Stadium Renderings are here!!!

Steel City Mafia

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not Bills renderings but still relatable.

I’m not sharing anything new, but I pay attention to the smaller capacity stadiums teams are building. Smaller capacity reasons are what I’d like to hear from all of you. I think they see the eventual decline of in person events and people relying on streaming, etc to grab their attention. I feel  they are building these venues for concerts, other sports, community events, etc more than football per se. What say you?

52 minutes ago, major said:

I’m not sharing anything new, but I pay attention to the smaller capacity stadiums teams are building. Smaller capacity reasons are what I’d like to hear from all of you. I think they see the eventual decline of in person events and people relying on streaming, etc to grab their attention. I feel  they are building these venues for concerts, other sports, community events, etc more than football per se. What say you?

Smaller capacity is multi facetted reason wise:

-Money. Back in the day there were not luxury boxes, pre game club eating areas, post game parties, etc.. now owners and colleges can make more offering those amenities for 50 people then having 100 seats.

-Comfort. 80k at the Ralph was great for atmosphere, but in terms of pure comfort and space left a lot to be desired. You can make a better stadium that fits people better with less capacity

-Concerts/Events. Many of todays concert are more elaborate then ever with stage and space. Your probably saying Corta isn't this going against that grain then, kinda of but there is a reason. Older stadiums lack the infrastructure to put on events in todays realm for what the big artists want. A smaller newer stadium will be able to focus on these things far easier then a stadium double in size. Part of the reason the Bills were not hosting night games for a while besides the teams record is how difficult and large the Ralph is to setup.

-Concourse. Large stadiums regardless of how well they are built mean a flood of people in the concourse moving around. I have read from NW fans and fans who have been to their current stadium it is a nightmare when the place is packed as it cannot handle the crowd. Smaller capacity means a more controlled crowd to fit the concourse being made.

-TV like you said. Live events are competing more then ever so less capacity means a more filled house and you can focus on more to offer those people there

-Market Size. Back in the day the goal was to build a big stadium and try to fill it to the brink regardless of market size. I read somewhere that the actual size stadium to fit the Buffalo market was like 59,000 and we are wayy over that. Most stadiums that are 15-20 years old now were built for markets that had a different style and life to today. The Ralph is 50+ years old it is beyond that at this point

-Money. Less seats me more can be charged and higher demand. This already has turned into the most expensive ticketed season in history, now remove 5-7000 seats and it will push prices higher. Will people be priced out? Yep which sucks in a lot of ways although if you have seasons your getting a better return on what you pay. 

Those are my thoughts from what I have read and seen posted. Cheers!

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, major said:

The prices are as high as the sky that is why smaller minor league facilities that few can afford. Again the NFL is taking a chance. If one can’t afford it out of sight out of mind. Just remember what BSF said. We are about to see corporate greed in Buffalo and we will see if there are enough Buffalo Bills fans to fill the new Bills stadium. Because there aren’t enough Buffalo Sabres fans right now to fill Key Bank Center anymore judging by the Buffalo Sabres first preseason game under 10,000 fans against the Philadelphia Flyers that means that the Sabres still have under 10,000 season ticket holders. Excuse me BSF is old the new talk is members whatever it is called 65 inch Smart television for BSF first game Sabres second game on the West Coast my Los Angeles Braves-Clippers. I never gave up rooting for the Braves-Clippers someday we will win a NBA championship we are building a $2 billion dollars arena and our owner is the wealthiest in sports Steve Balmer. I am optimistic my Braves-Clippers might finally be a NBA champion at some point in my opinion! Go Bills! Go Sabres! Go Braves-Clippers! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, frostbitmic said:

Are they really putting the new stadium at the bottom of Niagara Falls ?

Cantilevered in the between the Canadian and US falls. Thus, saving the networks the budget they spend to send a film crew to the falls to provide live footage there every time the Bills are on TV.

• Haha (+1) 2