Training Camp practice 8/8

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Probably. In a perfect world, they would prefer to trade him for a late round pick. Keep watch to see who gets hurt or somewhere where the projected starter is not working out.

Nobody is going to trade for him. 

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, muppy said:

lol someone needs to gift #17 a Harley. I mean he would look great anywhere. But put him on a bike like that I'd frame it for my wall just sayin' 🙂

For goodness sake, no donorcycle for Josh!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

As others have said -- if the offensive line is anything less than full strength, I wouldn't play Josh for a single snap.

There's always the second preseason game, if they think the "getting reps with Dorsey calling plays" thing is truly important.

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

For goodness sake, no donorcycle for Josh!

For Photo Op purposes 🙂 Yeah he riding a motorcycle wouldnt be a good thing I dont  want he hurt either

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

As others have said -- if the offensive line is anything less than full strength, I wouldn't play Josh for a single snap.

There's always the second preseason game, if they think the "getting reps with Dorsey calling plays" thing is truly important.

the O-Line and how they will all perform together is one question mark I have. Even more than CB's and the secondary its the Bills OL that I m unsure of. WE need data hence preseason games. The cream will we all hope rise to the top and make their keep/cut  decisions easier.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, buffalostu2 said:

But then you have a body on the roster doing nothing as the #5 WR.  So why?

Kumerow was on O for 116 snaps, ran 46 routes, was targeted 6 times, caught 2 for a total of 28 yards, had 1 drop that was a likely TD.

—- I don’t think his 28 yards on offense will be missed.

He played 15 games on STs and made 5 solo tackles, which was 6th on the team.  

There was a day when 5 tackles would have made him an  ST ‘must keep’, but I think those days are behind us.

I think Hodgins offers more upside than 28 yards and I think there are others that could kick in as much or more than 1 tackle every third game.

just my opinion.  I guess we’ll see.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Logic said:

Completely agree.

My other thought on this is why give the Colts a look at Allen?  The Colts are a potential playoff game for the Bills this year.  I’d rather risk showing Allen versus Denver is PreSeason Week 2  than giving the Colts anything. 

I see no reason for Kumerow if Hodgins is proving he can play WR.  I'm pretty sure Hodgins could learn to run down on STs.  With a kicker than can kick it through the end zone and a punter that can kick it through the end zone too, I'm about done keeping players on a team that can only contribute on ST.  I will never forget needing Kumerow in the NE game, and he came up small.  

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, AmishRifle said:

Completely agree.

My other thought on this is why give the Colts a look at Allen?  The Colts are a potential playoff game for the Bills this year.  I’d rather risk showing Allen versus Denver is PreSeason Week 2  than giving the Colts anything. 

what could possibly be gained from watching a few meaningless preseason snaps as opposed to 4 years of actual games?

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, AmishRifle said:

Denver is just as probable a playoff opponent as Indy.

It doesn't make sense to have preseason matchups in-conference. I'd much rather see all NFC opponents.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Best part of this is imagining what Spencer Brown is thinking.  Something like, "Are you kidding me?  I'm still practically a rookie, I haven't played or practiced any football for eight months, and one of the greatest edge rushers in the history of the game is across the line of scrimmage from me, dancing?    C'mon, man!"

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

Here is a question leading up to the Colts game this Saturday. How much should Allen and the starters on offense play? The defense probably won't play much as they know the system/scheme from Frazier's defense minus the new additions. But a new OC, some new wrinkles to the offense. I get we don't want injuries but the offense needs the reps. Two series, maybe three at most.

2 hours ago, 17islongenough said:

I don't want to Allen at all this weekend or next.  The line has to be healthy for him to play.   Have him play a half and maybe one series the third pre season game

Play time this weekend for Josh - should be zero.

I would hope for a couple of limited series week 2 and nothing at all Week 3.

That gives the O-Line a week to gel with everyone back before protecting Josh in live action and then a couple of weeks after the week 2 game for players to get treatment and ready for the Rams.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.