Stadium Renderings are here!!!

Steel City Mafia

4 minutes ago, BTB said:

Hopefully whoever decided on the zig zag pathways and perimeter giant boulders, have nothing to do with the new stadium. 

Those pathways were designed to allow fans to easily outrun any loose alligators on the property.

• Haha (+1) 2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, BTB said:

Hopefully whoever decided on the zig zag pathways and perimeter giant boulders, have nothing to do with the new stadium. 

Still miss seeing people trying to climb the muddy hill on the way out of the stadium. Good entertainment. Was unfortunately the highlight of many games for about a decade 🤦🏻‍♂️

Yeah, I'm getting impatient like everyone else waiting to see what the new stadium will look like... 

Really hoping the over hang is more translucent with a bit more architectural design to it - like this:

BUOXN7JS5NEY7GDLJFI6NC4NQA

New open-air Roughriders stadium will come with a ‘roof-ready’ option

xian-bowl.png?updated=1658173628718

China is Building the Stadium of the Future

Instead of a dark "roof" like this:

I would also be thrilled if they just replicated Tottenham's stadium:

Other Populous designs/stadiums:

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BillStime said:

Yeah, I'm getting impatient like everyone else waiting to see what the new stadium will look like... 

Really hoping the over hang is more translucent with a bit more architectural design to it - like this:

Instead of a dark "roof" like this:

I would also be thrilled if they just replicated Tottenham's stadium:

Other Populous designs/stadiums:

Thanks for sharing these images. They’re a great representation of what can be done these days. Populous is known for some pretty contemporary design work. I’m guessing this will not be your grandmother’s stadium. 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Rampage said:

Price of materials has risen exponentially since that stadium was built so that needs to be factored in.

Agreed but the price of labor, the price acquiring land in London is much more expensive. Also, materials are never cheap in Britain. For instance a “gallon” of gas equivalent right now is over $8 US in Britain and is traditionally double that of the US. So you can’t assume you know the price of their costs. Just saying using the exact same blueprint saves 10s of millions. 

3 hours ago, BTB said:

Jerry Jones company overseeing the stadium project just doesn’t feel right to me. Only time will tell if they do a good job, but…

F Jones and F the Cowboys. 

We've assured that there will be no giant video board to punt balls into, so we're good in that regard

Whether or not the Sun will blinding our players' eyes remains to be seen.....

On 8/8/2022 at 9:40 AM, stevewin said:

I've always thought more stadiums should be built this way - so many stadiums high vertically also means far way horizontally.  Also with longer overhangs more seats below are protected.  Cost is an issue I'm sure 

When I use the word “Stacked” I’m almost always not referring to stadium builds😁

8 hours ago, BillStime said:

So here is my question about the covered area over the seats.  All the ones we have seen are not in snowey areas.  If anyone has seen the metal roofs that are popular now. Snow when it warms up a little will just slide off and crash to the floor.  How will a covered seat area be able to stop the snow from sliding down and potentially falling on someone from high up?  It has to be something they have thought of right?

3 minutes ago, Mr Wild said:

So here is my question about the covered area over the seats.  All the ones we have seen are not in snowey areas.  If anyone has seen the metal roofs that are popular now. Snow when it warms up a little will just slide off and crash to the floor.  How will a covered seat area be able to stop the snow from sliding down and potentially falling on someone from high up?  It has to be something they have thought of right?

I’ll have to defer to the experts.

@SoCal Deek?

12 minutes ago, Mr Wild said:

Simple: The roof doesn’t slope towards the interior of the stadium. It slopes towards the perimeter. Remember that the bigger problem is rain, not snow. If you don’t want the snow sliding into the spectators, you definitely don’t want rain ‘sliding’ off. Trust me, it won’t be a problem. 👍

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Simple: The roof doesn’t slope towards the interior of the stadium. It slopes towards the perimeter. Remember that the bigger problem is rain, not snow. If you don’t want the snow sliding into the spectators, you definitely don’t want rain ‘sliding’ off. Trust me, it won’t be a problem. 👍

I expected it to slope outwards but will there be a perimeter so you cant really be right next to the stadium on the outside?  For safety reasons?

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

My ex-wife and I are "very close" to patching things up.  I'll keep everyone posted. :D

That's not what she told me last night in bed. 

1 hour ago, Mr Wild said:

I expected it to slope outwards but will there be a perimeter so you cant really be right next to the stadium on the outside?  For safety reasons?

The Carrier Dome has a "lip" around the perimeter of the roof, where rain and snow would funnel down to, then go into drains. 

A2_dome_01.jpg

• Like (+1) 1