Training Camp practice 8/7

YoloinOhio

22 minutes ago, Mattymafia said:

Who would have ever thought that the Bills were so good and had such a complete roster that we'd all be so into a punter battle?

I was joking with my brother - last week at camp every day my Dad was so interested in the punters "I hope they kick today"  A couple times he was hesitant to leave at the end like a disappointed kid "Maybe the kickers will still come out"  WGR and BN heavily influence his opinions so I can only assume they've fed his newfound interest in punters

Edited by stevewin
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

You know, it's almost impossible to imagine, but what if Allen is continuing to improve?  I've been amazed at the videos of throws that Allen is making.   What if he's becoming deadly accurate?  What if he's reading defenses THAT much better?

Man, I'm ready to go.   Let's see some football. 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

You know, it's almost impossible to imagine, but what if Allen is continuing to improve? 

He'll always be improving. Tom Brady has arguably been better since the age of 40 than he was at earlier points in his career. Eventually Allen will have seen every kind of defensive play call 1,000 times each. He'll have made every kind of throw from every kind of position over and over and over again. One day his body will start to break down and he won't be as good of a runner he is now, but by that point his mental game will be on another level entirely. I think it's a total myth that QBs eventually stop getting better. The ones that really work at it will keep getting better until they can't physically play the game anymore.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

You know, it's almost impossible to imagine, but what if Allen is continuing to improve?  I've been amazed at the videos of throws that Allen is making.   What if he's becoming deadly accurate?  What if he's reading defenses THAT much better?

I believe Allen will continue to improve.  I'm looking to see when he takes over a game from a mental standpoint like Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers. He's a true pro, keeps working at his game, and I believe it's just a matter of time. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Allen had a lot of room for improvement entering the playoffs last year. We saw a considerable jump in play from Allen in the playoffs. 

There is definitely another level of play he can reach in the regular season. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I said this earlier and got slammed for it. Camp updates have sucked. 

There was a lot of hype, interest and tweeting the first week or so. After that Red and Blue practice, I think everyone is ready for the next phase--preseason games.

Just now, Dablitzkrieg said:

I think credentialed reporters were told to not disclose as much as they have in the past.  Just my thought

That very well could be the case. I don’t fault them if that is true. Even then, they could at least be better with the overall play by play. Sure we will get major TD alerts or big play developments, but it still seems like they could talk a little bit more on what is going on. It’s been pretty quite. 

1 minute ago, TPS said:

There was a lot of hype, interest and tweeting the first week or so. After that Red and Blue practice, I think everyone is ready for the next phase--preseason games.

I mean I get it, practice isn’t really that exciting, but there are some of us that live and breath this stuff. I need as much filler as possible to get me through daily drives and work. I can’t even find a totally dedicated podcast with everything Bills. Sure Brown and Tasker have a good program, but you would think there would be others out there that would talk more about the Bills. Some channels exist, but most of it is basic chatter and random discos that go off in tangents. 

2 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

You must have missed the hard hitting turkey burger reports...

I don’t mind the filler stories, as long as it’s accompanied by deep football coverage. Doesn’t even have to be detailed to give away team secrets, just good reporting. You would think with the amount of dedicated Bills fans out there and the current technology that exist, we would get better breakdowns. 

I mean we can’t even get total breakdown stats of players on the field. Would be nice to see how many WR’s got targets/reception during practice. Their approx YAC. Etc etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

It’s hard when everyone looks good lol You can tell we are winding down with TC and getting ready for pre-season. 

I guess it’s hard in general. Part of me would kind of just relax and enjoy the football atmosphere and casual watching of plays develop. To do some more exotic type reporting would likely need a team of 3-5 people everyday coordinating with each other and writing down plays with binoculars. Maybe someday I will do something like that if the finances allow it. Cover1 is generally fantastic, and I’m glad they’ve been trying. I would also like to have a total Bills podcast someday and just talk updates and discussion constantly. But I get it, it takes a lot of time, resources, and money assuming you do it full time and substituting it for a regular job. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.