Bryant Young HOF Speech: 11 minutes of tremendous emotion

JoeF

For anyone, like me, who has lost a child its must see TV. The part about Colby starts at the 7 minute mark.  It rivals Jim Kelly's tribute to Hunter upon his induction.

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Was watching as we’re celebrating a moment for the family, and happen to see that it was on. Was watching and could see the emotions and calmness he was speaking with! Watched the link above and confirmed that it was indeed a special moment! Well done and much respect and admiration to him and his family!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JoeF said:

For anyone, like me, who has lost a child its must see TV. The part about Colby starts at the 7 minute mark.  It rivals Jim Kelly's tribute to Hunter upon his induction.

I have to save this for later. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Yeah, that went about the way I expected…….

I’m glad I waited until I was alone. That is a club nobody should ever belong to. As someone once said to me, our lives will always be defined by before, and after. Life goes on, but nothing is the same after you bury your child. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yeah, that went about the way I expected…….

I’m glad I waited until I was alone. That is a club nobody should ever belong to. As someone once said to me, our lives will always be defined by before, and after. Life goes on, but nothing is the same after you bury your child. 

Much love my friend....

3 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Much love my friend....

On a related note, our grandson is here today. It’s such a joy to have him, and part of our son, spending time with us. He’s only 8…..and still adorable. 

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks JoeF for posting this and I am truly sorry for you, your wife and your family’s loss, it breaks my heart. I was going to post about the HOF inductees’ and their speeches but you spared me. I’m relieved to not have to make a post about this, I didn’t want to get bashed for making a post so you saved me. 

I’m about as big of a Bills’ fan as anyone else but these HOF inductions and their speeches cuts deep for me. It’s not about their accomplishments that touches me, it’s what it took for them to get their and I am never disappointed watching and listening to their speeches. 

This is my first opportunity to address this. I just got home from my youngest son/child’s (he’s 31 years old) graduation from a Christian based rehab facility, for him it was a 10 month stay on campus program. Back in 2010, it’s the same son who survived a stabbing to his heart. I’m not comparing my situation to yours but for several hours there there really wasn’t any hope, so I think I might have a better understanding than the norm of your pain. God’s mercy prevailed and I am forever grateful, my son made a full recovery. You see family means everything to me, it’s by far the best and maybe the only thing that I really did good in my life.

I love football and the Bills by far and away but now that I’m in my “golden years” I have come to realize that I love people more, they’re irreplaceable. God bless you and your family.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

Thanks JoeF for posting this and I am truly sorry for you, your wife and your family’s loss, it breaks my heart. I was going to post about the HOF inductees’ and their speeches but you spared me. I’m relieved to not have to make a post about this, I didn’t want to get bashed for making a post so you saved me. 

I’m about as big of a Bills’ fan as anyone else but these HOF inductions and their speeches cuts deep for me. It’s not about their accomplishments that touches me, it’s what it took for them to get their and I am never disappointed watching and listening to their speeches. 

This is my first opportunity to address this. I just got home from my youngest son/child’s (he’s 31 years old) graduation from a Christian based rehab facility, for him it was a 10 month stay on campus program. Back in 2010, it’s the same son who survived a stabbing to his heart. I’m not comparing my situation to yours but for several hours there there really wasn’t any hope, so I think I might have a better understanding than the norm of your pain. God’s mercy prevailed and I am forever grateful, my son made a full recovery. You see family means everything to me, it’s by far the best and maybe the only thing that I really did good in my life.

I love football and the Bills by far and away but now that I’m in my “golden years” I have come to realize that I love people more, they’re irreplaceable. God bless you and your family.

Thanks, Tipster.   God bless you and your family, particularly your son.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.