Training Camp practice 8/8

YoloinOhio

Here is a question leading up to the Colts game this Saturday. How much should Allen and the starters on offense play? The defense probably won't play much as they know the system/scheme from Frazier's defense minus the new additions. But a new OC, some new wrinkles to the offense. I get we don't want injuries but the offense needs the reps. Two series, maybe three at most.

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

Here is a question leading up to the Colts game this Saturday. How much should Allen and the starters on offense play? The defense probably won't play much as they know the system/scheme from Frazier's defense minus the new additions. But a new OC, some new wrinkles to the offense. I get we don't want injuries but the offense needs the reps. Two series, maybe three at most.

I don't want to Allen at all this weekend or next.  The line has to be healthy for him to play.   Have him play a half and maybe one series the third pre season game

1 minute ago, 17islongenough said:

I don't want to Allen at all this weekend or next.  The line has to be healthy for him to play.   Have him play a half and maybe one series the third pre season game

Probably better off in second game. Third game is likely full of head hunters looking to snag final roster spots. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

If Daboll were still the OC I would agree with you 100% but working with a new OC, I could see the starters including Allen getting some playing time this weekend.

• Agree 3

I see limited starter reps 1st preseason game, increasing game #2 and increasing again for game 3

No Allen game 1 for sure.

13 minutes ago, Greg S said:

13 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

Out of curiosity, who do you cut to make room for him?

Well, lotsa guys will end up being cut, but I think they will keep Hodgins over Kumerow.

Youth will be served.   Special teams will not crumble without Kumerow.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If Daboll were still the OC I would agree with you 100% but working with a new OC, I could see the starters including Allen getting some playing time this weekend.

I would think so, too.  One series or 8 or 10 snaps, whichever comes first   Just to have the feel of the game and the rhythm he and Dorsey have.   Then go to the bench.   

Also gives the coaches a chance to look at some film of the first team on the field and actually playing, just to see if everything is okay, mechanically.  

I would sit Saffold and Brown, even if they've been working with the number 1 unit some of this week.   Give them one more week before they have to face live action.   Keep going slowly with them.  

20 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

Out of curiosity, who do you cut to make room for him?

I have the same question

Diggs

Davis

McKenzie

Shakir

barring injury all seem locks at this point

Crowder

Austin

Hodgins

Pau'u who has been making some noise reportedly

unless someone else has emerged, Kumerow probably makes it as the 5th or 6th WR for his ST chops

So we're likely looking at one spot between the 2nd group of 4, and it's likely that they keep an extra TE this year

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.