For those who want the red helmet back… (Josh trolls everyone)

YoloinOhio

I wasn't sold on red helmets, but I like the look with the red jersey and white pants. And I like the blue+only striping. It updates that helmet nicely.

55 minutes ago, The Red King said:

OMG people.  Read the comments and stop complaining about the stripes.  Allen just took a decal set meant for the white helmet and slapped it on a red helmet instead.  That's why there are no white stripes.

He mocked up a red helmet.  Nothing more, nothing less.  This isn't a prototype or sneak peek.  It was something he kitbashed together.

...to troll us.

On 8/6/2022 at 6:41 AM, LeGOATski said:

The NFL doesn't need to change anything. All the Bills had to do was make the 90s uni an alternate uniform. That's all the people want.

The Bills want to keep the AFL era unis as the alternate. Not sure if there is a rule limiting the number of alternates they have.

I'd much rather have an AFL era and 90s era alternate uniforms and get rid of the color rush stuff.

I am just going off of the Sal tweet from early in the thread that said the alternate helmet color can only be used by either color rush/alternate or throwback unis.

I want the current uniform with the red helmet. TBH I want us to have our own identity with the red helmet and not dressing up as the 90s.

"Spoke to Bills COO Ron Raccuia who told me the red helmet Josh Allen wore won’t be a helmet they wear in 2022 because the league only allows an alternate helmet with either:
1. Throwback unis
2. Color rush/alternate unis

Bills can’t wear red helmet with the throwbacks because the throwbacks use the standing buffalo while the red Josh had on is the charging buffalo. No match

Their color rush unis are all red. Can’t use it with those because all red head/toe is not their preferred look.

So the Bills will either wait until the NFL changes policy and allows an alternate helmet with regular home/away uniforms, or wait to unveil a new alternate uniform themselves."

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

"...or wait to unveil a new alternate uniform themselves."

Exactly. Not sure why they didn't just make a 90s alternate.

Personally, I'm of the unpopular opinion that they should redesign the logo entirely. While iconic and special for us, the two Bills logos are objectively bad; poorly designed.

• Disagree 1

11 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

I am just going off of the Sal tweet from early in the thread that said the alternate helmet color can only be used by either color rush/alternate or throwback unis.

I want the current uniform with the red helmet. TBH I want us to have our own identity with the red helmet and not dressing up as the 90s.

"Spoke to Bills COO Ron Raccuia who told me the red helmet Josh Allen wore won’t be a helmet they wear in 2022 because the league only allows an alternate helmet with either:
1. Throwback unis
2. Color rush/alternate unis

Bills can’t wear red helmet with the throwbacks because the throwbacks use the standing buffalo while the red Josh had on is the charging buffalo. No match

Their color rush unis are all red. Can’t use it with those because all red head/toe is not their preferred look.

So the Bills will either wait until the NFL changes policy and allows an alternate helmet with regular home/away uniforms, or wait to unveil a new alternate uniform themselves."

which completely contradicts all the teams who just rolled out alternate helmets they will wear with current primary uniforms. Black: Saints Jets Commanders Panthers Cardinals Eagles. Red: Texans. Orange: Bears. White: Cowboys. Bengals not clear may just be color rush.

image.png.ffbeb56146087b2a0c561fe9cb03e9df.pngimage.png.463c700a0c535d8f6dde91875ffcff7f.png

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Exactly. Not sure why they didn't just make a 90s alternate.

Personally, I'm of the unpopular opinion that they should redesign the logo entirely. While iconic and special for us, the two Bills logos are objectively bad; poorly designed.

90's would then be throwbacks and the 65 red standing bison throwback set would have to be scrapped.

apparently, you can only have two choices for helmets, one primary and either one alternate or one historical throwback. (and throwback must include appropriate matching historical uniform set)

and most fans and critics disagree with your last statement about the Bills logos.

Edited by cba fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/5/2022 at 5:57 PM, LeGOATski said:

Ron, you're making this harder than it needs to be. Just make the 90's uniform an alternate and collect all the moneys. 

this has to be the dumbest nfl rule ever.  

1 hour ago, cba fan said:

which completely contradicts all the teams who just rolled out alternate helmets they will wear with current primary uniforms. Black: Saints Jets Commanders Panthers Cardinals Eagles. Red: Texans. Orange: Bears. White: Cowboys. Bengals not clear may just be color rush.

image.png.ffbeb56146087b2a0c561fe9cb03e9df.pngimage.png.463c700a0c535d8f6dde91875ffcff7f.png

90's would then be throwbacks and the 65 red standing bison throwback set would have to be scrapped.

apparently, you can only have two choices for helmets, one primary and either one alternate or one historical throwback. (and throwback must include appropriate matching historical uniform set)

and most fans and critics disagree with your last statement about the Bills logos.

you should be allowed at least an alternate and throwback.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, cba fan said:

So why would a Bills official say they can't get it done? Is it possible the Bills themselves arent interpreting the rules correctly? I know that sounds silly but crazier things have happened.

Edit: I'm still obviously confused but are we saying the Bills 65 standing Buffalo prevents us from having another alternate helmet? so what Sal reported was right, but the rule doesn't apply to teams who don't already have an alternate / throwback helmet? (I thought at least the jets do, but maybe they gave the historical throwback helmet up?)

Edited by What a Tuel

5 hours ago, cba fan said:

Just label it an "alternate" then and scrap the color rush. "Dear NFL - We're gonna make a blue alternate uniform with a red helmet and a throwback AFL uniform with a white standing bison helmet. Yours truly, The Buffalo Bills"

All it takes is a little creativity. I'm the end, it's not a huge deal, the Bills are gonna look great, regardless.

(P.S. - I'm aware it's an unpopular opinion, which is why I literally stated as such.)

On 8/8/2022 at 12:23 AM, What a Tuel said:

So why would a Bills official say they can't get it done? Is it possible the Bills themselves arent interpreting the rules correctly? I know that sounds silly but crazier things have happened.

Edit: I'm still obviously confused but are we saying the Bills 65 standing Buffalo prevents us from having another alternate helmet? so what Sal reported was right, but the rule doesn't apply to teams who don't already have an alternate / throwback helmet? (I thought at least the jets do, but maybe they gave the historical throwback helmet up?)

yeah, apparently you can't have a primary helmet an alternate helmet and a throwback helmet(must choose one of either alternate or throwback) in same year as that would be 3. 

ohhhh unless you are the Chargers. 🤣🤣 🤣  then you can have 3. lol that's 3 diff helmets FYI.....3 diff logo designs color combos

oh and the Jets did scrap the throwbacks, I guess, so they can roll out the black helmets.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/chargers/story/2020-04-21/chargers-unveil-new-uniforms

Edited by cba fan
add info

13 minutes ago, cba fan said:

chargers3 (4).jfif 57.59 kB · 1 download

yeah, apparently you can't have a primary helmet an alternate helmet and a throwback helmet(must choose one of either alternate or throwback) in same year as that would be 3. 

ohhhh unless you are the Chargers. 🤣🤣 🤣   that's 3 diff helmets FYI.....3 diff logo designs color combos.

EWISSZsU0AAzWGj.thumb.jpg.56033a80e7cee5cdcfa259a12237dfdb.jpg

I thought the Falcons had 3 now, too. Red and black throwbacks plus their current.

Listen on Audacy the segment Sal depicts the rules for NFL teams and tells it all.  Current uni, throw back uni, and only if we color rush all red can they red helmet the uni.  NFL rules don’t allow it although he agreed it would be great to have the red helmet.

they can’t use the red helmet on the traditional uni as that was the standing Buffalo.  Seems kind of silly, but it’s the current rule.

Sal also mentioned the team is not crazy about the red color rush look.

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Listen on Audacy the segment Sal depicts the rules for NFL teams and tells it all.  Current uni, throw back uni, and only if we color rush all red can they red helmet the uni.  NFL rules don’t allow it although he agreed it would be great to have the red helmet.

they can’t use the red helmet on the traditional uni as that was the standing Buffalo.  Seems kind of silly, but it’s the current rule.

Sal also mentioned the team is not crazy about the red color rush look.

i agree the red helmet on color rush is a mismatch right now. Helmet red is darker like we expect Bills scarlet to be. But OMG the red uniform looks like an orange hue. I wonder if they got the pantone right or the material is not accepting the Bills red. Looks terrible. Like a 70's swirl sucker color bad. 

Edited by cba fan

8 hours ago, cba fan said:

i agree the red helmet on color rush is a mismatch right now. Helmet red is darker like we expect Bills scarlet to be. But OMG the red uniform looks like an orange hue. I wonder if they got the pantone right or the material is not accepting the Bills red. Looks terrible. Like a 70's swirl sucker color bad. 

Yeah, I was just appreciative Sal as always knew the reference and did a nice job explaining the policy.

I guess it’s a choice of either the old fashioned standing Buffalo, or the 90’s uni with the red helmet.

Id love it as others if we had these three options in a policy change by the league.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.