Stadium Renderings are here!!!

Steel City Mafia

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, stevewin said:

I am interested if they put some rust-belt/blue-collar vibe into it - vs some hyper sleek thing which soesn't really fit the image of the city

rust-belt cities are largely remaking themselves.  This "holding onto the past" thing needs to go, IMO.  It's not a "rust belt" city anymore (neither are PIT or CLE, either).  Before it was a "rust belt city" it was something else.  Now it's trying (hopefully) to transition into a tech/banking/medical city.  

I don't need an update about how something is "very close".  Either show the renderings or tell me a date.  Of course we are close, they have deadlines and a timeline to meet.  Thanks for zero new information.

• Eyeroll 2

58 minutes ago, Shake_My_Head said:

Makes me think of the Seahawks stadium.   It always looks like fans are looking straight down on the field in TV shots.

The upper level is really steep. It does give a pretty intimate feel for the game even being up there. I’ve sat all over that stadium and, even though I don’t prefer Endzone seating, I haven’t found a bad place to sit.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This was my expectation and makes perfect sense.  The positioning and construction of the stadium is designed to minimize the wind, making it better for both the players and the fans.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

not very close....very very close

3 hours ago, stevewin said:

I am interested if they put some rust-belt/blue-collar vibe into it - vs some hyper sleek thing which soesn't really fit the image of the city

it's not going to be in the city

46 minutes ago, Logic said:

I, for one, can't wait to get some good pictures of the stadium I'll no longer be able to afford to sit in!

I won't be able to afford them either.... but I'm still looking.... and I'll probably have my credit card with me....

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

I don't need an update about how something is "very close".  Either show the renderings or tell me a date.  Of course we are close, they have deadlines and a timeline to meet.  Thanks for zero new information.

image.png.29d1da1725aae689fabc85ae475ea3fa.png

• Haha (+1) 2

I really hope this new stadium has giant rails that go the entire length down so we can slide down it. 

30 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Will there be private rooms?  Maybe rooms that only @Gugny and I will I’ve access to?

Supposedly there will be romp rooms so fans don’t have to do their deeds in the parking lots.