Best value picks in Bills history?

23 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

You mean Andre Reed in the 4th. What I don’t understand (because I was too young to have any interest in football at the time) is that if the Bills were looking for WR help, why didn’t they pick Jerry Rice at #14 instead of CB Derrick Burroughs? I’ve never even heard of that guy. Granted if they picked Rice they probably wouldn’t have selected Andre Reed later, but I think most, if not all, would make that trade in a heartbeat.

Because they needed corner help too.  

Burroughs had a serious neck injury that ended his career on MNF vs the Oilers.  He lowered his head while tackling and was paralyzed for 24 hours   He wasn’t living up to being drafted 14th but was a decent starter.  Sadly, the Bills haven’t reached out to Burroughs since the injury and he has become somewhat of an outcast within the organization.  After his injury, the team refused to pay his medical bills.  After a lengthy lawsuit, Burroughs sued the Bills and won.  I wish he was invited back.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.