Stadium Renderings are here!!!

Steel City Mafia

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, haroldwaide said:

So showing Kevin Everett's video before the Cowboys game didn't help hype the crowd up?  

This is my 14th year with Seasons and it takes an act of God for me to miss a game.  I know how electric the crowd is and I've always loved it but I think you take any advantage you can.  The video was planned.  The player introductions with the lights off VS the pats in the playoffs was planned.  Recognizing the Pegulas after they bought the team was planned.  This would be no different.

Grats on 14 years. That’s great. 

There is absolutely no need for additional hype videos for the home opener on a Monday night. 

I understand they will do things like this. It’s exactly why they put out old timers to rile the crowd up before games. But I highly doubt some pictures on the Jumbotron of renderings what the stadium might look like are needed on a Monday night game, that’s the season opener are gonna do more than than all the booze in western NY imbibed into 74k people is already going to do. 

On 8/21/2022 at 2:15 PM, Mr Wild said:
I just hope there are no real gimmicks. Like the SoFi Cirlcle Screens that didnt work, The Dallas stadium where punts hit the screens, Atlanta where the Mercedes Benz stadium does open right

aka "the Sphincter"

Edited by PromoTheRobot

On 8/20/2022 at 6:27 AM, davefan66 said:

Pretty much looks like what we’ve been told so far.  Stacked seating, totally enclosed and coverings over the top deck.  Seating is about the same.  Ron Raccuia Stated it wil be between 62-63K fixed seats and 3k standing.

66,000 capacity is a lot better than 60k

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/18/2022 at 6:22 PM, Buffalo716 said:

That makes literally no sense

They can use a red helmet but with a logo that was never used with the red helmets? 

The New league rules say you can pair a new helmet… With your color rush, Alternate, Or classic

The bills can make the 90s jersey the alternate and make the red helmets with the charging buffalo… What’s stopping them from that

they can use the red helmet with the white standing Bison logo because it was used in the past so it is historical and could be a throwback. They must then match it with 90's throwback uniform they used it with in the NFL 75th anniversary celebration year when all teams used throwbacks in some fashion. 1994. image.png.f8f0bed3f4486f694fad1f1e2d9935f6.pngBills went cheap as Wilson do not want to pay for second helmets. Just changed logo. Uniforms were not historical but a facsimile of old looks. 

image.thumb.png.0ea2675e028f6a484ca32c1f034c483f.png

Edited by cba fan
  • Vomit 1

8 minutes ago, cba fan said:

he is talking about stadium not helmet.......lol

they can use the red helmet with the white standing Bison logo because it was used in the past so it is historical and could be a throwback. They must then match it with 90's uniform they used it with in the NFL 75th anniversary celebration year when all teams used throwbacks in some fashion. 1994. image.png.f8f0bed3f4486f694fad1f1e2d9935f6.png

image.thumb.png.0ea2675e028f6a484ca32c1f034c483f.png

Those helmets were used for two games during the 75th celebration

They were never used for even 1 full season and their honestly pretty ugly

It’s not like those were in standard use for years like all of our other helmets… If they want red they should go back to the charging red buffalo one

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It is very encouraging that the main feature/characteristic we have heard about is the proximity and pitch of the seats.  Put fans in the action.  The rest is not important.  Shielding the wind and covering fans is nice too.  

They horribly failed at the design on Marine Midland/HSBC/Crossroads/First Niagara/Key Bank Center.  There is such a gradual upgrade in the seating bowl, with very little/minimal overhangs.  As a result, we have a large arena with seats 1000 miles away.  Not to mention thousands of seats in the 100 level with obstructed views.  Give me a game in front of 16,420 in the Aud on top of the action over 19,070 in that newer place.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

It is very encouraging that the main feature/characteristic we have heard about is the proximity and pitch of the seats.  Put fans in the action.  The rest is not important.  Shielding the wind and covering fans is nice too.  

They horribly failed at the design on Marine Midland/HSBC/Crossroads/First Niagara/Key Bank Center.  There is such a gradual upgrade in the seating bowl, with very little/minimal overhangs.  As a result, we have a large arena with seats 1000 miles away.  Not to mention thousands of seats in the 100 level with obstructed views.  Give me a game in front of 16,420 in the Aud on top of the action over 19,070 in that newer place.

You can watch a football game better from the nose bleeds of the Ralph then you can from mid way up the top level in that arena.

17 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

The seating bowl was horrible from day 1, and it makes you wonder if they asked for any input at all from the fanbase when designing it(Rigas era?).  

Fast forward 25 years…the place is very dated…maybe even classified as a dump. The rumored renovation has been very quiet.   As far away from “very close” as possible. 😂

1 minute ago, BTB said:

The seating bowl was horrible from day 1, and it makes you wonder if they asked for any input at all from the fanbase when designing it(Rigas era?).  

Fast forward 25 years…the place is very dated…maybe even classified as a dump. The rumored renovation has been very quiet.   As far away from “very close” as possible. 😂

It is a dump.  The "club" seats area is so horribly laid out and doesn't feel even slightly premium.  The concourse in the 300s is laughably narrow.  The seats up there are really steep.  I went to get my vaccine there during covid and it just felt... very dated and ugly with no one there.  

1 hour ago, BTB said:

The acoustics in Key Bank are just terrible, nothing like The Aud. Some concerts tend to sound quiet or even muffled depending on where you are seated. Even in the glory days of Briere/Drury when they were one of the top teams in the league they pumped in fake crowd noise with the goal song. It's an understatement to say that arena has not aged well.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Meanwhile "The U" gets their stadium renderings.

That looks pretty awesome, especially considering it's just a college football place. I like how it's made to look like a funnel from the side and spiral at the top, with "hurricane" in mind

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

That looks pretty awesome, especially considering it's just a college football place. I like how it's made to look like a funnel from the side and spiral at the top, with "hurricane" in mind

And the giant net drops on all the thugs from the U. Kills two birds with one stone.

• Dislike 1