Darius Slayton

cdubya

Just now, Big Turk said:

Diggs was a 5th round pick. Clueless.

So your point is that Shakir is going to be the next Diggs?

I’ll take that bet lmao

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Many mid round WRs develop into starters. 

Many of them do not. 

Fifth round is day 3. Not mid round.

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I’ll take that bet lmao

Many of them do not. 

Well you’re not spending 1st-2nd round on depth. 3,4,5 is middle rounds to me.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I’ll take that bet lmao

Many of them do not. 

Do you consider a 2nd rd pick to be mid round?  By your comment you consider rd 2 and 3 picks mid round. I agree about rd 3.  Not round 2.  

I consider a mid round pick any pick not in the first 2 rounds or the last 2 rounds.  The middle rounds of the draft….. not the middle day….. the middle rounds 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Reminds me of the drought days when people thought those late round/undrafted picks would develop into solid starters and then go into list the very few that actually did.😅

By all accounts Shakir looks good in camp, but people are getting way ahead of themselves, I think the expectation should be solid contributor considering he’s got Allen throwing him the ball…. but a Diggs like career is asking A LOT of the guy and setting expectations way too high IMO. 

Dane Jackson, Taron Johnson, Matt Milano, Gabe Davis, Siran Neal, Jaquan Johnson, Cam Lewis, Levi Wallace(UDFA), Wyatt Teller(in CLE), Ray Ray McCloud(in PIT)

They have a plethora of players that have developed into very solid players if not starters.

I am sure I am forgetting some.

Edited by Big Turk

1 hour ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Darius Slayton is an enigma like Robert Foster.

Were either of them ever any good or did they just have production because there weren't any better options in the passing game?

Foster had an attitude problem thinking he was able to walk on Alabama and thought same for Bills. 

LeSean McCoy kicked his butt and then took him under his wing and he performed for half a season.

That was not an illusion but next year he had same issue but McCoy was released during final roster cuts of August 2019.

Slayton would probably love going to Buffalo in a contract year with a QB who has made WRs look better.

I could see Giants GM trading him to an old friend for future pick but who is going to kick Slayton's butt on current Bills roster?

6 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Foster had an attitude problem thinking he was able to walk on Alabama and thought same for Bills. 

LeSean McCoy kicked his butt and then took him under his wing and he performed for half a season.

That was not an illusion but next year he had same issue but McCoy was released during final roster cuts of August 2019.

Slayton would probably love going to Buffalo in a contract year with a QB who has made WRs look better.

I could see Giants GM trading him to an old friend for future pick but who is going to kick Slayton's butt on current Bills roster?

I've heard Josh Allen starts fights. 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

Who does Slayton kick off the team? The Bills are fine at WR. If god forbid Diggs or Davis go down for the season we can push to sign OBJ when he's healthy or bring Sanders back. It's crazy to think some other team's castoff is going to replace the production of our top 2 WRs.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Can’t disagree with you on some of those CBs and Milano… I think that is a tribute to the defensive system they play in, specifically for the CBS…. That being said, what exactly have Neal, Johnson, and Can Lewis done? Ray Ray McCloud? He’s a scrub.… Davis I think is going to have a break out year but isn’t there yet, but again, I think expectations for Shakir to develop into a top receiver in the league are way too high given the round he was selected and his draft pedigree.

Neal is a core ST player and has a role in the Big Nickel packages and as a CB when needed and has filled in very nicely. Johnson same thing on ST, since our safeties never come off the field he hasn't gotten much of a chance on D. Lewis, I believe started a game for us last year and played well. The point is, none of these players look out of place or that the moment is too big for them when they get their chance they just go in and perform at a high level usually. That's good coaching and a scheme that allows players to slide in and not be overwhelmed, and obviously the players working hard and studying hard to make sure they perform at the level expected.

McCloud is the Steelers punt returner and plays on offense as well at times as the 4th WR I believe.

I don't expect Shakir to develop into a starting WR but he certainly has the potential to and many were shocked he was still on the board as he had a 2nd or 3rd round grade on many boards

50 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Who does Slayton kick off the team? The Bills are fine at WR. If god forbid Diggs or Davis go down for the season we can push to sign OBJ when he's healthy or bring Sanders back. It's crazy to think some other team's castoff is going to replace the production of our top 2 WRs.

I doubt he would displace Austin who by all accounts has performed very well at camp.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.