The Bills’ 2022 Draft Class

StHustle

I don’t mean to jump the gun…but ***** it Ima jump the gun!

Is it just me or does this draft class seem to be a total grand slam??? I can’t remember another class where just about ALL of the picks of made standout plays in camp with the vets….mind you, very good vets! This isn’t some bum team where rookies should be shining like in years past. Even down to Spector, our 7th round pick, I believe all have gotten reps with the ones. Sometimes cause injury but more often cause they earned the look. And even in the injury situations, it’s been mostly reported of them holding their own vs seeming overwhelmed. This is amazing! Beane is really shaping up to be the GOAT.

I think this will end up being our overall best draft class yet. Gotta love BBB.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, StHustle said:

Is it just me or does this draft class seem to be a total grand slam??? I can’t remember another class where just about ALL of the picks of made standout plays in camp with the vets….mind you, very good vets! This isn’t some bum team where rookies should be shining like in years past. Even down to Spector, our 7th round pick, I believe all have gotten reps with the ones. Sometimes cause injury but more often cause they earned the look. And even in the injury situations, it’s been mostly reported of them holding their own vs seeming overwhelmed. This is amazing! Beane is really shaping up to be the GOAT.

I think this will end up being our overall best draft class yet. Gotta love BBB.

It seems to be that way. I don’t recall the same hype in previous draft classes. I wouldn’t be surprised if every single pick contributes at some point. What a draft. 

5 minutes ago, StHustle said:

8 days. 8/13/22 till Colts at Bills 4:00 on the NFLN. I want to see them in game action against an actual opponent.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, StHustle said:

2018 gonna be hard to beat. Elite QB, decent MLB (kind of polarizing one), solid DT, top 5 slot CB, solid depth safety/big nickel guy, high end guard (that we ended up trading early)

Edited by Watkins101
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

2018 gonna be hard to beat. Elite QB, decent MLB (kind of polarizing one), solid DT, top 5 slot CB, solid depth safety/big nickel guy, high end guard (that we ended up trading early)

Obviously drafting Allen in of itself is a huge victory. But overall this draft feels different. Everyone looks incredibly sharp. They all look like they could be starters. 

Elam is likely getting playing time

Cook for sure will get playing time 

Bernard is likely to get playing time

Araiza is likely to be the starter 

Shakir is likely to get playing time

Luke, Spector, and Benford appear to be solid depth with potential. 

• Agree 1

The early reports are promising but I would like to see them in real games first. 

Best draft yet? All the other ones are pretty good, and I think this list points out how consistently good they have been at drafting:

2021: Greg Rousseau, Boogie Basham, Spencer Brown, Tommy Doyle, Damar Hamlin 

2020: AJ Epenesa, Zack Moss, Gabe Davis, Tyler Bass, Dane Jackson

2019: Ed Oliver, Devin Singletary, Dawson Knox, even the hangers-on Jaquan Johnson, Tommy Sweeney, Cody Ford

2018: Josh Allen, Tremaine Edmunds, Harrison Phillips, Taron Johnson, Siran Neal (and Teller traded)

The one year without Beane:

2017: Tre White, Dion Dawkins, Matt Milano (Zay Jones still in league) 

Their hit rate seems to be 5 long term roster players per year. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Obviously drafting Allen in of itself is a huge victory. But overall this draft feels different. Everyone looks incredibly sharp. They all look like they could be starters. 

Allen is elite

Edmunds is a starter

Harrison Phillips is/was a starter 

Taron Johnson is a starter In this defense

Wyatt Teller is a high end starter 

Siran Neal is good depth stuck behind 2 all pro safeties, perhaps he would have been a starter elsewhere 

Ray ray mccolud sees some playing time, not on the bills. 
the only real miss was Austin Proehl. 
Honestly, I don’t really see this this draft surpassing 2018. Josh Allen alone would be incredibly hard to beat, but only one real miss in the draft is also damn good. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Breaking News:  Beane is really good at his job...and has always been really good at his job since his first season here.  

No chance to beat 2018, just on the elite QB factor alone.  But, I am supremely confident we will get a lot of contributions this year from Elam, Cook, and Araiza this year.  Shakir is the future at slot for us, and I expect him to make some plays this year and come in next year as the starter at slot poised for a heavy workload.  If just 3 of those 4 pan out, this draft will be a home run.

And several of others as the OP have been standing out and making plays.  I wont get too excited until we start seeing them in live game action, but the class as a whole is looking strong thus far which just adds to the excitement.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

We desperately need Elam to click with Tre most likely starting slow. Cook is the guy I'm most excited to see.  And Haack better not make this team over Araiza.  Bernard will get his opportunities. 

1 hour ago, jwhit34 said:

The early reports are promising but I would like to see them in real games first. 

Best draft yet? All the other ones are pretty good, and I think this list points out how consistently good they have been at drafting:

2021: Greg Rousseau, Boogie Basham, Spencer Brown, Tommy Doyle, Damar Hamlin 

2020: AJ Epenesa, Zack Moss, Gabe Davis, Tyler Bass, Dane Jackson

2019: Ed Oliver, Devin Singletary, Dawson Knox, even the hangers-on Jaquan Johnson, Tommy Sweeney, Cody Ford

2018: Josh Allen, Tremaine Edmunds, Harrison Phillips, Taron Johnson, Siran Neal (and Teller traded)

The one year without Beane:

2017: Tre White, Dion Dawkins, Matt Milano (Zay Jones still in league) 

Their hit rate seems to be 5 long term roster players per year. 

To see it laid out like that is kinda stunning!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.