Stadium Renderings are here!!!

Steel City Mafia

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Augie said:

What might be possible is some kind of shuttle/light rail from downtown. I’m NOT an expert on WNY or the obstacles related to connecting downtown to the stadium, but it would be more practical than building out around the stadium, it seems. 

As a rail officiantanto the line by the stadium basically isn't used anymore. Back in the 90s the Amtrak Bills train would drop fans off in Depew and they took busses in from there. An extension off the line from the stadium was proposed I have the concepts on my phone but it never came to pass. The line goes through Lackawanna which up to there is not much of an issue. The problem would be after that at Tift Farm as there are two yards and over 70 plus trains daily to contend with. You would need to spend a considerable sum of cash to build a flyover to connect into the city and another bridge over the buffalo river, but if you want a train connection that is your best bet as the major railroads will want nothing to do with the hassle of passenger trains running through. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, corta765 said:

As a rail officiantanto the line by the stadium basically isn't used anymore. Back in the 90s the Amtrak Bills train would drop fans off in Depew and they took busses in from there. An extension off the line from the stadium was proposed I have the concepts on my phone but it never came to pass. The line goes through Lackawanna which up to there is not much of an issue. The problem would be after that at Tift Farm as there are two yards and over 70 plus trains daily to contend with. You would need to spend a considerable sum of cash to build a flyover to connect into the city and another bridge over the buffalo river, but if you want a train connection that is your best bet as the major railroads will want nothing to do with the hassle of passenger trains running through. 

Sheldon Cooper?  Is that you?

26 minutes ago, chongli said:

Thanks Sal! In other new, we are also close to celebrating Labor Day this September. 😁

Not to mention, why doesn’t Sal kiss his ass a little more by including all his various titles?   Wouldn’t “Bills exec Ron…” been sufficient? 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Last I heard, begins in 2023 and completes in 2026

I’d say that’s about right. Remember, this has to be done in phases because they also have to demolish Rich Stadium and redevelop that land into a parking lot. It’ll all depend on what time of year they get started, but the fact that we’re already in mid August 2022 and we’ve yet to see any renderings tells me they need to step on it! 

15 minutes ago, SRQ_BillsFan said:

the fighting hasn’t started yet, it’s coming. 

Don't know what that means

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’d say that’s about right. Remember, this has to be done in phases because they also have to demolish Rich Stadium and redevelop that land into a parking lot. It’ll all depend on what time of year they get started, but the fact that we’re already in mid August 2022 and we’ve yet to see any renderings tells me they need to step on it! 

I'm pretty sure they've had a timeline with a general date for the first renderings. I don't think this is an indication of any change to the timeline, either way.