Kareem Hunt sitting out Cleveland Browns team drills looking for new contract "asked for trade' DENIED!"

TBBills

7 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Per the nfl….. you can rape women, just don’t hit them. 🤦‍♂️ 🙄 

the NFL gives harsher sentences for under inflating a football then raping someone.  The NFL's asinine weed policy the past decade ha e cost them lots of talent-Blackmon, Ricky Williams, Josh Gordon, etc

To recap-the NFL goes hard at underinflated footballs and weed, but is tolerant of rape

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Per the nfl….. you can rape women, just don’t hit them. 🤦‍♂️ 🙄 

Its basically all about having a video.  If any of the women videoed him behaving this way (and I am incline to belief that most of them are telling the truth) he would be suspended for life.

Edited by Billy Claude
  • Agree 3

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

Oh….. yeah.  He kicked her in the back?

This isn’t just a response to you, but to everyone who clearly don’t have their facts straight and have a false narrative of what happened.  I recommend getting caught back up on the case, cuz you and others have a skewed view of what went down.

1.  Hey had been trying to get her to leave, but she refused to leave their hotel room and was causing problems with everyone in the room prior to the hallway incident, including the other women there.  Then refused to leave in the hallway too.

2.  She called them the N word.

3.  She initiated the physical altercation and struck one of his entourage first.

4.  While what he did was still out of line, Hunt was being provoked and harassed the entire time by a woman looking to instigate something.  She continuously tried to escalate the situation when they were all telling her to leave.  

5.  He didn’t hit her, he basically gave her a pretty meaningless kick in the butt once she was on the ground.  I say meaningless in terms of level of physical damage or harm.  I mean on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being Ray Rice, the “kick” was like a 1 at most in terms of physical harm. 

Hunt made a mistake and paid his dues for putting himself in that bad position and has had a squeaky clean record before that and ever since. He got himself into a bad position and made a poor judgement call and he cost himself millions in the process as he certainly would have made more thus far in his career if not for the incident.  

But it’s totally unnecessary to keep dragging him over the coals for it.  And definitely even less necessary to over exaggerate what really happened and try and paint a different picture contrary to the facts to make him into a monster, which all evidence about him as a person outside this incident suggests this was an outlier and not regular behavior.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

55 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This isn’t just a response to you, but to everyone who clearly don’t have their facts straight and have a false narrative of what happened.  I recommend getting caught back up on the case, cuz you and others have a skewed view of what went down.

1.  Hey had been trying to get her to leave, but she refused to leave their hotel room and was causing problems with everyone in the room prior to the hallway incident, including the other women there.  Then refused to leave in the hallway too.

3.  She initiated the physical altercation and struck one of his entourage first.

4.  While what he did was still out of line, Hunt was being provoked and harassed the entire time by a woman looking to instigate something.  She continuously tried to escalate the situation when they were all telling her to leave.  

5.  He didn’t hit her, he basically gave her a pretty meaningless kick in the butt once she was on the ground.  I say meaningless in terms of level of physical damage or harm.  I mean on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being Ray Rice, the “kick” was like a 1 at most in terms of physical harm. 

Hunt made a mistake and paid his dues for putting himself in that bad position and has had a squeaky clean record before that and ever since. He got himself into a bad position and made a poor judgement call and he cost himself millions in the process as he certainly would have made more thus far in his career if not for the incident.  

But it’s totally unnecessary to keep dragging him over the coals for it.  And definitely even less necessary to over exaggerate what really happened and try and paint a different picture contrary to the facts to make him into a monster, which all evidence about him as a person outside this incident suggests this was an outlier and not regular behavior.  

It seems you may have forgotten some of what had happened as well.  

No mention of him shoving a female two times prior to kicking her in the butt?  He put his hands on her (or a different female twice).  One hard shove, she hadn’t touched him.  He then shoved his friend and then shoved her again in the shoulder/neck/head area.  Neither shove were a 1 on a 1-10.

he put hands on a female twice and kick a female once.  I agree, the kick was a 1 or 2 on a 1-10 scale.  

I’ve had several instances in my lifetime where I was drunk and got into altercations with females.  Never have I ever laid hands on one of them like he did.  

https://www.tmz.com/watch/0-exjrtvg5/

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, NewEra said:

It seems you may have forgotten some of what had happened as well.  

No mention of him shoving a female two times prior to kicking her in the butt?  He put his hands on her (or a different female twice).  One hard shove, she hadn’t touched him.  He then shoved his friend and then shoved her again in the shoulder/neck/head area.  Neither shove were a 1 on a 1-10.

he put hands on a female twice and kick a female once.  I agree, the kick was a 1 or 2 on a 1-10 scale.  

I’ve had several instances in my lifetime where I was drunk and got into altercations with females.  Never have I ever laid hands on one of them like he did.  

https://www.tmz.com/watch/0-exjrtvg5/

I don’t disagree it was out of line and mistake.  But end of the day, she was the one refusing to leave, she was the one instigating from the start, and she was the one who escalated the situation.  So I don’t think this is a fair representation of his character.  He was younger, in a bad situation, and reacted poorly.  

All signs point to he learned from his mistake and has no prior history of this either.  

Does not excuse him by any means, but he’s already paid for this incident and has not been a second time offender.  All reports on him in college, in KC prior to this, and in Cleveland since are that he’s been trouble free.  What’s the point of owning up to your mistakes and changing your behavior if people are just not gonna let it go?  And in terms of NFL incidents, this was pretty mild.

And sorry, the physicality on this is nothing compared to other players in the NFL incidents, including his former teammate Tyreek Hill who has practically had zero consequence for his actions that included beating the hell out of his pregnant girlfriend in college and then later violence against that very kid.  

• Agree 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

I don’t disagree it was out of line and mistake.  But end of the day, she was the one refusing to leave, she was the one instigating from the start, and she was the one who escalated the situation.  So I don’t think this is a fair representation of his character.  He was younger, in a bad situation, and reacted poorly.  

All signs point to he learned from his mistake and has no prior history of this either.  

Does not excuse him by any means, but he’s already paid for this incident and has not been a second time offender.  All reports on him in college, in KC prior to this, and in Cleveland since are that he’s been trouble free.  What’s the point of owning up to your mistakes and changing your behavior if people are just not gonna let it go?  And in terms of NFL incidents, this was pretty mild.

And sorry, the physicality on this is nothing compared to other players in the NFL incidents, including his former teammate Tyreek Hill who has practically had zero consequence for his actions that included beating the hell out of his pregnant girlfriend in college and then later violence against that very kid.  

Girl doesn’t leave, she gets loud and calls him terrible names = lay hands on her twice, get violent with your friends and then kick her while she’s on the ground.  He made a terrible choice.  I don’t think he should be banned from the nfl….. I think he should be humble and continue to work on himself.  The guy was given a 2 year deal worth 6.5M a year as a RB….in a league where RBs don’t carry much value.  Then he missed half the season with injuries that were supposed to keep him out 4 weeks or so. Leonard Fournette won a SB and got paid 4m last year.  Then got 3-21 a year later.  Does hunt deserve more than 6.5M?  Why does he have to get paid now? In the midst of all this turmoil in the franchise?  Humble? No.  Poor choice imo.

agree to disagree 

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, we all get the "it was a mistake" part, but just repeating that doesn't make it any less of an issue (nor does "he was young").

The way you plotted out the details while omitting the parts where he already placed his hands on a female, TWICE, shows you also weren't interested in giving the complete picture when presenting the facts. That's a big problem with many people... who have never laid their hands on a woman even ONCE in an aggressive manner.

To me, that shows you recognized "eh, these details make him looks far more culpable in bad behavior than I want to acknowledge," so you intentionally left them out. Funny thing is I agree with you overall point of him serving his punishment & moving on, but you weaken your argument when you aren't willing to confront the WHOLE story.

Edited by BigDingus

24 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Girl doesn’t leave, she gets loud and calls him terrible names = lay hands on her twice, get violent with your friends and then kick her while she’s on the ground.  He made a terrible choice.  I don’t think he should be banned from the nfl….. I think he should be humble and continue to work on himself.  The guy was given a 2 year deal worth 6.5M a year as a RB….in a league where RBs don’t carry much value.  Then he missed half the season with injuries that were supposed to keep him out 4 weeks or so. Leonard Fournette won a SB and got paid 4m last year.  Then got 3-21 a year later.  Does hunt deserve more than 6.5M?  Why does he have to get paid now? In the midst of all this turmoil in the franchise?  Humble? No.  Poor choice imo.

agree to disagree 

Is he just trying to get paid, or does he want contract security in case the Browns end up making more poor cap choices? With Watson potentially suspended Hunt has more leverage now than he’ll have later….. especially after Watson starts playing and Hunts numbers drop. 

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Is he just trying to get paid, or does he want contract security in case the Browns end up making more poor cap choices? With Watson potentially suspended Hunt has more leverage now than he’ll have later….. especially after Watson starts playing and Hunts numbers drop. 

Good question.  Not sure if he wants big bucks or just an extension.  

imo, he has no leverage.  They have a stud starter that they paid big bucks to.  They have a capable RB3 in johnson and, imo, a one of the better RB4s in the league.  One that could be a solid rb2 in rookie Jerome Ford.  I’d tell him to gfh.  Stay healthy and show that he deserves the next contract.  Now that they have Watson for 23 and forward, there’s no need to pay 2 RBs.  I’d trade him or let him sit out.  No chance I’d pay him.  

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

agree to disagree 

All good, we don’t have to agree on everything :)

I think he has continued to be humble and worked on himself.  And at some point he has the same rights to do what’s best for him too from a business point of view.  RB life spans are not that long, so he shouldn’t be frowned upon for trying to do what’s best for his career at this point.  He’s already done everything right since the incident.  

And quite honestly if I was him, I would be furious that Watson was on the team,  traded a bounty to get him, only got 6 game suspension, and was handed a quarter of a billion dollars despite a massive pattern of sexual misconduct that has already reached 24 women…23 of which he paid money to already. 

For all we know, his contract and trade demands could be for more reasons than just “more money”.  He may just want out of Cleveland after what’s transpired this past year, and I wouldn’t blame him or anyone for that matter.

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

Yeah, we all get the "it was a mistake" part, but just repeating that doesn't make it any less of an issue (nor does "he was young").

The way you plotted out the details while omitting the parts where he already placed his hands on a female, TWICE, shows you also weren't interested in giving the complete picture when presenting the facts. That's a big problem with many people... who have never laid their hands on a woman even ONCE in an aggressive manner.

To me, that shows you recognized "eh, these details make him looks far more culpable in bad behavior than I want to acknowledge," so you intentionally left them out. Funny thing is I agree with you overall point of him serving his punishment & moving on, but you weaken your argument when you aren't willing to confront the WHOLE story.

I hear where you are coming from, but what you missed is that I was including the whole story.  There was a lot that happened before the hallway, and that’s what is everyone is leaving out.  People here keep discussing only a portion of what happened, which was just the physical part and not what happened prior to that and what happened after the hallway.  So I would counter actually everyone else is not discussing the whole story and only focused on just where the physical altercation occurred.

Again, not excusing his mistake, he made a bad decision after finding himself in a poor situation.  But my main point was that mistake has been punished, he’s served that punishment, he lost his job and a lot of earning potential, he apologized and was remorseful, and been a model citizen since.  So nothing about this incident suggests it’s a true definition of his character, and seems more like an isolated regretful mistake he learned from.

And just so it’s clear, I’m hugely against men ever touching a woman unless someone’s life or safety is in direct danger.  But at the same time, women don’t get to just not accept any responsibility for their actions either.  And there is a lot of context here that’s being over looked in what caused the poor reaction from Hunt.  And while that does NOT excuse or validate his poor choices, it does provide context that is necessary when trying to see if this is a pattern of who he really is or an isolated incident.  And everything that happened, his history, and track record since all point to this being an isolated bad decision he’s grown from and not a pattern of this kind behavior.   

Not to rehash old news, but I don't think most people have really watched the video very closely.

The only part of the incident that led to any type of harm or injury, was when the woman got knocked to the ground. And that part of things was kind of an accidental Murphy's Law moment. The woman pushes one of Kareem's entourage at the exact same time that Kareem is trying to pull away from other friends. And with the momentum of Kareem pulling away, and the other guy getting pushed by the woman towards Kareem, they crash (back to back) into each other. The other guy (having been pushed) is already off balance...and the force of Kareem pulling away was much stronger than the woman's push, so the force of the crash threw the guy back into the woman, knocking her down hard.

To me, that part of it was an accident. Kareem wasn't behind his friend facing the woman and threw her to the ground. You can see in the video the two men crash back to back. At that moment, Kareem isn't trying to throw the woman to the ground, he is trying to pull away from his friends. It's just the stupid ***** that happens when people are drunk and angry (on both sides).

I believe that if that accidental moment didn't occur, this incident never would have been reported and Kareem wouldn't have seen any suspensions or fines. Because the entire rest of the incident entailed him pushing her in the shoulder once (that made her step back a couple of steps) and then the so called "kick" at the end. But when someone says "kick" we all think of a wind up, hard kick. It was a really stupid thing for Kareem to do at that point, but it was an extremely light kick in the rear. He didn't curb stomp her head as some make it out to be.

I'm not saying Kareem is blameless in this situation, no question he let his emotions get the best of him and was acting aggressively, but I do think it got blown way out of proportion because of the political climate at that time. I think people reacted to two things really. How harsh it looked when she got knocked over (which again, to me was an accident and as much her fault as Kareem's for her own behavior---not leaving and pushing the other guy). And two, because of how aggressively Kareem moved towards her a couple of times, even though he didn't actually get near her in those moments. And see the next paragraph on why I think he got so aggressive.

Absolutely, he shouldn't have pushed her (the shoulder shove early in the video)...it wasn't much [I mean, he could have thrown her to the ground right there if he wanted to hurt her...an NFL player against a drunk girl), but you still don't put hands on someone else for any reason...no questions. And no doubt that did escalate things. But if the woman walked away right then (or before), this would have been much ado about nothing---of course, Kareem should have just walked away as well]. But speaking of being physical, why does the woman get a pass. Not only did she push the other guy twice (leading to her getting knocked over later in the video), but if you watch the video closely, after Kareem shoves her in the shoulder (basically to say get out of here, not to hurt her), what people are calling the second shove is actually the woman punching Hunt square in the nose, which makes him put up his arms and push her away to defend himself. You can see him putting his hand to his nose twice shortly after the punch. And that was when he became really angry and aggressive. Of course a man should never lay hands on a woman. Ever. Period. But why do we seem to be ok with women putting their hands on someone. Just because they generally can't do as much damage/harm as a man, doesn't give them the right to hit someone else either. And again, why didn't she walk away at that moment. She punched him in the face and his friends had dragged him around the corner, down the hall. She had the best of the situation at that moment. Walk away. But instead she heads back aggressively towards Kareem and then starts pushing the other guy. Why? Because she knows the men can't hit her, so she can continue to be aggressive (and hit) without repercussions (well, she thought anyway).

Again, I agree that Hunt never should have shoved her at the beginning. It was wrong and just made things worse. Each party should have just walked away from the situation. But the world acted as if he straight up beat this woman up. He got the worst of things, until she got knocked down at the end (a punch to the face versus a shove...but again bad on him for being the initiator of making things physical).

Honestly, I'm not trying to defend or excuse bad behavior, just trying to take a realistic, unemotional view of the situation. Again, because of the time it happened (the political climate) and people not watching the video closely, his actions seemed much worse than they were. Bad situation overall where both parties were to blame, but as others have said, it makes no sense that he got worse punishment from the NFL (and the public) for this situation than so many other players have or haven't got, who have done so much worse. And to me, this was a moment of bad judgement. But it wasn't so bad that the man should have to pay for it the rest of his life.

He never even hit her. He shoved her once and then gave her the light kick in the bum at the end. Wrong. Yes. Stupid. Yes. Unforgivable. No.

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This is such a limited part of the story.  She was in the hotel room and they were all involved because some other stuff was going down.  They had been drinking heavily and got a group of young girls up to the hotel room and then things started going wrong when she did not cooperate.

She acted badly, but Hunt was a total arsehole and not only shoved her once - the shove he gave to his friend that then immediately knocked her sideways was nasty.  In addition he kicked her maybe not hard, but there was no reason for it.  

The entire situation could of been handled by hotel security, but there would have been many questions about what was going on.

It is a big part of his history and will always be a part of his character.  It was bad enough that a team with multiple players with violence against women and children cut him and it allowed a scummier team to sign him. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

• TBBills changed the title to Kareem Hunt sitting out Cleveland Browns team drills looking for new contract "asked for trade' DENIED!"
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.