Fans throw things at Diggs and Allen

Dablitzkrieg

55 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

People are way too infatuated with entertainers, just people who happen to be really good at something. 

I’m really good at posting here and no one has asked me to sign ****.

• Like (+1) 1

Mass stupidity really.

For one it's demeaning to expect a player to pick an item off the ground and sign it, and then try to return it to the thrower. For another thing it's potentially dangerous.

1. The Bills PR team meets with the players and directs them to IGNORE objects thrown by fans.
  2. The Bills PR team makes announcements before the team takes or leaves the field, informing fans that throwing items is prohibited and that thrown items will not be returned and that throwing items could result in penalties to the thrower.
  3. Players will ignore the thrown items and the maintenance staff will collect any thrown items and make sure they are NOT returned to the throwers. If throwers are identified they are sanctioned appropriately.

Problem solved.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, VaMilBill said:

Ridiculous behavior on display by nearly everyone around that tunnel. 

I never understood the infatuation with an autograph. It’s just a signature. I would much rather get a picture with a player or have a conversation with them to get insight

Insight about what? 

a player isn’t telling anyone any useful information.. guaranteed 

i understand about A picture and saying good luck tho

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

I remember acting like this when I saw Tom Jones in Vegas. He was livid when I threw my undies at him.

I tried to get Brady to sign a… err… toy… you know, as a gift… for… somebody… 🤷‍♂️… but I’m pretty sure he just kept it for himself. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Stay the hell away from Josh!

For what it’s worth, I’m guessing Brittany is not too worried. 

I heard something similar happened at a Browns practice, but they weren’t looking for autographs, just disposing of the gear they had accumulated back when they could actually tolerate their team. 

Edited by Augie

44 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Mass stupidity really.

For one it's demeaning to expect a player to pick an item off the ground and sign it, and then try to return it to the thrower. For another thing it's potentially dangerous.

1. The Bills PR team meets with the players and directs them to IGNORE objects thrown by fans.
  2. The Bills PR team makes announcements before the team takes or leaves the field, informing fans that throwing items is prohibited and that thrown items will not be returned and that throwing items could result in penalties to the thrower.
  3. Players will ignore the thrown items and the maintenance staff will collect any thrown items and make sure they are NOT returned to the throwers. If throwers are identified they are sanctioned appropriately.

Problem solved.

I'd also make it known that any future such behavior will result in lifetime bans from all Bills-related events and that they will pursue criminal prosecution if and where possible.  No exceptions.   

I know this isn’t fair but I’m gonna say it anyways:

When the tickets are completely free you’re probably going to have a higher percentage of trashy fans. 

Edited by Bruffalo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.