Stadium Renderings are here!!!

Steel City Mafia

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Don't know what that means

I'm pretty sure they've had a timeline with a general date for the first renderings. I don't think this is an indication of any change to the timeline, either way.

Goat

Many on here know that I’m a practicing architect. I’ll guarantee you they have a timeline. It doesn’t mean they’re going to meet it. What most people think of artist’s renderings are actually done by the architects, and they really don’t take that long to prepare. What takes lots and lots of time are the blueprints (which aren’t called that anymore…they’re called construction drawings). When you fall behind on the those early renderings, it’s really hard to make up the time during the preparation of construction drawings. Now I’m not saying they’re behind but they’re definitely going to need to giddy up. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Heitz said:

Guess I'm not getting my hotels OR my Goat Island stadium...maybe some day...

338818401_TheGoat.png.6b54f479be63f72ff89c418e28ba34d6.png

:beer: 

Would really simplify the TV production obligatory shot of the Falls during the broadcast

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

^ This guy gets it...

Also, ARE WE THERE YET?? :beer: 

Definitely need to see this thing before the opener so we can all commiserate in Hammer's and B word about what we don't like with the renders!  

16 minutes ago, Heitz said:

^ This guy gets it...

Also, ARE WE THERE YET?? :beer: 

Definitely need to see this thing before the opener so we can all commiserate in Hammer's and B word about what we don't like with the renders!  

It’s going to be the NFL’s next marketing masterpiece. The unveiling of stadium renderings at half time of the opening game of the season.

Move over schedule release day and draft combine…

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

I am sure it will be soon if they want to break ground and have the stadium open in 2026 Buffalo Bills football season. I am not a fan of many of the choices that where made for the new Bills stadium but what is done is done. I think the big part of the Bills stadium show is the natural grass decision in Buffalo in a snow belt good luck get your popcorn ready. I wonder how long the NFL owners will let that go on with PSE wanting natural grass if it is anything like Bills football at War Memorial Stadium?

Even UB Bulls football who home season ends the weekend after Thanksgiving got rid of grass at UB Stadium years ago it is expensive to maintain and it is Buffalo for artificial playing surface. It isn’t just the snow it is the rain we get and lack of natural sunshine in the winter Buffalo doesn’t do grass in the winter well. To me this is like playing baseball in Houston with a open air stadium full time. The old Houston Colt .45’s before they changed their name to Houston Astros played in a open air stadium in Houston. It wasn’t just the heat why Houston Astros don’t play outside in the summer time it was a bug paradise in the old Houston Colt .45 stadium read your sports history learn from it. There are reasons why something isn’t done in one place or the other sports wise. I think PSE is shortsighted playing on natural grass in a Buffalo snow belt hope I am wrong in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I am sure it will be soon if they want to break ground and have the stadium open in 2026 Buffalo Bills football season. I am not a fan of many of the choices that where made for the new Bills stadium but what is done is done. I think the big part of the Bills stadium show is the natural grass decision in Buffalo in a snow belt good luck get your popcorn ready. I wonder how long the NFL owners will let that go on with PSE wanting natural grass if it is anything like Bills football at War Memorial Stadium?

Even UB Bulls football who home season ends the weekend after Thanksgiving got rid of grass at UB Stadium years ago it is expensive to maintain and it is Buffalo for artificial playing surface. It isn’t just the snow it is the rain we get and lack of natural sunshine in the winter Buffalo doesn’t do grass in the winter well. To me this is like playing baseball in Houston with a open air stadium full time. The old Houston Colt .45’s before they changed their name to Houston Astros played in a open air stadium in Houston. It wasn’t just the heat why Houston Astros don’t play outside in the summer time it was a bug paradise in the old Houston Colt .45 stadium read your sports history learn from it. There are reasons why something isn’t done in one place or the other sports wise. I think PSE is shortsighted playing on natural grass in a Buffalo snow belt hope I am wrong in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

I love tradition and the history of the game and I get that part of it. In all other ways, I agree with you fully. Show me a stadium that operates under the weather conditions of the Buffalo Bills with natural grass. They don’t exist because it doesn’t make sense.

Edited by MiltonWaddams

1 hour ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

1 hour ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I love tradition and the history of the game and I get that part of it. In all other ways, I agree with you fully. Show me a stadium that operates under the weather conditions of the Buffalo Bills with natural grass. They don’t exist because it doesn’t make sense.

https://turfmagazine.com/lawn-care/packers-lambeau-field-kentucky-bluegrass/

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

It doesn't snow nearly as much in Green Bay. 

I'm wondering a couple things about a grass field.

First, with what they are describing about the stadium all being above ground, steep, with a partial cover that means big shadows. Grass needs light to grow even if you keep the ground warm. The sun angle in WNY is already low in the winter. The season now runs nearly all the way to February. Are they putting grow lights in? If not how will the grass ever heal at all?

Second, if you are keeping the ground warm so the grass grows how do you get the equipment on it to clean off large snowfalls without rutting up the unfrozen field?

Third, if their thought is to resod frequently in the winter where on Earth are they going to truck sod in from and how do they expect that sod not to die, or at least go dormant, in transit? How do you water it in effectively when it's below freezing?

23 hours ago, Heitz said:

Guess I'm not getting my hotels OR my Goat Island stadium...maybe some day...

338818401_TheGoat.png.6b54f479be63f72ff89c418e28ba34d6.png

:beer: 

That’s the next stadium in 2076. The Falls will have moved a few more inches further back by then to really make it more dramatic.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Why are there haters of Hammers lot?

Likely because he has rules to be in his lot (rightfully so).  I've never been but I'm sure people have been tossed because of drunken stupidity while tailgating and complained about it.

Go to the ECC parking lot if you want to set yourself on fire while doing funnels and dizzy bat.  It's the wild west out there.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Third, if their thought is to resod frequently in the winter where on Earth are they going to truck sod in from and how do they expect that sod not to die, or at least go dormant, in transit? How do you water it in effectively when it's below freezing?

Why, Batavia of course.

Batavia Turf | Farms - The Genesee County Chamber of Commerce (geneseeny.com)

• Awesome! (+1) 2

6 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Goat

Many on here know that I’m a practicing architect. I’ll guarantee you they have a timeline. It doesn’t mean they’re going to meet it. What most people think of artist’s renderings are actually done by the architects, and they really don’t take that long to prepare. What takes lots and lots of time are the blueprints (which aren’t called that anymore…they’re called construction drawings). When you fall behind on the those early renderings, it’s really hard to make up the time during the preparation of construction drawings. Now I’m not saying they’re behind but they’re definitely going to need to giddy up. 

If they're not behind, then why do they need to giddy up?