Darius Slayton

cdubya

Reports have Slayton playing third team snaps in camp and it seems he’s on the outs in New York. He’d be a great fit for what we need here. We’re obviously lacking at outside WR, he’s a proven deep threat, and he’s shown he can produce in this league even with a bad QB throwing to him.  I’m not paying much (or ideally anything) but I think he’s at least worth a long look. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 3
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 6

4 minutes ago, cdubya said:

Reports have Slayton playing third team snaps in camp and it seems he’s on the outs in New York. He’d be a great fit for what we need here. We’re obviously lacking at outside WR, he’s a proven deep threat, and he’s shown he can produce in this league even with a bad QB throwing to him.  I’m not paying much (or ideally anything) but I think he’s at least worth a long look. 

You think that but the Bills don't. They feel Shakir is going to be fine there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, cdubya said:

I don't see Beane wanting to add another WR to the room as of now.  There is a lot of other WR needy teams who may give him a look.

He probably is on 3rd team due to his drops and bad catch percentage.  I don't think Daboll likes that at all.

13 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

You think that but the Bills don't. They feel Shakir is going to be fine there.

Where and when did Brandon Beane say this?

Just last week Brandon Beane said Shakir was a slot receiver and that they were thin outside and looking.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, cdubya said:

We already have more WR's than we know what to do with.

21 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Darius Slayton is an enigma like Robert Foster.

Were either of them ever any good or did they just have production because there weren't any better options in the passing game?

image.jpeg.e12c2229cb8db9ceab01f4face23d353.jpeg
"Robert Foster an enigma?!  Any good?!  Suh, I will have you know he was a graduate of the University of Alabama, and any more talk like that will see you severely dealt with!!"

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I don't see him being more than our 8th option in our WR corp, or in other words practice squad. If he is cut and wants to come for PS money than I. Good with it but not a trade for anything.

Yeah his cap # is too high to come be a 5th/6th WR for us. Would have to wait for him to be cut and signed at the minimum.

I think this preseason is a big one for Kumerow.

1 hour ago, cdubya said:

I thought we already had too many good receivers?

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Nothing says “WR of the future” than a fifth round pick.

Where do you people get this stuff?

Out top two reciever are 5th and 4th round picks along with Knox who took a few years to become good. Shakir has to grow but has a ton of talent and could be top 10 reciever in league in a few years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.