For those who want the red helmet back… (Josh trolls everyone)

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, chris heff said:

Changed from white helmet to red helmet in the 1980s for a stupid reason, let the red helmet stay dead.

My dad used to tell me it was because at the time all the AFC East teams had white helmets and Ferguson complained he couldn't find his receivers.  They changed to red to make it easier for him.

Allen may have “trolled” us but I highly doubt this was random. I very much think we have red helmets in our future, be it alternates or the main, and this was more foreshadowing. 

That wasn’t the 90’s or 00’s red helmet either, the double blue stripes are unique. 

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

8 minutes ago, The Red King said:

My dad used to tell me it was because at the time all the AFC East teams had white helmets and Ferguson complained he couldn't find his receivers.  They changed to red to make it easier for him.

My dad told me the exact same thing 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think Josh might be forcing the issue.  By pulling this stunt the cat's out of the bag.  It's also a very sneaky way for the Bills to gauge interest in the red helmets.

As already noted, the red jersey is simply the "no touchy the QB" practice jersey.  And the stripes are the ones normally placed on the white helmet, one reason I think Allen slapped together.

30 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Ferguson was colorblind apparently. My dad told me the same thing

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I think Josh might be forcing the issue.  By pulling this stunt the cat's out of the bag.  It's also a very sneaky way for the Bills to gauge interest in the red helmets.

As already noted, the red jersey is simply the "no touchy the QB" practice jersey.  And the stripes are the ones normally placed on the white helmet, one reason I think Allen slapped together.

I respectfully disagree, there is no way this was a prank by Allen. I think this was a preview/prototype for the new red design (blue stripes look weird with the white shoulder stripe)

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Alternate uniform needs to be Red Helmet with Royal Blue 90's jersey and white pants. I hate the red on red color rush uniform. It's too "much"

stop-trying-to-make-red-uniforms-happen.

They wear it once a year. It's a nice uniform that just pops. I like it as a one game thing

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.