Reggie Gilliam signs 2 yr, up to 5.2 mil extension

Dablitzkrieg

Anyone remember which play it was last season where he ran faster than whomever he was blocking for (down the right sideline)? His mph were up around 20/21, which is Derrick Henry territory as a 240 lb human being. He might have had the highest mph on the team that day (one of the stats they display prominently at the stadium).

16 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It's stuff like this that makes Fullback a hill I will die on. 

People like to talk about how the FB is obsolete, but the game still has moments when you need a yard, and everyone in the build knows you need a yard. The fact that Gilliam can do that, and also have value as a pass blocker and a TE means I have no problem for paying a little over the vet minimum on the guy for another two years. It's not like we are dropping big money here.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

It's stuff like this that makes Fullback a hill I will die on. 

People like to talk about how the FB is obsolete, but the game still has moments when you need a yard, and everyone in the build knows you need a yard. The fact that Gilliam can do that, and also have value as a pass blocker and a TE means I have no problem for paying a little over the vet minimum on the guy for another two years. It's not like we are dropping big money here.

AND he’s a core special teamer.  AND he can play TE.  AND he plays with a chip on his shoulder.

Totally smh at anyone who is critical of this extension or feels like it is a sign the Bills want to go “conservative” on offense.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/8/2022 at 7:27 AM, eball said:

AND he’s a core special teamer.  AND he can play TE.  AND he plays with a chip on his shoulder.

Totally smh at anyone who is critical of this extension or feels like it is a sign the Bills want to go “conservative” on offense.

To be a fullback in the NFL it feels like you almost have to be a core teamer.  He blocked a bunch of kicks in college, so id love to see him get a few here. 

• Agree 1

On 8/7/2022 at 8:40 PM, Allen2Diggs said:

Line up in offset I-formation with Gilliam to the left

Singletary gets the handoff and starts running right

He flicks it back to Gilliam, who nobody bothered to account for

Gilliam has plenty of time to throw and hits Josh Allen on a wheel route down the left sideline for a TD

If he does that will you change your login to Gilliam2Allen?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.