Return of the Blue and Red (8/5 Scrimmage)

yall

14 hours ago, Logic said:

It's like the people who still wear Norwood jerseys. 

Some people are masochists.

I have a signed Norwood jersey.  He is a regular guest at our annual tailgate.  He was not a good grass kicker and the offense should have gotten him closer.

14 hours ago, Logic said:

Singletary is about to have a good season. He won't go away easily just because the team drafted Cook.

Moss is about to contribute this season, too. The rumors of his demise were vastly premature.

Glad Miller has the day off. No need for Von Miller to suit up until December, if you ask me. 😆

Bills may consider that if Miller does not want paychecks. 

7 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Fans are emotional about their team and rightfully so. Some have debated whether they take the losses harder than the players. With that said, I wouldn’t expect for a Bills fan to walk around with “WIDE RIGHT” and the number 47 on a Bills jersey, no more than I would expect “SECONDS” and 13. That fan might find it humorous, but the pain of defeat still stings with many, so much so that they refuse to watch anything after Josh’s final TD pass. But perhaps your response to Logic was based on personal history between you two, but I felt inclined to chime in on the “humor” of the jersey.

Embrace the pain.

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Scheme. They won’t leave him on an island in the regular season. 

From the few snippets available it appears that our starting safety tandem is missed.

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

He also is from Gaithersburg MD 

The reason he went to Maryland is because his dad passed away when he was in HS and he didn’t want to leave his mom and brother. He was a 5 star recruit and had offers from everywhere. Ohio state wanted him bad. Urban infamously told him he must clearly not want to win if he chose Maryland. And yes he knew about the dad. 

• Like (+1) 1

I was at SJF all 3 practices this week, and while the offense had some flashes, the D won each day - sometimes just overall domination.  Last night it was like the field was bigger for the offense, they just looked a whole level better.  Granted there was no Von, but all three O units looked better - stringing plays together.  Wondering if they opened the playbook up a bit - I also wouldn't be surprised if they had the D play more vanilla.  I think the Bills wanted to put on a show for the fans, and generate some excitement by showcasing the offense more.  It was definitely entertaining. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I was at SJF all 3 practices this week, and while the offense had some flashes, the D won each day - sometimes just overall domination.  Last night it was like the field was bigger for the offense, they just looked a whole level better.  Granted there was no Von, but all three O units looked better - stringing plays together.  Wondering if they opened the playbook up a bit - I also wouldn't be surprised if they had the D play more vanilla.  I think the Bills wanted to put on a show for the fans, and generate some excitement by showcasing the offense more.  It was definitely entertaining. 

Parrino podcast said that the scrimmage seemed to have the defense holding back more than they have in previous practices. Not as much hitting, and the corners seemed a bit lost without poyer telling them where to line up 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

one solid or add white between the blue

I’d rather just go retro and bring back the old ones

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The reason he went to Maryland is because his dad passed away when he was in HS and he didn’t want to leave his mom and brother. He was a 5 star recruit and had offers from everywhere. Ohio state wanted him bad. Urban infamously told him he must clearly not want to win if he chose Maryland. And yes he knew about the dad. 

Doesn’t get much scummier

• Agree 3

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

There are also many Bills fans.............the vast majority in fact............who wouldn't feel compelled to record or watch a replay of a game whether they won or lost.

Like I said.........the journey is the reward.

I tend to read your posts aloud for maximum impact.   How long should I dramatically pause when you put that many periods within a sentence?

• Haha (+1) 10

31 minutes ago, goober said:

I tend to read your posts aloud for maximum impact.   How long should I dramatically pause when you put that many periods within a sentence?

The standard is... 1 second per .

45 minutes ago, Kaenon said:

I've been to both Kyle Field and the Ralph.

Von is being nice.

They are both amazing atmospheres.

Make no mistake, Von is all business, he says the right things at the right times. He is highly motivated to be the only player in the league to win three SB titles, one each on three different teams, as well as by his own admission, he wants the sack record that is currently held by no other than Bruce Smith.  The guy is a consummate professional football player/business man, he knows what he wants, and he is going after it, money, fame etc etc, we are damn happy, as we should be, he chose Buffalo. This was / is the push us over the top signing that we have all been craving for a long damn time. We now actually have all the pieces in place, time to get it done.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

image.png

FZbb0LhXgAAgc52?format=jpg&name=large

where did the helmet come from?

Shirley, it wasn’t just laying on a table.  

Look at the decals - it is the same kit as on the white helmets.  2 blue stripes flanking a large red stripe down the middle.  

This would take the Bills staff like 30 minutes or less to put together.  They just needed a red helmet lying around.

This is not a different design from the regular white helmets.

Just as Josh rolled out a Red over White uniform last year that he knew we were not using and then talked about his love for the scheme - I think this is Josh having a bit of fun.

1 hour ago, Kaenon said:

I've been to both Kyle Field and the Ralph.

Von is being nice.

They are both amazing atmospheres.

That’s the thing though .. Buffalo is more of a college atmosphere.  In general, NFL atmospheres can’t hold a candle to a big time college game.  Buffalo is the outlier. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, goober said:

It's training camp.................He's not really feeling it until there's at least 5 sunglasses emoji's per post as well....................😎😎😎

So a few things I noticed from the practice scrimmage.

1. The returners in warm ups were Isiah McKenzie, Blackshear, Shakir and James Cook I believe. Could just be the rotation for the first preseason game but I was intrigued to not see Tavon Austin back there...but he may be on the outside looking in. Haack was more consistent with his kicks, had a clean spiral on his punts when not trying to directional kick it. Punt god shanked a few, but when he's asked to go and kick the piss out of it, he killed the ball.

2. Starting OL was Dawkins, Hart, Morse, Bates (I believe), and Quesenberry. Starting unit held its own and opened some nice holes. Goal to go was a bit of an issue...but with "thud" whistles it's blown dead quick, Moss and Duke both had what would have been TDs live after breaking goal to go tackles. Ford just doesn't look good, one series he had a decent block but probably could have been called for holding, and the next play he was blown up while attempting to double the DT. I just think he's not going to make it through camp cuts.

3. We have bountiful riches at WR and some teams will be licking their lips to claim some of our guys come cut down day. Tanner Gentry had, I think, the catch of the day on a diving grab on a corner route with what looked like no bobble throughout the process. As I said earlier Shakir was just a lot of fun to watch. Effortless movement and sweet route mechanics. He was pulling away from DBs all day. Davis was the same guy from KC in the playoffs, he almost feels uncoverable at times, pretty sure he got both feet in on the "non TD". McKenzie will have a role with the bubbles and RPO game, he's small enough to get lost in the wash on crossers which will lead to chunk plays.

4. Terrell Bernard is a nice diamond in the rough. He is athletic enough to cover well out in space and out of the backfield. He's quick and decisive in his blitz assignment and attacks full go. His downfall is he will get knocked out of lanes in the run game. Happened a few times where he tried to hit the gap and was just mauled by a guard. Lots of upside though.

5. DBs were up and down, but I think that's more based on the system Dorsey has implemented vs talent. Damar Hamlin had a great breakup in the endzone where Davis looked wide open. Elam is learning on the fly and he has great recovery speed and ability, showed it on a pass breakup in the endzone on Diggs, believe he was beat on a double move or wheel route and got back to prevent the TD. He was giving up inside leverage a lot to the WR off the line and that is fixable. I want to see him more aggressive with his punch off the line in press. 

6. Dorsey's system feels like there's more motion in it and more utilization of stacked WRs. The was a play where Duke Johnson was motioned out wide, then moved back in to a stack grouping with the WR. He ran an out and the WR ran a stop route which created a natural pick on the DB. There is a lot more double tight it looked like as well and 5 wide sets with your 11 personnel group. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 14

16 minutes ago, Monty98 said:

So a few things I noticed from the practice scrimmage.

1. The returners in warm ups were Isiah McKenzie, Blackshear, Shakir and James Cook I believe. Could just be the rotation for the first preseason game but I was intrigued to not see Tavon Austin back there...but he may be on the outside looking in. Haack was more consistent with his kicks, had a clean spiral on his punts when not trying to directional kick it. Punt god shanked a few, but when he's asked to go and kick the piss out of it, he killed the ball.

2. Starting OL was Dawkins, Hart, Morse, Bates (I believe), and Quesenberry. Starting unit held its own and opened some nice holes. Goal to go was a bit of an issue...but with "thud" whistles it's blown dead quick, Moss and Duke both had what would have been TDs live after breaking goal to go tackles. Ford just doesn't look good, one series he had a decent block but probably could have been called for holding, and the next play he was blown up while attempting to double the DT. I just think he's not going to make it through camp cuts.

3. We have bountiful riches at WR and some teams will be licking their lips to claim some of our guys come cut down day. Tanner Gentry had, I think, the catch of the day on a diving grab on a corner route with what looked like no bobble throughout the process. As I said earlier Shakir was just a lot of fun to watch. Effortless movement and sweet route mechanics. He was pulling away from DBs all day. Davis was the same guy from KC in the playoffs, he almost feels uncoverable at times, pretty sure he got both feet in on the "non TD". McKenzie will have a role with the bubbles and RPO game, he's small enough to get lost in the wash on crossers which will lead to chunk plays.

4. Terrell Bernard is a nice diamond in the rough. He is athletic enough to cover well out in space and out of the backfield. He's quick and decisive in his blitz assignment and attacks full go. His downfall is he will get knocked out of lanes in the run game. Happened a few times where he tried to hit the gap and was just mauled by a guard. Lots of upside though.

5. DBs were up and down, but I think that's more based on the system Dorsey has implemented vs talent. Damar Hamlin had a great breakup in the endzone where Davis looked wide open. Elam is learning on the fly and he has great recovery speed and ability, showed it on a pass breakup in the endzone on Diggs, believe he was beat on a double move or wheel route and got back to prevent the TD. He was giving up inside leverage a lot to the WR off the line and that is fixable. I want to see him more aggressive with his punch off the line in press. 

6. Dorsey's system feels like there's more motion in it and more utilization of stacked WRs. The was a play where Duke Johnson was motioned out wide, then moved back in to a stack grouping with the WR. He ran an out and the WR ran a stop route which created a natural pick on the DB. There is a lot more double tight it looked like as well and 5 wide sets with your 11 personnel group. 

Excellent post all the way through.

Thanks!

• Thank you (+1) 2

It’s interesting McD said earlier in a conversation that he was looking over Kromer and the rest of the OL to “make sure players were being utilized the best way, not only for themselves but for the team.” I guess Hart had never played guard under the old OL coach and McD got curious. Or maybe one of the players complained about a position switch. Thought it was an interesting comment that no doubt had more of a story behind it.

8 hours ago, Logic said:

The fact that you:

1) turned a simple, silly post into an opportunity to insult me

and 

2) think the 13 seconds jersey is "hilarious" 

says soooo much more about you than it does about me. 

1) It's tough love.  :beer:  Your male authority figures should have taught you this.    A common problem with mama's boys is they tend to have a bad mix of elevated female emotion(a purposeful trait for a mother) and the male desire for results.       

2) It says that I think first and therefore I don't dwell emotionally about a disappointing sports result.........an hour and a half after "13 seconds" I was sleeping soundly and was on to the draft the next day and looking forward to the next step in the journey.   You "feel" first and then can't let an essentially meaningless past result pain you months or years later.   (See item 1)   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.