Return of the Blue and Red (8/5 Scrimmage)

yall

2 hours ago, Beerball said:

It bothering fans who can't take a guy wearing a Seconds 13 jersey is totally ridiculous. It bothering players is something you better be hoping for. 

Big difference between being a player whose employment/career/hard work are on the line after putting their mind and body thru the rigors of preparing for and playing in an NFL season............and being a fan.

Like ham and eggs.......as Mike Leach would say.........committment versus involvement.   

For instance..........I guarantee there were some young players on the sidelines whose mind IMMEDIATELY went to the playoff money they where going to get for advancing to the AFCCG when Davis caught that TD with 13 seconds left.

Poof.......$65 grand down the f*cking drain.

For them there are real life implications in snatching defeat from the jaws of victory in the playoffs...........for fans it's just personal frustration and self pity etc..

• Like (+1) 1

Joe B Athletic article on the scrimmage (paywall)

https://theathletic.com/3482097/2022/08/06/bills-camp-observations-josh-allen-gabriel-davis/?source=emp_shared_article

The results were not kind to the defense. There wasn’t a single turnover, and the offense scored on eight of 12 total drives. Six of those scoring drives went for touchdowns. Three quarterbacks, Josh Allen, Case Keenum and Matt Barkley, completed 74 percent of their passes for 499 yards. Not a bad day at the office.

I kind of think he ought to mention there that Von Miller had the night off from the 11 on 11 portions of practice right up front.  And of course Poyer was out and I think Hyde was limited.

The third-year receiver was getting open at will against the top cornerbacks the defense had to offer. Whether it was on short routes, in intermediate areas or deep down the field, Davis was getting open and making the defense pay. Allen wound up targeting Davis six times, and the pair linked up for five catches and 76 yards. More importantly, they teamed up for two of Allen’s three scoring tosses.

The lone miss between the two was barely a miss at all. Allen lofted a perfect ball 25 yards down the field to the left side of the end zone. Davis beat cornerback Dane Jackson, rose up to secure the catch, got one foot in bounds and his second foot barely missed the end zone, making it an incompletion. Had Davis dragged the second foot, his day would have been five receptions on five targets for 99 yards and two touchdowns.

Kaiir Elam had his rookie passport stamped "some assembly required".  Hopefully he learns from it.

It’s a bit of an understatement, but the young cornerbacks struggled mightily. You might have guessed, seeing that the Allen-led offense collected nearly 66 percent of the possible passing yardage. It just came far too easily for the prolific passing group, and it underscores what has been a pretty consistent trend throughout the 10 days of training camp.

Although they have some young talent in rookie first-round pick Kaiir Elam, and some experience with Jackson, the defense has had to rely on the pass rush to make an impact. And when the pass rushers haven’t, Allen and his pass catchers have made their presence felt all summer.

IMHO one of the worst secondary plays came on Knox's TD.  Knox threw Jaquan Johnson back several yards off the line, and he couldn't recover to get back in coverage in time.

Moral: we need Hyde and Poyer, and we need Tre White.  And we need a pass rush.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

a-little-bit-bitchy-you-bitch.gif

The 3 stages of badobillz

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Joe B Athletic article on the scrimmage (paywall)

https://theathletic.com/3482097/2022/08/06/bills-camp-observations-josh-allen-gabriel-davis/?source=emp_shared_article

I kind of think he ought to mention there that Von Miller had the night off from the 11 on 11 portions of practice right up front.  And of course Poyer was out and I think Hyde was limited.

Kaiir Elam had his rookie passport stamped "some assembly required".  Hopefully he learns from it.

IMHO one of the worst secondary plays came on Knox's TD.  Knox threw Jaquan Johnson back several yards off the line, and he couldn't recover to get back in coverage in time.

Moral: we need Hyde and Poyer, and we need Tre White.  And we need a pass rush.

Just out of curiosity do you think that these things didn’t happen to poyer from time to time our back up safeties could start on some teams in the league

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

I don’t think we’ll ever see the James Cook TD catch 😢 

but I’ll get over in the next 1.5 hours.  My male authority figure did a fine job while I was growing up

Look here:

The Joe B article emphasizes the two problems we highlighted in a discussion yesterday:  Offensive line and corner back.  Running game stalled, and corners couldn't cover anyone.   There's some growing to be done, and it has to happen pretty quickly.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

Look here:

I thought I read cook took a crossing route to the house.  That’s the play I’m looking for.  I was skipping through that video 10 seconds at a time and didn’t see it. Maybe I heard wrong or missed it?

Just now, NewEra said:

I thought I read cook took a crossing route to the house.  That’s the play I’m looking for.  I was skipping through that video 10 seconds at a time and didn’t see it. Maybe I heard wrong or missed it?

Oh, I didn't watch it.  The camera movement (I'm assuming they used those recording glasses) was making me ill.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Oh, I didn't watch it.  The camera movement (I'm assuming they used those recording glasses) was making me ill.

Lol same.  Had to mute the voices too.  I think they started the video a few minutes after the play I’m looking for.  Thanks for trying though!  It’s appreciated 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

BTW, how are the other rookie CBs doing in other teams' training camps?

Tua is impressing in Miami and Mac&Cheese has made dramatic improvements

Corners must not be doing so well there.

Edited by Scott7975

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/watch-now-young-cancer-survivor-from-dunkirk-signs-one-day-contract-with-bills/article_45d901ae-150f-11ed-959a-3f6d960ec4c5.html

Dunkirk's Mason Schrantz, who was diagnosed with Stage IV lymphoma in December 2017, signed a one-day contract with the Buffalo Bills on Friday and was named their honorary captain for the "Return of the Blue and Red" practice. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.