Fantasy Football Commissioners

Big Blitz

13 hours ago, nucci said:

I use paypal venmo zelle.....Thanks for posting. Though how do they know it's for fantasy sports? I use paypal a lot to send and receive money

That’s my question too. I prefer Zelle because don’t trust Venmo (and hate that Venmo transactions are public) but will tell everyone to leave the memo blank when sending the $.

15 hours ago, nucci said:

I use paypal venmo zelle.....Thanks for posting. Though how do they know it's for fantasy sports? I use paypal a lot to send and receive money

This time of year they're on the lookout for 8-12 similar-value payments from different people all within a short time frame. And if one of them puts anything related to fantasy or football in the description then it's another red flag. Payouts are easier to disguise.

I got flagged for this a decade ago on PayPal (who own Venmo) for a March Madness pool. They saw all the buy-ins, froze the funds and then warned me about using their platform for gambling. I had the ability to proceed anyway as long as I denied the allegation, because they believe they've taken care of their gambling liability via the warning.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s my question too. I prefer Zelle because don’t trust Venmo (and hate that Venmo transactions are public) but will tell everyone to leave the memo blank when sending the $.

All my Venmo transactions are set to private as the default, so I don't show up on anyone's feed. Trust is another thing, though.

Edited by galept
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just so you are aware, You can set Venmo transactions to be private. 

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I didn’t know you could do that as I rarely use it, only when it’s my only option. I’ll do that from now on. 

Yup. When you go to pay (at least on the iOS app), there’s a little link that says public right above the pay button. If you click on that, you can select who can view: public, friends (yours and the recipients’), or private (just you and the recipient). 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.