Stadium Renderings are here!!!

Steel City Mafia

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Is it just me or did no one on the design team tell the mouthpiece what “FULLY ENCLOSED” actually means…, or is it that the design team doesn’t know what “FULLY ENCLOSED” means??? JFC, What a bunch of spew.

Now don’t get me wrong, I think the new stadium is gonna be f ing great, but don’t piss down my back and tell me it’s raining…, 

Okay, I think I’m done now

(old man yells at cloud)

I'm thinking it means the entire concourse area will be fully enclosed with a lot glass looking over the field. But you will have to go through some type of door to get into the seating area. Does that make it better for you?

So when it's hot at your seat you get to go inside to a/c to get a beer no matter what section you sit in. When it's cold you go inside where it's heated and grab a cold beer. That's my interpretation of what Raccuia said. Far from spew, I think it's gold if it's what I'm thinking. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Robert Paulson said:

Packers make it work in Green Bay. Time-line:

1. Stadium

2. Hotels

3. Bars/Restaurants

4. Businesses

Going to Rammstein in August there. Can't wait

they did make it work in GB but a couple of differences:

1. Lambeau is a historic stadium with a historic team with a larger national fan-base than Buffalo. 

2. it’s in the city limits (barely), not in a middle-ring suburb of the city itself

As far as the concert goes, awesome band have fun!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

Lambeau Field is pretty much right in town. Highmark/The Ralph/Rich is closer to cross country skiing trails than Buffalo, and has been there almost 50 years without any significant development taking place. 

I get that but-  I have lived up here for 21 years and there was nothing around the stadium except 0 star motels, strip mallard a few supper clubs till they started putting some mid range hotels in. Now it's a mini hot spot with sports bars, condos, a high end hotel and office tower. It can be done.

Just now, Robert Paulson said:

I get that but-  I have lived up here for 21 years and there was nothing around the stadium except 0 star motels, strip mallard a few supper clubs till they started putting some mid range hotels in. Now it's a mini hot spot with sports bars, condos, a high end hotel and office tower. It can be done.

The other thing is is that there is money in orchard park already. Build it and they will come

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Awesome.....steep, stacked seating. With so many drunks at the Bills home games, what could go wrong here? Maybe they should put seatbelts in as well. Click-it or lose your ticket.

Forcing seat belts on crowd which did not want vaccines make little sense. 

Better to put plexiglass like for Sabres.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, beerme1 said:

I'm thinking it means the entire concourse area will be fully enclosed with a lot glass looking over the field. But you will have to go through some type of door to get into the seating area. Does that make it better for you?

So when it's hot at your seat you get to go inside to a/c to get a beer no matter what section you sit in. When it's cold you go inside where it's heated and grab a cold beer. That's my interpretation of what Raccuia said. Far from spew, I think it's gold if it's what I'm thinking. 

Well, as long as we can grab a cold beer, when it’s hot or cold outside  I guess it will be JFG, 😂👍🍺

As an aside, an enclosed concourse does not make for an enclosed stadium 😂 word salad = spew, now get off my lawn ( man continues to yell at a cloud) 🤣

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, beerme1 said:

I don’t think there is a snowballs chance in hell of this being part of the new stadium.

10 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

In ten years at the end of the Josh Allen era yes I believe the new Bills stadium will be potentially domed unfortunately it won’t change the location Orchard Park that has next to zero growth potential. But the future stadium going Bills fan is going to most likely want to not freeze or get any type of weather environment on them. That is assuming the new Bills stadium is even viable in 10 years in Orchard Park because who knows?

I wish the Buffalo Bills the best because I am Buffalo Bills fan but this new Bills stadium doesn’t really excite me personally as a Bills fan because the location is wrong and no dome again good luck. I like the Buffalo Sabres, Buffalo Bisons downtown set up with Canalside and the future neighborhood going to be built there. That is Buffalo future thinking long term not this shortsighted mess again in Orchard Park. I never liked Highmark Stadium because it was single sport with a few concerts use that lacked any type of excitement beyond the tailgate lots. Highmark stadium was scaled down from the dome it was suppose to be with Major League Baseball team for Buffalo so it was never a stadium that was great it was like the HSBC tower downtown and the Niagara Falls Convention Center urban renewal done shortsighted and poorly planned. Niagara Falls Convention Center should have been double the size for the Buffalo Braves NBA as the main tenant not Niagara Purple Eagles basketball. If that happened the Buffalo Braves NBA might have survived in Western New York  remember no Toronto Blue Jays or Toronto Raptors we missed the boat on so many things like always just shortsighted and failure.

Again tailgating isn’t really special I tailgate at UB Stadium every week for the UB Bulls football team what the Bills have tailgate wise is way overrated it isn’t special I can tailgate at UB Stadium. Speaking of UB stadium is another stadium that needs TLC like getting rid of the track and a new scoreboard again shortsighted nothing from WNY and NYS leaders just a joke. So no I am not Buffalo fan saying our leaders are wonderful we have a new Bills stadium that serves nothing but the Bills it isn’t a WNY community benefit it should be unfortunately. The Buffalo Bills didn’t invent tailgating. I get it we are poor in WNY with bad economic growth forever be proud tailgating outside in Orchard Park with nothing else beyond that which is ridiculous. Again even that new Bills stadium built at UB Amherst serves WNY more than Orchard Park because the university can use the stadium so it wouldn’t have been just a Bills stadium. We are forever shortsighted again in WNY there is nothing the Buffalo Bills are announcing with the new Bills stadium that is better than Key Bank Center Sahlen’s Field setup with Canalside. One can tailgate anywhere people tailgated at Sahlen’s Field for taste of country concert. The oh you can’t tailgate only in a Orchard Park stadium parking lot is ridiculous and embarrassing that shortsighted ness opinion is even a thing in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Translation:

The Bills are ending up with a new modern stadium located out in the distant suburbs. Your seat will be covered, you’ll be able to surf the internet, and there’ll be more bathrooms. The end.

(Quoting Seinfeld…”Not that there’s anything wrong with that.)

• Like (+1) 1

I like that the grenade that I threw into this thread, was suggesting that maybe other things could be built around the stadium. :D

I'm going to stand by desire for a nice hotel near the stadium - I love me an RV for the opener, but I'd prefer a nice bed and room within walking distance to the stadium (I want to feel what it's like to be Hammer), maybe a few other bars to go to on a Saturday, I might even shop and buy some Buffalo merch - who knows!

Regardless, I'm super excited to see the render of the new building and for our team to have a new home, roof, or no roof!  GO BILLS!! :beer: 

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Heitz said:

I wonder if any other new development pop-up around the new stadium?  I nice big hotel nearby would be amazing, as would a few other bars (not that we all don't love our Big Tree and Danny's time), a brewery maybe.  IDK, it's always interesting to me that there's really not much near the stadium, maybe this could be a catalyst...

I am repeating myself, but if any of the things you mentioned, were going to happen, wouldn’t they have already occurred over the last 50 years?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BTB said:

I am repeating myself, but if any of the things you mentioned, were going to happen, wouldn’t they have already occurred over the last 50 years?

Maybe, but apparently not?  Of course, it's not 50 years ago, it's 2026 (I live in the future :D)

Just saying that *IMO* we seem to live in a time of more development than ever and typically when someone announces a billion plus dollar project, developers, entrepreneurs and the wealthy try to find a way to draft off of it and spend money, to make money.  IDK, guess we'll find out over the next few years... :beer:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, beerme1 said:

The Toppenham stadium in ENG is the comparison both he and the team have used. It is fully enclosed concourse wise so no weather can get through. The actually seating area is covered by a roof that goes 360 degrees around. Super cool and well thought out stadium that allows an outdoor experience in a very controlled type way.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

(I) must of missed it, gonna be real turf, fake, or a mix of both (hybrid, like @ Lambeau)?

Heated?  Etc... 

Seats are the hardest to shovel... Eliminate that cost overhead and the snow load on any kind of partial roof,  brush the field or heat it, EZ-PZ from a bean counter's POV...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

(I) must of missed it, gonna be real turf, fake, or a mix of both (hybrid, like @ Lambeau)?

Heated?  Etc... 

Seats are the hardest to shovel... Eliminate that cost overhead and the snow load on any kind of partial roof,  brush the field or heat it, EZ-PZ from a bean counter's POV...

It will have a heated grass field.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BTB said:

Except for the last 35 years we heard the Bills might be leaving town or the stadium is moving downtown. Now we have a new 25+ year stadium moving in. It will happen.

PS the Packers development didn't really take off until they refurbished Lambeau