Question for someone who has watched some practices. Who has looked better Barkley or Keenum?

tomur67

I did see Keenum on the list of 7 people struggling.  

Interestingly, Mitch Turbisky may be getting passed by Rudolph on the Steelers.  If that happened, would Mitch be back?  (Rudloph is better than people think, so him winning the QB competition should not be surprising)  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/mason-rudolph-the-most-hated-man-in-pittsburgh/ar-AA10nu4e?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=bc953b3a17aa481ca09cd124bff78990

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 1

I was there today and Barkley was awful. Inaccurate passes, poor decisions, you name it. Keenum looked like what he is, a limited QB that can complete a few passes and help us win maybe 40%-50% of games that he's forced to play. From other reports that appears to be how it's looked for both of them throughout all of camp.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

Interestingly, Mitch Turbisky may be getting passed by Rudolph on the Steelers.  If that happened, would Mitch be back?  (Rudloph is better than people think, so him winning the QB competition should not be surprising)  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/mason-rudolph-the-most-hated-man-in-pittsburgh/ar-AA10nu4e?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=bc953b3a17aa481ca09cd124bff78990

Don't be fooled by "Preseason Rudolph".  Rudolph always looks good in camp/practice/preseason but falls apart when the bullets start flying.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Would save us 1.5m in cap space with 2 million dead cap hit.  Can't see us going with Barkley as a backup though.  He's better at dancing to Renegade than throwing a football.

He is very good at that though and deserves recognition for igniting the sideline.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, tomur67 said:

Will Keenum automatically be QB2? Or is there a real competition for the position?

Seemed like in the stadium practice, Keenum was with the 2s and Barkley with the 3s

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

Peterman won the preseason competition with Allen and AJ McCarron.  He was clearly the best QB

Edited by Beck Water
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I was there today and Barkley was awful. Inaccurate passes, poor decisions, you name it. Keenum looked like what he is, a limited QB that can complete a few passes and help us win maybe 40%-50% of games that he's forced to play. From other reports that appears to be how it's looked for both of them throughout all of camp.

Agreed. To be fair to Barkley, the guy is in probably one of the best #3 QBs in the league though.

36 minutes ago, ChicagoRic said:

Don't be fooled by "Preseason Rudolph".  Rudolph always looks good in camp/practice/preseason but falls apart when the bullets start flying.

that’s what I thought, but the article makes a compelling case otherwise.  

It would be interesting to see how our offense would function with a mediocre QB….

I mean, how good is the offense without JA?

if we have our five starting OL I think the OL is pretty good.

I think our weapons are pretty good too… might be missing an OBJ might not….

I just rewatched the chefs playoff game and Josh made so many plays being Josh…

Although Davis was on fire…. Diggs was doubled mostly I guess?  Beasley was injured and ineffective….

Sanders caught a couple…. Singletary looked OK…. Probably a bit nervous… I think he missed a huge cutback… I think he matured in that game though and will be better this year….

I have to watch again but I’m thinking Brown got taken to school most of the game but Allen knew the pass rusher was coming and avoided him…. Allen was so freakin good. Mahomes as well unfortunately…. I think our defense played better than I thought initially. I couldn’t admit that Mahomes is just that good and blamed the D…especially when you consider Tre and Star did not play.

Finally, I think the refs favored KC and that could be seen as the difference in the game and that’s why you want home field advantage….

3 hours ago, ChicagoRic said:

Is he better than Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen?

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.