Training Camp practice 8/8

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

These are good points.  And I'll add to it what I was just saying about having guys who want it so bad that they don't stop working at it.  The McDermott wrestling guys.   If Hodgins is one of those, then maybe he's growing into one of those guys who just forces himself into the lineup.   That would be amazing.  

Think of the message the apparent success of McKenzie sends to the younger players.   

McDermott talks about best version of yourself and playing the best football of your life.  Other coaches say it, but McDermott actually has a way of doing it.   He needs the right guys, and Beane is delivering the right guys, but McDermott is showing them the way.  Diggs, and Josh are that kind of guy, and McKenzie and Gilliam are, too.   They all are completely committed to doing it right, and McDermott gets great play out of most of them, up and down the lineup.    It's masterful.  

The guys like Gilliam, Hodges or I-Mac etc have no give up in them, they are indeed doing what they can to force themselves on to the roster, (as you said) and finding success, this is really so important to building a team with a culture that players are willing to do that level of work, as we all know players throughout the league talk to each other, and so the Buffalo style gets spread around the league, and i really think it raises curiosity about being on this team., and yes it is masterful.

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

The guys like Gilliam, Hodges or I-Mac etc have no give us in them, they are indeed doing what they can to force themselves on to the roster, (as you said) and finding success, this is really so important to building a team with a culture that players are willing to do that level of work, as we all know players throughout the league talk to each other, and so the Buffalo style gets spread around the league, and i really think it raises curiosity about being on this team., and yes it is masterful.

Good post.  I was going to reply the same stuff to @Shaw66.  You can add guys like Bates, Wallace and others.  It's so needed in the cap era.

I would add that Beane has signed some "fair for both sides" contracts which doesn't hurt.  Big decisions coming next off season concerning

UFAs and some are just going to not make it.  Keeping the right FAs, drafting well, hitting on these lower cost incoming FAs/UDFAs and developing

coaching replacements will be key in keeping this thing going for as long as possible.

Great time for being a Bills fan.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, TBBills said:

I do find it funny everyone thinks the Bills can trade any player on the roster.

I think it's funny Beane can actually trade players on the Bills roster everyone thinks he can't

Marcel Dareus TBD: contract makes him untradeable Beane: Huh. (traded Fall 2017 for 2018 5th

Tyrod Taylor  TBD: no trade value   Beane: Hold my Beer (traded Spring 2018 for a 2018 3rd)

AJ McCarron TBD: no trade value Beane: Hold my Beer (Fall 2018 for a 2019 5th)

Zay Jones TBD: Mr Butterfingers? Who wants him?  Beane: Hey! Why won't you guys hold my beer? (trades Fall 2019 for a 2021 5th)

Lee Smith  TBD: he's gonna be cut  Beane: (chugs beer and trades him March 2021 for a 2022 7th round pick)

I've learned to never say that a player is un-tradeable in Beane's hands.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

10 hours ago, Augie said:

This, from the guy who was “a problem” in his last location. He and Josh are a team for the ages! 

You can tell the guy loves kids and he always goes out of his way to put smiles on kids' faces.  There is nothing that I don't love about this dude.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Only Crowder and I guess if they wanted to give up on Shakir in favor of someone else or another position.  

I'd throw Austin, Kumerow, and maybe Hodgins. on that pile of tradable WR's

GB is still thin at WR... might get a 7th for Kumerow to appease Rodgers.

Hodgins could get noticed in Pre-season; the way Daryl Johnson showed enough to garner trade interest.

Austin can still start for some teams...

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.