Darius Slayton

cdubya

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Which Bills slot receiver that also returns kicks and punts would Beane say doesn't have "some versatility".............he said he was a slot receiver and in the same breath that they were heavy in the slot and were still looking for help outside.

@Big Turk claimed that the Bills felt otherwise than what Beane said.

At least that's what the quote says.

So I ask again........are you claiming the quote is fake?  

Am I saying you were wrong? Um, yeah. The reason I say that is because you were wrong.

But again, I give you a chance to prove me wrong about that. Here's what you said:

On 8/7/2022 at 3:17 AM, BADOLBILZ said:

Where and when did Brandon Beane say this?

Just last week Brandon Beane said Shakir was a slot receiver and that they were thin outside and looking.

If you can find a link to anywhere where "Brandon Beane said Shakir was a slot receiver," you'll have proved me wrong.

He didn't say that. Due to your confirmation bias, that's what you heard, obviously. What he actually said was, "I think position 1 for him is probably right now slot as well, but he can play outside, he's got some versatility." 

Those are his words. 

If you had said something along the lines of, "'Beane said he thinks position 1 for Shakir is probably slot but that he can play outside,' but due to my pre-existing biases I take that to mean that Beane said Shakir was a slot" ... I'd have had no argument. But again, you didn't say that. You didn't even say something like, "I think Beane means that Shakir's a slot." 

Again, you said, "Beane said Shakir was a slot receiver." And Beane didn't say that. He said, "I think position 1 for him is probably right now slot as well, but he can play outside, he's got some versatility." Those are his words.

To repeat, if you find somewhere where Beane said that Shakir was a slot, I'll be glad to admit that you were correct. 

Edited by Thurman#1

On 8/9/2022 at 5:50 AM, BADOLBILZ said:

Which Bills slot receiver that also returns kicks and punts would Beane say doesn't have "some versatility".............he said he was a slot receiver and in the same breath that they were heavy in the slot and were still looking for help outside.

@Big Turk claimed that the Bills felt otherwise than what Beane said.

At least that's what the quote says.

No. Big Turk didn't say that Shakir would only be used outside. So you're wrong there too.

He said "Shakir is going to be fine there." I'm not sure I agree with that, frankly. But there's no reason to think that he meant they were going to use Shakir primarily outside. He could easily have meant that if there's an injury he thought that the Bills thought that Shakir could back up our outside guys well enough.

You replied - WRONGLY - ""Brandon Beane said Shakir was a slot receiver."  Since I've asked three or four times for a link elsewhere to him saying that and you have replied with crickets, you're obviously referring to what he said to Howard and Jeremy.

And it's very obvious that he never said that. Just the opposite, as part of the quote is that "[Shakir] can play outside, he's got some versatility."

On 8/9/2022 at 5:50 AM, BADOLBILZ said:

So I ask again........are you claiming the quote is fake?  

Yeah. You're wrong. He never said that.

Edited by Thurman#1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.