Stadium Renderings are here!!!

Steel City Mafia

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

With standing room platforms / extra seating hopefully capacity is up to 65-66,000.  I still think it should be an even 70,000 

Small market team with higher ticket prices along with PSL fees. Many people are going to be priced out from going. That is the reality so 60,000 is probably  a good number for the new stadium.

• Like (+1) 2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, corta765 said:

The Toppenham stadium in ENG is the comparison both he and the team have used. It is fully enclosed concourse wise so no weather can get through. The actually seating area is covered by a roof that goes 360 degrees around. Super cool and well thought out stadium that allows an outdoor experience in a very controlled type way.

Same architectural firm as well. 

1 hour ago, Robert Paulson said:

Except for the last 35 years we heard the Bills might be leaving town or the stadium is moving downtown. Now we have a new 25+ year stadium moving in. It will happen.

PS the Packers development didn't really take off until they refurbished Lambeau

My sister lives in Appleton (nice town!) and we attended the Bills game in Green Bay a few years ago. I must say, I didn’t really see Titletown and I wish I’d made a point of doing that. Having said that, the thing that stands out to many people is that Lambeau is an NFL stadium sitting right in the middle of a normal, middle class residential neighborhood. All those houses contain potential customers/users of the shops.

Highmark stadium sits in the middle of the vast wasteland that is most of Orchard Park. There are very few people living near the stadium. I’d love a hotel and some more shops/restaurants/bars within an easy walk of the stadium, but I don’t see that happening. Maybe a new stadium will cause that to happen, but I doubt it. It’s too remote to draw much attention other than on game days, when they are probably too busy to be of much use while being overwhelmed 8-10 days a year.

What might be possible is some kind of shuttle/light rail from downtown. I’m NOT an expert on WNY or the obstacles related to connecting downtown to the stadium, but it would be more practical than building out around the stadium, it seems. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

My sister lives in Appleton (nice town!) and we attended the Bills game in Green Bay a few years ago. I must say, I didn’t really see Titletown and I wish I’d made a point of doing that. Having said that, the thing that stands out to many people is that Lambeau is an NFL stadium sitting right in the middle of a normal, middle class residential neighborhood. All those houses contain potential customers/users of the shops.

Highmark stadium sits in the middle of the vast wasteland that is most of Orchard Park. There are very few people living near the stadium. I’d love a hotel and some more shops/restaurants/bars within an easy walk of the stadium, but I don’t see that happening. Maybe a new stadium will cause that to happen, but I doubt it. It’s too remote to draw much attention other than on game days, when they are probably too busy to be of much use while being overwhelmed 8-10 days a year.

What might be possible is some kind of shuttle/light rail from downtown. I’m NOT an expert on WNY or the obstacles related to connecting downtown to the stadium, but it would be more practical than building out around the stadium, it seems. 

I went to/stayed in Appleton for a few days on business about 5-6 years ago.  I think their claim to fame is that it's Greta Van Susteren's hometown.  What I remember most about being there were the phenomenal walleye po boys and fried cheese curds I had every night at the hotel bar.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I went to/stayed in Appleton for a few days on business about 5-6 years ago.  I think their claim to fame is that it's Greta Van Susteren's hometown.  What I remember most about being there were the phenomenal walleye po boys and fried cheese curds I had every night at the hotel bar.

We went to some nice places on the water, but what stood out most to me, as I walked around town in my Bills gear, was all the people saying “welcome to Wisconsin!” in their funny little accents. I got that all over town! 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, BTB said:

I am repeating myself, but if any of the things you mentioned, were going to happen, wouldn’t they have already occurred over the last 50 years?

This gets lost on so many people.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Maybe once the Bills win a few SBs our own Titletown will emerge around the stadium - centered around a huge statue of Josh of course

9 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Maybe once the Bills win a few SBs our own Titletown will emerge around the stadium - centered around a huge statue of Josh of course

I suggest we find out! A life size Josh statue would be pretty huge. 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

As someone who grew up in area with my grandmother living on California Road and me in Steelton neighborhood off 20A this is no wasteland.

Most of the higher end hotels are where you expect - near interstate.

The only way the area will grow will be either ECC South which has been having issues, the state or the Pegulas decide to work with local governments and school systems but none of that are going to get hotels and bars which will be filled enough to sustain businesses.  Businesses in area are scaled for people who live and work in area year round.

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

As someone who grew up in area with my grandmother living on California Road and me in Steelton neighborhood off 20A this is no wasteland.

Most of the higher end hotels are where you expect - near interstate.

The only way the area will grow will be either ECC South which has been having issues, the state or the Pegulas decide to work with local governments and school systems but none of that are going to get hotels and bars which will be filled enough to sustain businesses.  Businesses in area are scaled for people who live and work in area year round.

OK, OP around the stadium is a wasteland. The word “most” is there for a reason, and it may be a bit of hyperbole, but anywhere near the stadium it fits. We just said the same thing. 

There is ZERO similarity between OP near the stadium and the Lambeau area which is surrounded by dense residential housing. 

Edited by Augie

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I suggest we find out! A life size Josh statue would be pretty huge. 

Last week on WGR I heard an idea for a statue of Fitz outside the new stadium, not as a player, but as a fan.  This could be pretty sweet.

ryan-fitzpatrick-fired-up.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Augie said:

I disagree - Hamburg is the town over and has 60,000 residents, west Seneca 45,000, East Aurora and OP another 10,000. Compared to where gillete stadium is located is it’s a virtual big city 

3 hours ago, Greg S said:

Small market team with higher ticket prices along with PSL fees. Many people are going to be priced out from going. That is the reality so 60,000 is probably  a good number for the new stadium.

Geez, the single game Craigslist seats are now 275 for nose bleed.  I could do 125 three years ago but this is stupid.  Must be supply chain issues??!!?

18 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

I disagree - Hamburg is the town over and has 60,000 residents, west Seneca 45,000, East Aurora and OP another 10,000. Compared to where gillete stadium is located is it’s a virtual big city 

My early years were in Hamburg. It’s really cute now, as witnessed on a trip back for an opener a few years ago. I have fond childhood memories of East Aurora as well. 

I hope I’m wrong, as I’d love to have some cool stuff around the stadium, especially a game day hotel. I just don’t know if it can support enough stuff to make it a magnet on non-game days. 

I live in Atlanta about 3 miles from where the Braves play at The Battery. Lots of shops, restaurants, bars and entertainment. It does well, and I love it on non-game days. The difference is there are literally millions of people within an easy drive. Having 100k +/- people nearby is small potatoes, especially when their needs are already met with things more convenient.  Now, you don’t need all THAT (The Battery), but I think most of the places you mentioned have enough in their immediate areas that they don’t need to drive out into a “giant empty field” that is the area surrounding the stadium.  You need enough to be a draw, but not so much that you can’t possibly support it. As others have said, If they’ve had since pre-1973 to develop the area, and it hasn’t been done, there might be a reason. 

Again, I will say as long as they remain in WNY I’m happy, and if stuff develops around the stadium, all the better. 

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Childhood home of Harry Houdini -cool museum about him on College Ave Downtown Appleton. 

my kids went to Houdini Elementary.

also Rocky Bleier and Willem Defoe

https://mileofmusic.com/  was this weekend - 4 1/2 days of live music- they turn College Ave into Broadway in Nashville for one big never ending party

Mile 10 is Aug 3-6, 2023

Last thought on Titletown- that neighborhood is like Cheektowaga (lot of old folks) the whole city and metro area goes there to party. Appleton/Fox Cities residents go there as well

Did anyone hang around Gillette before they built up around it?-build it and they will come

23 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

In ten years at the end of the Josh Allen era yes I believe the new Bills stadium will be potentially domed unfortunately it won’t change the location Orchard Park that has next to zero growth potential. But the future stadium going Bills fan is going to most likely want to not freeze or get any type of weather environment on them. That is assuming the new Bills stadium is even viable in 10 years in Orchard Park because who knows?

I wish the Buffalo Bills the best because I am Buffalo Bills fan but this new Bills stadium doesn’t really excite me personally as a Bills fan because the location is wrong and no dome again good luck. I like the Buffalo Sabres, Buffalo Bisons downtown set up with Canalside and the future neighborhood going to be built there. That is Buffalo future thinking long term not this shortsighted mess again in Orchard Park. I never liked Highmark Stadium because it was single sport with a few concerts use that lacked any type of excitement beyond the tailgate lots. Highmark stadium was scaled down from the dome it was suppose to be with Major League Baseball team for Buffalo so it was never a stadium that was great it was like the HSBC tower downtown and the Niagara Falls Convention Center urban renewal done shortsighted and poorly planned. Niagara Falls Convention Center should have been double the size for the Buffalo Braves NBA as the main tenant not Niagara Purple Eagles basketball. If that happened the Buffalo Braves NBA might have survived in Western New York  remember no Toronto Blue Jays or Toronto Raptors we missed the boat on so many things like always just shortsighted and failure.

Again tailgating isn’t really special I tailgate at UB Stadium every week for the UB Bulls football team what the Bills have tailgate wise is way overrated it isn’t special I can tailgate at UB Stadium. Speaking of UB stadium is another stadium that needs TLC like getting rid of the track and a new scoreboard again shortsighted nothing from WNY and NYS leaders just a joke. So no I am not Buffalo fan saying our leaders are wonderful we have a new Bills stadium that serves nothing but the Bills it isn’t a WNY community benefit it should be unfortunately. The Buffalo Bills didn’t invent tailgating. I get it we are poor in WNY with bad economic growth forever be proud tailgating outside in Orchard Park with nothing else beyond that which is ridiculous. Again even that new Bills stadium built at UB Amherst serves WNY more than Orchard Park because the university can use the stadium so it wouldn’t have been just a Bills stadium. We are forever shortsighted again in WNY there is nothing the Buffalo Bills are announcing with the new Bills stadium that is better than Key Bank Center Sahlen’s Field setup with Canalside. One can tailgate anywhere people tailgated at Sahlen’s Field for taste of country concert. The oh you can’t tailgate only in a Orchard Park stadium parking lot is ridiculous and embarrassing that shortsighted ness opinion is even a thing in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

I think you can blame Ralph, every County Exec, any Governor and Buffalo city council for all being to short sighted to come up with a plan that would have moved them. The needed infrastructure will take years to accomplish. Why should Pegula have to wait for that?

You can lay some blame at Pegula's feet for not getting this started earlier under his tenure but at the same time you can't blame for being too impatient to build it right now on that empty lot. Their concern is selling football tickets. Not theatre tickets and having restaurants but they are not against any development that may come with a new stadium and would in fact welcome it. They are not trying to be real estate developer beyond what they have. No fault in that.

13 hours ago, BTB said:

I don’t think there is a snowballs chance in hell of this being part of the new stadium.

It's pretty much the way he described it so I'll take that bet if you care to make one.