For those who want the red helmet back… (Josh trolls everyone)

YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He later switched back to white 

the blue stripes are terrible. Get some white stripes back on that like 90's SB era or pitch them in dumpster.

2 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Allen's is pretty rough, I was super excited. Maybe the NFL will take notice of how excited people were and change the dumb rule.

Are the Bengals uniforms color rush with the white helmet?

No Bengals are just an alternate helmet. 

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Allen may have “trolled” us but I highly doubt this was random. I very much think we have red helmets in our future, be it alternates or the main, and this was more foreshadowing. 

That wasn’t the 90’s or 00’s red helmet either, the double blue stripes are unique. 

and fugly as fuch too. lol

4 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I agree, but they'd have to drop either the AFL throwbacks or the color rush if they do that. They can't have all three. Have to pick two.

they could change the throwbacks to red helmet SB set 1990.  Then would have to drop the standing bison throwbacks 65' uni set completely.

Then revamp color rush to use red helmet as part of color rush.

continue with current uni set as primary.

this equals two shell limit per NFL.

1 red 1 white. both w running bison

orrrrrrr just do as Bengals and all the other alternate helmets unveil for this coming year(Giants and Pats did throwbacks) did and just introduce an alternate helmet (Red) with a modern flair if desired or copy SB era..

Then can also wear it with color rush when needed for that game, and with standard uni they have now for select games.

continue with current uni set as primary.

this equals two shell limit per NFL.

1 red 1 white. both w running bison. (65" Throwbacks would not be allowed i guess as it has diff logo and would constitute a third helmet)

anyone know if i am in error?

apparently, none of it matters for this year as Bills never submitted proper paperwork to add any alternate helmet or change throwback set in time per rumors.

Edited by cba fan

2 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Allen may have “trolled” us but I highly doubt this was random. I very much think we have red helmets in our future, be it alternates or the main, and this was more foreshadowing. 

That wasn’t the 90’s or 00’s red helmet either, the double blue stripes are unique. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Don't like the blue stripe though. If they do bring the red helmet back as an alternative, just use the ones we used back in the 90s

2 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

I wonder if this was a helmet we originally intended on using ad a throwback but scrapped last second. Otherwise, where did it come from?

2 hours ago, The Red King said:

I think Josh might be forcing the issue.  By pulling this stunt the cat's out of the bag.  It's also a very sneaky way for the Bills to gauge interest in the red helmets.

As already noted, the red jersey is simply the "no touchy the QB" practice jersey.  And the stripes are the ones normally placed on the white helmet, one reason I think Allen slapped together.

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I respectfully disagree, there is no way this was a prank by Allen. I think this was a preview/prototype for the new red design (blue stripes look weird with the white shoulder stripe)

If you look at the Red Helmet - you can see the Red between the 2 blue stripes is a sticker - it is the same 2 blue stripes and red center that is on the white helmet.

The Red Helmet Josh had used the exact same coverings that the white helmet used - just placed on a red helmet.  It was not a preview or a prototype, but it could be used to gain some idea how fans would react, but if they go to red helmets - it won’t be what you saw tonight.

That was a throw together using the current helmets kit and needed some type of white to off set the color, but the current decals do not have the white incorporated.

We know from past scrimmages- Josh likes the Red uniform and my guess is he likes the Red Helmet - so my guess is we will see something shortly, but not this coming year because the Bills have stated it is not part of their 2022-23 uniforms.

9 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Allen's is pretty rough, I was super excited. Maybe the NFL will take notice of how excited people were and change the dumb rule.

Are the Bengals uniforms color rush with the white helmet?

The NFL doesn't need to change anything. All the Bills had to do was make the 90s uni an alternate uniform. That's all the people want.

The Bills want to keep the AFL era unis as the alternate. Not sure if there is a rule limiting the number of alternates they have.

I'd much rather have an AFL era and 90s era alternate uniforms and get rid of the color rush stuff.

• Agree 1

It wasn’t a troll job on Josh’s part, it was a tribute to the Super Bowl era, his actions said to the fans that the team is headed back to the big game.

The red helmet made the red jersey look more of an orange color, they are gonna have to match that better, along with adding the white stipe to the helmet. Anyway, it was very cool and the vast majority of fans really liked the red helmet. 

33 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

you mean the 2 Blue stripes on the RED helmet 

This is a nuisance to write out, but the blue lines should be white, the red line down the center should be blue and slightly thinner with red dividing the white and blue lines.

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

you mean the 2 Blue stripes on the RED helmet 

It wasn’t 2 blue stripes - it was the same decal kit as on the white helmets,  it was a strip of 2 blue and a red stripe down the middle - the red was just hard to see on the red helmet.

Josh did not have something different made or unique decals - they just fitted a red helmet with the current decals.  It was nothing but a bit of fun and is not some kind of prototype or planned helmet.  It is just a red helmet fitted with the current kit used on the white helmets - nothing more.

• Thank you (+1) 1

OMG people.  Read the comments and stop complaining about the stripes.  Allen just took a decal set meant for the white helmet and slapped it on a red helmet instead.  That's why there are no white stripes.

He mocked up a red helmet.  Nothing more, nothing less.  This isn't a prototype or sneak peek.  It was something he kitbashed together.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.