Return of the Blue and Red (8/5 Scrimmage)

yall

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The reason he went to Maryland is because his dad passed away when he was in HS and he didn’t want to leave his mom and brother. He was a 5 star recruit and had offers from everywhere. Ohio state wanted him bad. Urban infamously told him he must clearly not want to win if he chose Maryland. And yes he knew about the dad. 

Wow. Urban’s image just gets classier all the time. 

54 minutes ago, Monty98 said:

So a few things I noticed from the practice scrimmage.

1. The returners in warm ups were Isiah McKenzie, Blackshear, Shakir and James Cook I believe. Could just be the rotation for the first preseason game but I was intrigued to not see Tavon Austin back there...but he may be on the outside looking in.

For whatever reason, Austin was out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

1) It's tough love.  :beer:  Your male authority figures should have taught you this.    A common problem with mama's boys is they tend to have a bad mix of elevated female emotion(a purposeful trait for a mother) and the male desire for results.       

2) It says that I think first and therefore I don't dwell emotionally about a disappointing sports result.........an hour and a half after "13 seconds" I was sleeping soundly and was on to the draft the next day and looking forward to the next step in the journey.   You "feel" first and then can't let an essentially meaningless past result pain you months or years later.   (See item 1)   

Sports is one of the few venues where a man CAN show his emotions publicly.

It's why a lot of men cry at the end of "Brian's Song" and "Rudy".

I guess your "male authority figure" didn't agree with that.

As to dwelling on a loss, ask Josh Allen and the team about that.  I'd wager they didn't "sleep soundly" that night and by extension neither did

a lot of fans.

They use this emotion to dedicate themselves to improve.

Logic and stoicism have its place in life, but a little "homer-ism" makes Buffalo Bills football a little more exciting and an opportunity to

escape some of the toils of life.

At least that's my opinion.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

No we heard about (bad) holding when Gonzo was punter.

"More" is a word that has a meaning. As in, I did not say, I never heard about it before..

If you understood that, then we'll have to disagree that there isn't a lot more chatter about it from media and fans than before..

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

1) It's tough love.  :beer:  Your male authority figures should have taught you this.    A common problem with mama's boys is they tend to have a bad mix of elevated female emotion(a purposeful trait for a mother) and the male desire for results.       

2) It says that I think first and therefore I don't dwell emotionally about a disappointing sports result.........an hour and a half after "13 seconds" I was sleeping soundly and was on to the draft the next day and looking forward to the next step in the journey.   You "feel" first and then can't let an essentially meaningless past result pain you months or years later.   (See item 1)   

Thank you for doubling down on your own awfulness in order to prove my point about you being the worst.

I can’t imagine having the massive ego and total lack of appropriate boundaries it would take to try to psycho-analyze a stranger on an internet message board. You’ve never met me and know nothing about me, yet you sit here talking about male authority figures and touting your superior masculinity.

I used to find you irritating. You used to arouse anger in me. Now I just pity you. Here’s some psycho analysis for YOU: Your weird cyber stalking and bullying (engaging people with cruelty and insults when they aren’t even talking to you, tagging people obsessively to try to draw them into arguments), massive ego, inflated sense of self worth, meanness and arrogance suggest that you are a deeply insecure and unhappy person, who attempts to make others just as unhappy by constantly tearing them down. 

This is an internet football message board. It’s so EASY to have fun, friendly discourse here. Almost everyone here has a nice, pleasant time conversing with each other. And yet, almost no one enjoys conversing with you. Why? Because you make a sport of acting rude, superior, and insulting people at every turn. You are genuinely unpleasant. Your quality football knowledge and opinions are rendered obsolete by your deeply unlikable and argumentative disposition. 

I genuinely hope you find whatever peace or contentment is lacking in your life that makes you feel it necessary to attack strangers on the internet for no reason all the time.

Let me know if you ever want to have a mature, reasonable, normal discussion about football, like a normal person. I won’t hold my breath. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Logic said:

Thank you for doubling down on your own awfulness in order to prove my point about you being the worst.

I can’t imagine having the massive ego and total lack of appropriate boundaries it would take to try to psycho-analyze a stranger on an internet message board. You’ve never met me and know nothing about me, yet you sit here talking about male authority figures and touting your superior masculinity.

I used to find you irritating. You used to arouse anger in me. Now I just pity you. Here’s some psycho analysis for YOU: Your weird cyber stalking and bullying (engaging people with cruelty and insults when they aren’t even talking to you, tagging people obsessively to try to draw them into arguments), massive ego, inflated sense of self worth, meanness and arrogance suggest that you are a deeply insecure and unhappy person, who attempts to make others just as unhappy by constantly tearing them down. 

This is an internet football message board. It’s so EASY to have fun, friendly discourse here. Almost everyone here has a nice, pleasant time conversing with each other. And yet, almost no one enjoys conversing with you. Why? Because you make a sport of acting rude, superior, and insulting people at every turn. You are genuinely unpleasant. Your quality football knowledge and opinions are rendered obsolete by your deeply unlikable and argumentative disposition. 

I genuinely hope you find whatever peace or contentment is lacking in your life that makes you feel it necessary to attack strangers on the internet for no reason all the time.

Let me know if you ever want to have a mature, reasonable, normal discussion about football, like a normal person. I won’t hold my breath. 

Yep Bingo GIF by MOODMAN

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

As to dwelling on a loss, ask Josh Allen and the team about that.  I'd wager they didn't "sleep soundly" that night and by extension neither did

a lot of fans.

They use this emotion to dedicate themselves to improve.

I may get lamb basted for this, but last night it appeared to me that maybe the team is starting to believe all of the hype. I hope that's not the case. That loss to KC needs to drive this team forward. I don't want them forgetting about it. Last night made me worry that it may be too far in their rear view mirror.

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Beerball said:

I may get lamb basted for this, but last night it appeared to me that maybe the team is starting to believe all of the hype. I hope that's not the case. That loss to KC needs to drive this team forward. I don't want them forgetting about it. Last night made me worry that it may be too far in their rear view mirror.

Maybe, but what I see so far this year is the D not wanting to be a reason for a playoff loss and the team in general knowing

the #1 seed with all the playoff games in Buffalo is the regular season goal.

7 minutes ago, Beerball said:

If that loss to KC wasn’t out of their mind 1.5 hours after the game their male father figures should’ve taught them

better.  Common problem with mama's boys is they tend to have a bad mix of elevated female emotion(a purposeful trait for a mother) and the male desire for results.  We’re screwed if this loss this bothers them. 

Edited by NewEra
  • Haha (+1) 7

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If that loss to KC wasn’t out of their mind 1.5 hours after the game their male father figures should’ve taught them

better.  Common problem with mama's boys is they tend to have a bad mix of elevated female emotion(a purposeful trait for a mother) and the male desire for results.  We’re screwed if this loss this bothers them. 

It bothering fans who can't take a guy wearing a Seconds 13 jersey is totally ridiculous. It bothering players is something you better be hoping for. 

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Unfortunately, the Bills have a lot of players that talk about their mama's and their leader talks a lot about his grand mama.

Not enough testosterone is my diagnosis.  And what up with these Turkey Burgers!  Real men eat red, raw meat.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Augie said:

Wow. Urban’s image just gets classier all the time. 

Urban always was, and still is a low class individual, 

53 minutes ago, Beerball said:

It bothering fans who can't take a guy wearing a Seconds 13 jersey is totally ridiculous. It bothering players is something you better be hoping for. 

I know.  It was sarcasm

49 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Unfortunately, the Bills have a lot of players that talk about their mama's and their leader talks a lot about his grand mama.

Not enough testosterone is my diagnosis.  And what up with these Turkey Burgers!  Real men eat red, raw meat.

Seriously!!  We need real men who’s fathers taught them right.  No mommas boys!!  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.