The Bills’ 2022 Draft Class

StHustle

On 8/5/2022 at 8:46 PM, JayBaller10 said:

Here’s my only bout of pessimism: CB Andrew Booth of the Vikings has been balling out in camp and has even held his own with Justin Jefferson. Booth was taken in the 2nd round, after the Bills traded up for Elam, and the Bills admitted that Elam was the only player left that they had a first round grade on. Will be interesting to see how both careers pan out.

Really?

I don't even know who this WR is and Kirk Cousins actually threw this ball....

Who?

"Despite all the positive upside with Booth, the starting job is currently Dantzler’s to lose. That’s only right, considering Dantzler is still a solid young corner who the previous regime didn’t give a fair shot to succeed."

https://zonecoverage.com/2022/minnesota-vikings-news/andrew-booth-jr-can-win-the-starting-job-despite-facing-an-uphill-battle/

We obviously seem to be drinking the Kool Aid on this class, but I’m not sure I remember hearing so much positivity about a rookie class in previous memory..

Elam is a guy that people seem to be showing objectivity on.  Recognize the potential, but admit he’s struggled against Diggs & Davis.  

Cook sounds like the real deal.  Reports aren’t delusional.. he has things to work on (pass blocking), but he sounds like an absolute weapon who is better in the run game then we even initially thought when we drafted him. 

Bernard has good reports, and I don’t claim to know a ton about him.. but I’ve seen highlights of him blitzing and the dude screeches across the LOS like a blur. 

Shakir has glowing practice reports, and all I know is I saw him adjust to that TD pass in the scrimmage like a veteran wide receiver. 

We seem to have our cost controlled upgrade at punter for the next four years, plus guys like Benford and Spector are pushing to make the 53 (Benford may already be a lock) and this is a loaded roster .. so if a late round rookie makes it .. they’ve earned it. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/5/2022 at 9:48 AM, StHustle said:

I don’t mean to jump the gun…but ***** it Ima jump the gun!

Is it just me or does this draft class seem to be a total grand slam??? I can’t remember another class where just about ALL of the picks of made standout plays in camp with the vets….mind you, very good vets! This isn’t some bum team where rookies should be shining like in years past. Even down to Spector, our 7th round pick, I believe all have gotten reps with the ones. Sometimes cause injury but more often cause they earned the look. And even in the injury situations, it’s been mostly reported of them holding their own vs seeming overwhelmed. This is amazing! Beane is really shaping up to be the GOAT.

I think this will end up being our overall best draft class yet. Gotta love BBB.

Technically right now they said elam has been kinda struggling. If he's not a hit then no.

Edited by Sharky7337

On 8/5/2022 at 8:46 PM, JayBaller10 said:

Here’s my only bout of pessimism: CB Andrew Booth of the Vikings has been balling out in camp and has even held his own with Justin Jefferson. Booth was taken in the 2nd round, after the Bills traded up for Elam, and the Bills admitted that Elam was the only player left that they had a first round grade on. Will be interesting to see how both careers pan out.

Agreed 💯 

I was pissed when I heard Elams name called. I REALLY wanted Booth.  I thought Jermaine Johnson was the BPA and would’ve been ok using another major resource on DE, but didn’t think we would realistically draft him.  Christian Watson or Kyler Gordon wouldn’t have upset me.  

I didn’t like Elams run d or his handsy approach.  I didn’t like that he didn’t have a good 2021 season.  I loved his press man ability, size and speed.  We didn’t have a corner that had that package.  All of our corners were average sized and not very fast.  Thinking that his addition would allow us to become more multiple in our defensive play calls.  

i officially came around to the pick 1.5 hours after the selection.  My father did a great job.  

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Technically right now they said elam has been kinda struggling. If he's not a hit then no.

What if Benford is that dude, but Elam isn’t?  Does that matter?

For the record, I do think Elam is legit.  He may take some time, but he has the talent and drive to be successful. 

Are Diggs and Davis any less of a WR Tandem just because they weren’t RD1 Draft Picks?

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Really?

I don't even know who this WR is and Kirk Cousins actually threw this ball....

Who?

"Despite all the positive upside with Booth, the starting job is currently Dantzler’s to lose. That’s only right, considering Dantzler is still a solid young corner who the previous regime didn’t give a fair shot to succeed."

https://zonecoverage.com/2022/minnesota-vikings-news/andrew-booth-jr-can-win-the-starting-job-despite-facing-an-uphill-battle/

I’m not talking about him trash talking some unnamed receiver, unless you’re asking who Justin Jefferson is…?

Andrew Booth Jr. is ready to add life to the secondary

After trading back from the No. 12 pick, the Vikings used their first two selections in the 2022 NFL Draft to help revamp a secondary that became somewhat of a problem area for the club in recent years. First, they took Georgia safety Lewis Cine at the end of the first round. But early in the second round with the No. 42 overall selection, Minnesota nabbed Andrew Booth Jr. out of Clemson.

Booth was once regarded as a potential first-round pick but fell to the early second and that has been much to the delight of the organization to this point.

When asked about what the rookie brings to the secondary, another young Vikes’ cornerback, Cameron Dantzler, heaped praise on Booth, saying to Bally Sports North, “He brings that fire, that juice to the secondary – something that we really need. I love him just like a little brother.”

It should be noted that the Clemson product doesn’t have a clear path to be a starter with Dantzler and Patrick Peterson on the roster, among others. With that said, he’s drawn rave reviews from onlookers and teammates alike, even when matched up with the likes of Jefferson and a strong Minnesota receiving corps.

He’s doing all the right things to make his presence felt and be a huge boost for the defensive back group.

Patrick Peterson on Andrew Booth: He’s going to be a problem

But as I said the book hasn’t been written on either of these rookies and it’ll be interesting to follow their careers, since I know many here wanted Booth with that first round pick. And it wouldn’t have taken a trade up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.