Kareem Hunt requests trade, but they say no

Steel City Mafia

• Steel City Mafia changed the title to Kareem Hunt requests trade, but they say no
6 hours ago, Steel City Mafia said:

His best course would be to let it slip that he's not comfortable being on a team with someone who committed sexual assault and make sure the team understands how near and dear to his heart that issue is and if he doesn't get a lot more money or a trade then more of his displeasure about it will go public. 

Edited by Malazan

I would too, that team is a complete mess at all times.  Not to mention handing a serial sex offender a quarter of a billion dollars after trading away a bounty to get him as well.  

So I don’t blame anyone for wanting out that dumpster fire 

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

I would too, that team is a complete mess at all times.  Not to mention handing a serial sex offender a quarter of a billion dollars after trading away a bounty to get him as well.  

In fairness they took on Kareem Hunt after the Chiefs released him for kicking a woman on the floor. He is the least well positioned to preach the Browns on morals. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Plus not having a cool logo on the helmet is lame. 

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

In fairness they took on Kareem Hunt after the Chiefs released him for kicking a woman on the floor. He is the least well positioned to preach the Browns on morals. 

In fairness, the two situations are not even remotely comparable in terms of severity of the incident, consequences each faced, or even the morality of the mistakes.

• Hunt lost his job, immediately cut from the Chiefs.  Same Chiefs team that had no problem drafting Tyreek after he beat up his pregnant girlfriend and would later beat on that kid too and still remained with the team and highly paid.  
    • Watson kept his job and his pay check while Houston waited out being able to trade him for a bounty.
  • Hunt had to find a new job as a FA and find a team willing to give him a second chance 
    • Browns won a bidding war amongst multiple teams and traded a bounty to get Watson despite 24 women coming forward for sexual misconduct.
  • Hunt played for the min in Cleveland and had to earn his way back to decent contract
    • Browns handed a quarter of a billion dollars, all fully guaranteed for the first time in history, to a habitual sexual predator who didn't defeat the allegations and just literally paid women off to avoid further damages to his career.  

For me, their incidents on a "severity scale" are not remotely comparable.  Both are 100% unacceptable, but Hunt's situation had more to do with him putting himself in a bad situation and then reacting very poorly to it.  Lets not forget in regards to Hunt, the woman first refused to leave the hotel room and was causing problems with everyone in the room, then refused to leave the hallway, and then shouted racial slurs to escalate the incident and provoke the poor response from Hunt.  DOES NOT excuse Hunts choices from that point on, but there is a BIG difference in being provoked into making a bad decision and Watson's premeditated decision to habitually sexually prey on 24 women we know of.  

Furthermore, Hunt has owned up to his mistake, paid the price for it, apologized for it, showed remorse, and been a model citizen both before it (as far as we know) and after it.  All evidence indicates it was an isolated incident and mistake he grew from.  He has earned his way back to this point on and off the field.  Meanwhile Watson has not done the same and instead just paying women off while saying he is innocent to avoid risking further damage to his career.  

So for me, its not fair to compare to the two people as men, their morals, or their handling of their mistakes.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So for me, its not fair to compare to the two people as men, their morals, or their handling of their mistakes.  

I didn't compare them. I simply pointed out that if there is any player on that roster not in a position to question the fact that Cleveland has a certain moral ambiguity when it comes to signing players it is Hunt. 

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.