Stadium Renderings are here!!!

Steel City Mafia

5 minutes ago, Draconator said:

The Bills are getting embarrassed as an organization with these stadium delays. This may not end well.

No longer living in WNY I’m interested to know if the ‘delay’ is a topic in the local media. Until now I’ve just looked at it as a bit of a comic relief thread. But it’s all fun and games until somebody loses an eye…or a stadium. 

Edited by SoCal Deek

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

No longer living in WNY I’m interested to know if the ‘delay’ is a topic in the local media. Until now I’ve just looked at it as a bit of a comic relief thread. But it’s all fun and games until somebody loses an eye…or a stadium. 

Hasn’t been brought up too much. But I’d say that gives reason to be worried. Could steal this thing right out from under us 

2 hours ago, mrags said:

It looks like there’s things to do besides tailgate for 6 hours then go into the stadium half cocked. Looks like there’s restaurants, bars, outside patio areas. Oh, and a dome that would ensure people going to the games in the winter time. But we’ve all argued that before. Instead we’ll get just a plain stadium and nobody wants to do anything or will do anything almost half of the football season. Over half if we’re lucky enough to host some home playoff games. Which is a rarity for this organization minus about 9 years worth of football. 

So, you wish Buffalo was Nashville. Got it.

On the other hand, this is why the stadium will cost half as much.

54 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

So, you wish Buffalo was Nashville. Got it.

On the other hand, this is why the stadium will cost half as much.

No. I wish the City of Buffalo and surrounding areas made smart decisions when it comes to things like this. 

and it’s not twice as much so I don’t know what to tell you about match that you should already know as an adult, But 1.4x2 is not 2.1 

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I find these architectural critiques to be interesting. Not sure what you think a downtown stadium is supposed look like. It appears to have lots of plazas and balconies for restaurants etc which would seem very appropriate for its context. The architects are trying to engage the surrounding neighborhood. Which is really hard to do with a building that’s inherently inward focused. And…Since it has a roof you’re not going to see tall stadium light poles. If that’s what you were expecting. 

Everyone has their own tastes bro

2 hours ago, Draconator said:

The Bills are getting embarrassed as an organization with these stadium delays. This may not end well.

As someone else mentioned, since this involves taxpayer money I wonder if they're all waiting until after a certain date in November. Doesn't make it right. It's either that or something has gone terribly wrong that they're trying to fix.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I apologize for bringing this up, but Kim Pegula’s health condition wouldn’t have anything to do with the delay, would it?

Doubtful. It's the election. There's hope that the far right will win a few races and throw a wrench into the budget. 

• Dislike 1

20 minutes ago, galept said:

As someone else mentioned, since this involves taxpayer money I wonder if they're all waiting until after a certain date in November. Doesn't make it right. It's either that or something has gone terribly wrong that they're trying to fix.

Yep. I feel stupid for not seeing that a while ago. This thread goes back to early August. It should have been at least a thought a few weeks after that. 

11 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Fyi they started talking about it this morning on WGR. I’m guessing they were reading this thread and are getting antsy as well. Lots of talk about the public domain of some businesses in southwestern and abbot. Lots of talk about it not being a lock yet because of possible political changes. Now I’ve got to go into work and won’t be able to listen but that was the first 20+ minutes of the show. 

• Agree 1