Fans throw things at Diggs and Allen

Dablitzkrieg

In past years I've seen this work successfully at the tunnel out to the practice field at camp - a smaller, more intimate setting where there are less people, you can make eye contact with a player, and it is closer and easier to throw it back.  A number of years ago my son threw his hat down to Beane (got his attention yelling "Go Seahawks" b/c they both went to UNCW), Taiwan Jones and some one else who all signed and threw it back.  It obviously is not going to be as successful at the Highmark stadium tunnel.

One thing that always strikes me is the large majority of kids seem to scream player's last name when pleading vs what I would consider a more friendly first name.  "Diggs!  Diggs! Diggs!" - just comes off as rude to me

Edited by stevewin

15 minutes ago, muppy said:

can you imagine if that helmet had actually caused #17 physical harm. That person would need to go into hiding. Things that happen like that I call brain farts.

It was actually a football in its packaging.  Not so damaging but still disrespectful.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The team has gone through great lengths to make themselves available for autographs.... so now that they've gone through great lengths to do this people are acting like ass hats.

This will end up with nobody staying after to sign autographs so I hope the numb skulls wisen the F up

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo ill said:

Autographs are dumb and people are waaaaaay too obsessed with getting them.

Do people still look to get autographs? In today's world I thought taking a picture (cell phone) with the player is the thing to do now.

17 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

So which one of you clowns did it?

Unfortunately we have to realize there are just some really stupid people that wonder around here with us i hope someone saw who that was & bans them from anything Bills for a this season .

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I can't imagine Bills fans would throw something at a Bills player or at anyone for that matter. Morons if they did. Are we sure it wasn't a Pats, Jets, or Dolphins fan.

Looked like it was from a kid.

And this shows why they are building a new stadium and pricing certain types out… act like you been there before for christs sake, these are just human beings who happen to be very talented at a game. I’ll never get this fawning over celebrities/athletes as if they aren’t just people who hit the lottery of life.

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan

This isn't about autographs and whether you are interested in them or not. It is about out-of-control, rude, disrespectful behavior by the people who were throwing items-- both adults and kids (who need to be taught how to behave by responsible parents).

• Like (+1) 3

On 8/7/2022 at 4:17 PM, Dablitzkrieg said:

So which one of you clowns did it?

What puzzles me about this is…if you throw an item at a player from the stands, how are you supposed to get it back?  Do you plead with a security guard to give it to you?  Come on…

I hated seeing these videos not just because it’s disrespectful but because the Bills have really been accommodating to signing things for fans.  I’ve read reports that Allen, Diggs, Von Miller and Dawson Knox (among others) have spent up to 40 minutes after practice signing for fans.  This is rare in the NFL for superstars of that caliber and it shows how the Bills players are appreciative of the fan support. 

But it seems that because of this, fans expect them to sign items.  It feels like they are taking advantage of their generosity.   Throwing items at players is so disrespectful 

Good on Allen for calling out BS behavior 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.