Kareem Hunt requests trade, but they say no

Steel City Mafia

10 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I didn't compare them. I simply pointed out that if there is any player on that roster not in a position to question the fact that Cleveland has a certain moral ambiguity when it comes to signing players it is Hunt. 

But you kind of are comparing them, I mean you are saying Hunt has no right to question Clevelands pursuit, trade, and paying of Watson because he once got signed by Cleveland after he had an incident disrupt his career.  Which I can see how on the surface that makes sense, but the two situations are totally different and not really comparable or even similar.  

Before he got to Cleveland...Hunt had already lost his job, lost his income, did all the off field work including anger and alcohol counseling, apologized and was remorseful, took responsibility etc before he got a chance with Cleveland again where he signed cheap where he has been a model citizen ever since.  And the only reason he did was because the GM in KC that drafted him was now the GM in Cleveland and knew him well enough to trust giving him a second chance.  They already had Chubb too, so they didn't need to sign him.  He was given a second chance because he did the work to earn it off the field.  Watson has done none of that.  

Watson has never cleared anything, never truly taken responsibility, and his issues were not just one single bad mistake.  He habitually sexually preyed on 24 women that we know of, and has since paid off 23 of them so he could get traded and get a massive new contract.  He hasn't even lost money, he got paid to sit by Houston (not cut like Hunt) and then got a fully guaranteed quarter of a billion dollars from Cleveland.  

Its all good bud, we can agree to disagree on this, not a big deal by any means.  But lets be honest...Watson got treated different because he is a top 5 talent at the most important position in probably all of team sports.  Hunt had to earn his second chance, Watson not only didn't have to earn it, he still hasn't even cleared all his cases and still never taken responsibility for anything, just out there cutting checks to women to make them go away.  

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

But you kind of are comparing them, I mean you are saying Hunt has no right to question Clevelands pursuit, trade, and paying of Watson because he once got signed by Cleveland after he had an incident disrupt his career.  Which I can see how on the surface that makes sense, but the two situations are totally different and not really comparable or even similar.  

Before he got to Cleveland...Hunt had already lost his job, lost his income, did all the off field work including anger and alcohol counseling, apologized and was remorseful, took responsibility etc before he got a chance with Cleveland again where he signed cheap where he has been a model citizen ever since.  And the only reason he did was because the GM in KC that drafted him was now the GM in Cleveland and knew him well enough to trust giving him a second chance.  They already had Chubb too, so they didn't need to sign him.  He was given a second chance because he did the work to earn it off the field.  Watson has done none of that.  

Watson has never cleared anything, never truly taken responsibility, and his issues were not just one single bad mistake.  He habitually sexually preyed on 24 women that we know of, and has since paid off 23 of them so he could get traded and get a massive new contract.  He hasn't even lost money, he got paid to sit by Houston (not cut like Hunt) and then got a fully guaranteed quarter of a billion dollars from Cleveland.  

Its all good bud, we can agree to disagree on this, not a big deal by any means.  But lets be honest...Watson got treated different because he is a top 5 talent at the most important position in probably all of team sports.  Hunt had to earn his second chance, Watson not only didn't have to earn it, he still hasn't even cleared all his cases and still never taken responsibility for anything, just out there cutting checks to women to make them go away.  

The two situations don't have to be comparable and they aren't for the point to stand. Cleveland's moral ambiguity on signings was his only route back into the league at that point. He can still be disgusted by the Watson situation, but he can't now play the martyr. It doesn't work like that. 

30 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The two situations don't have to be comparable and they aren't for the point to stand. Cleveland's moral ambiguity on signings was his only route back into the league at that point. He can still be disgusted by the Watson situation, but he can't now play the martyr. It doesn't work like that. 

I dont think he is playing the martyr by any means.  I think its more than fair for him to be unhappy with his current contract, the situation, or the team itself.  But to each their own, ok to agree to disagree bud :) All good

These Browns are kind of a mess huh? I've still seen some recent forecasts with them in the playoffs, I don't quite see how with all of the recent developments. Gonna be weird in Cleveland this year.

Between Cleveland and Denver's reported early struggles (Patrick out for the year, linebacker issues, gonna trust Jeudy as a real #1 even a #2?) the AFC is already shuffling around a bit. If both Denver and Cleveland fail to deliver, then like 90% of all talking heads are already incorrect. Watch out for Las Vegas, seriously.

Edited by Nelius

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.