Saffold activated from NFI list

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I guess….if you want to play Jauron ball and try and run out the clock…. The best defense is an offense that scores points….I’m personally hopeful the offensive line is better at protecting Josh and they hit the gas the entire game. 

Yeah…..like we’re going to play Jauron ball……. 🙄 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Dude said ball control offense. 😅

And you said what you always say.  

He said “at times, a ball control offense”.  Being able to control the clock at times…..and that triggers Jauron to you

Edited by NewEra

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

And you said what you always say.  

He said “at times, a ball control offense”.  Being able to control the clock at times…..and that triggers Jauron to you

How can an O-Lineman coming off the NFI list be a bad thing?

LOL, some people's kids.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Very welcome news.  The starting line needs reps together. I am personally hopeful the Bills offense is more balanced with the run this year.  Yes, JA has a huge arm and a stable of WR’s but at times a ball control offense is a stellar defense.

Agree.  Ball control offenses can give the defense a breather or keep ball out of opposing offense's hands when defense is have issues preventing other team when scoring.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Agree.  Ball control offenses can give the defense a breather or keep ball out of opposing offense's hands when defense is have issues preventing other team when scoring.

There's more than one way to skin a dolphin.  We can shoot for long scoring drives utilizing mostly pass plays.  We finished fifth in time of possession last year and 11th in 2020 doing just that.  In 2018 and 2019 when we ran the ball more we finished 13th and 16th.  The only real change I want is less designed Josh Allen runs.  Give those carries to the running backs.

• Agree 3

16 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Nice! Now a Spencer Brown sighting would be good to see next.

It’s funny you say that Ethan as I worry a little that Brown’s back might be worse then earlier reported.  This is one injury we could’ve used him in OTA’s and mini camp as well as training camp.  My point is he had a good freshman season using his size and power to contribute to the line.  This off season could’ve been a chance for Kromer to help Brown really perfect his craft.  I think he is doing some off the field conditioning like Tre. 

For me having Tre, Hyde, and Poyer missing some of camp is not a big deal as they have been in the same system with the same DC since 2017.  It’s nice, but expected Saffold was coming back.  My guess is just about all of these guys will be ready by the Rams game except for Brown.  I certainly hope so as he was a pleasant surprise last year.

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Agreed Lime.  I think we will see a more dynamic offense where there will be more effective runs, a pass catching RB in Cook, possibly going from 7% 12 personnel to maybe 13-14%.  Our bread and butter will still be the stable of WRs and Josh’s arm.  This is going to keep the opposing defenses on their toes and not able to tee up on a predictable offense.  This is why there were rumblings about Daboll and McD differing in their opinions about play calling.  My guess is Daboll probably didn’t think we had the personnel to do what I wrote above, so he probably wanted to get the most out of our 3 and 4 wide sets.  On the other hand probably as a defensive genius knew a more dynamic and ball control offense makes it a lot harder to defend.

There are all WAGs on my part.  It’s just what I thought last year.  Daboll deserved his promotion, and it is a fun premise to think what Dorsey will do with a different team this year between trades, free agency, and the draft.

9 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

.I’m personally hopeful the offensive line is better at protecting Josh

I posted this in another thread that you conveniently ignored…tell me the last “bad” hit you saw Josh take in the pocket.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Pretty sure he’s been at a lot of practices just not using him in team drills yet. 

Fortunately he was in team drills yesterday. It’s unfortunate that he missed so much time because he needs the practice but the good thing is he had the surgery and McDermott says they are being cautious with easing him back in.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.