

Nevertheless, he has been pretty decent as an all around back.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, hemma said:

Yeah, he bumps that combined # up to 960, he misses the list.

Always a way to screw with stats.

Nevertheless, he has been pretty decent as an all around back.

Those other guys carry the full load. Would be interesting to see if the bills finally let motor do his thing this year. Im going to bet they will still spread it around in a rotation though.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I think it's funny Beane can actually trade players on the Bills roster everyone thinks he can't

Marcel Dareus TBD: contract makes him untradeable Beane: Huh. (traded Fall 2017 for 2018 5th

Tyrod Taylor  TBD: no trade value   Beane: Hold my Beer (traded Spring 2018 for a 2018 3rd)

AJ McCarron TBD: no trade value Beane: Hold my Beer (Fall 2018 for a 2019 5th)

Zay Jones TBD: Mr Butterfingers? Who wants him?  Beane: Hey! Why won't you guys hold my beer? (trades Fall 2019 for a 2021 5th)

Lee Smith  TBD: he's gonna be cut  Beane: (chugs beer and trades him March 2021 for a 2022 7th round pick)

I've learned to never say that a player is un-tradeable in Beane's hands.

Add to that list:

Darryl Johnson TBD: no trade value, he's gonna be cut Beane: trades last August for a 2022 6th

But then we do have to include the "Oops!"

Wyatt Teller

TBD: no trade value, all our guards sucked last year, throw them out

Beane: (trades Teller plus a 7th to the Browns for a 5th and 6th on the eve of roster cutdowns)

Teller: Hold My Beer (becomes all pro guard)

TBD: Beane sucks, he threw Teller away, he can't evaluate OL talent, he's wasting money on aging journeymen instead of developing youth

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

45 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Very doubtful

I know, I would say that very thing myself. 

But Kumerow at least fits the profile of guys Beane  successfully gets other teams to flip a late-round for: cheap, have game film, versatile

Hodgins if he puts down a good pre-season and stays healthy has that "cheap" and "potential" thing

Austin not sure about

But I've learned to never say never with Beane.  Only Beasley and his $6M salary, age, drop in production, baggage, and perhaps restrictions on what teams he'd go to, was too much for the Magic Beane

• Dislike 1

14 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Add to that list:

Darryl Johnson TBD: no trade value, he's gonna be cut Beane: trades last August for a 2022 6th

But then we do have to include the "Oops!"

Wyatt Teller

TBD: no trade value, all our guards sucked last year, throw them out

Beane: (trades Teller plus a 7th to the Browns for a 5th and 6th on the eve of roster cutdowns)

Teller: Hold My Beer (becomes all pro guard)

TBD: Beane sucks, he threw Teller away, he can't evaluate OL talent, he's wasting money on aging journeymen instead of developing youth

Many people still haven't learned that Beane doesn't decide who gets cut/traded.

57 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I know, I would say that very thing myself. 

But Kumerow at least fits the profile of guys Beane  successfully gets other teams to flip a late-round for: cheap, have game film, versatile

Hodgins if he puts down a good pre-season and stays healthy has that "cheap" and "potential" thing

Austin not sure about

But I've learned to never say never with Beane.  Only Beasley and his $6M salary, age, drop in production, baggage, and perhaps restrictions on what teams he'd go to, was too much for the Magic Beane

I hear ya, that’s why I said very doubtful as opposed to no chance 😉  Beane is a warlock, anything is possible. He got a pick for Marshall Newhouse for crying out loud.  

I think Kumerow has the most value…. But that’s very little.

I think Hodgins has the most upside do to his size and hands.  3 great preseason games could yield a 7th

Austin, I think teams could’ve had him for no picks if they wanted him.  Maybe a return for a Td or some nice grabs in preseason could sway someone?  I think the odds are very slim. 

4 hours ago, Mattymafia said:

The reason I could see Hodgins making the team is after looking at the depth chart. There are basically no outside receivers after Diggs and Davis. Kumerow doesn’t really provide much, everyone else is relatively small. 

Hasn’t he struggled with press coverage?  That would make him less viable on the outside. I think I like shakirs release package more. 

On 8/8/2022 at 4:35 PM, Beck Water said:

What is it about OBJ that says "team guy happy to slot into the #3 WR depth role" to you?

And yet....Beane has consistently been able to collect draft picks for guys most of us here would stamp "no trade value"

RIP WYATT TELLER I MISS YOU

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.