Training Camp practice 8/7

YoloinOhio

33 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I think credentialed reporters were told to not disclose as much as they have in the past.  Just my thought

14 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I don’t mind the filler stories, as long as it’s accompanied by deep football coverage. Doesn’t even have to be detailed to give away team secrets, just good reporting. You would think with the amount of dedicated Bills fans out there and the current technology that exist, we would get better breakdowns. 

I mean we can’t even get total breakdown stats of players on the field. Would be nice to see how many WR’s got targets/reception during practice. Their approx YAC. Etc etc. 

I know reporters can't discuss formations etc, not sure if receptions, targets, other stats also falls into the no reporting list.

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I know reporters can't discuss formations etc, not sure if receptions, targets, other stats also falls into the no reporting list.

It would be nice to know those kind of details. Nobody is even reporting on the reporting do’s and don’t. I dunno, I guess I just generally feel disappointed in media in general, I feel like the lack of true reporting is a lost art. 

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Cover1 and Astro are the only ones really even trying. Compared to other major teams, our camp reports leave a lot to be desired. 

Far cry from the jp losman days when it felt like an entires practice worth of highlights was shown lol

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Far cry from the jp losman days when it felt like an entires practice worth of highlights was shown lol

I understand the secrecy aspects of things. But even then, I’m not fully convinced that some undercover dude couldn’t just easily infiltrate a practice and take detailed notes for some other team. I don’t really think it matters all that much. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So everyone else gushing about Allen and the offense today and Thad still not impressed and not to his expectations still.

Has anyone ever seen Thad Brown and Nick Wright in the same place at the same time?  🤔

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Cover 1 doesn't make that mistake.

Ouch,  the burn,

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So everyone else gushing about Allen and the offense today and Thad still not impressed and not to his expectations still.

Has anyone ever seen Thad Brown and Nick Wright in the same place at the same time?  🤔

Wish people would stop posting Thad stuff.  The are definitely homer for and biases against among media.  Then there is Thad Brown.

Edited by Billsflyer12
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I understand the secrecy aspects of things. But even then, I’m not fully convinced that some undercover dude couldn’t just easily infiltrate a practice and take detailed notes for some other team. I don’t really think it matters all that much. 

You could attend practice and wear recording sunglasses and no one would ever know.

35 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Perhaps he forgets that against every other team the offense will look amazing since our defense is so good?

18 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Perhaps he forgets that against every other team the offense will look amazing since our defense is so good?

The Bills have fielded quite a few bad offenses when they had good defenses during the drought..............playing against a more talented defense than they face on Sundays has never moved the needle for those offenses though.    When an OL can't block anyone consistently..........putting them against a Von Miller only compounds the issue.   The gains are to be had in places where the difference in talent lined up across from each other is modest.    A guy like Quessenberry for instance isn't going to be sharpened by playing against Miller.........Quessenberry lined up against good pass rushers in practice in TN and then allowed the most sacks in the league in games.   

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The Bills have fielded quite a few bad offenses when they had good defenses during the drought..............playing against a more talented defense than they face on Sundays has never moved the needle for those offenses though.    When an OL can't block anyone consistently..........putting them against a Von Miller only compounds the issue.   The gains are to be had in places where the difference in talent lined up across from each other is modest.    A guy like Quessenberry for instance isn't going to be sharpened by playing against Miller.........Quessenberry lined up against good pass rushers in practice in TN and then allowed the most sacks in the league in games.   

None of those teams you mentioned had future first ballot HOFer Josh Allen playing QB.

For as bad as people want to say the OLine was last year, Allen was sacked the same amount as the year before...26 times, in one extra game.

That's a very low number. Like 1.5 per game.

People need to stop overreacting to what they see in training camp when they are intentionally moving players all over the line to cross train for flexibility and see who can play where if they need to reshuffle things during the year or have injury issues.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Logic said:

All the people saying there aren’t good camp reports this year: y’all just don’t know where to look.

Joe Buscaglia and Matt Parrino and Cover 1 are all pumping out daily camp reports and details.

I listen to the Parrino podcast every day and the locked on bills, both keep me up to date 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, TBBills said:

3rd best day but not anywhere near expected... hard to know wtf Thad is talking about anymore.

Perfect day for the offense as they won every 1v1, 7v7 and 11 on 11 drills.  McKenzie did sneeze at one point during practice so not getting my hopes up - Thad Brown

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.