Josh Allen is the best personality in the NFL

Chaos

Funny to me is that Allen outside of Bills fans is commonly mocked by other teams fans as kind of an all braun no brains athlete. This probably largely derives from his low completion percentages in college and his first two NFL seasons. Of course that not reality at all as he’s actually quite smart scoring something like a 37 on the wonderlic which I believe was the highest score among all 2018 drafted QBs.

You can tell in many of his interviews even dating back to his first and second seasons that he has a quick wit about him too. Another sign of higher intellect.

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Funny to me is that Allen outside of Bills fans is commonly mocked by other teams fans as kind of an all braun no brains athlete. This probably largely derives from his low completion percentages in college and his first two NFL seasons. Of course that not reality at all as he’s actually quite smart scoring something like a 37 on the wonderlic which I believe was the highest score among all 2018 drafted QBs.

You can tell in many of his interviews even dating back to his first and second seasons that he has a quick wit about him too. Another sign of higher intellect.

You could tell in the predraft process and early on in his career, every interview he said exactly what he was supposed to. You could tell he prepared himself well and was smart. Here lately he's more comfortable expressing his personality which makes the interviews more entertaining but was always saying what he was supposed to.

13 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Josh seems like a great guy. But be careful of hero worship for people we really don't know. This is the same guy that tweeted at a young age "If it ain't white, it ain't right." To his credit he owned up to the offensive tweets. He has done nothing in Buffalo but be a model citizen and near perfect face of the franchise.  

Look at all the negative emojis this post received...LOL.

You have done nothing but state the facts and it rubs people the wrong way, b/c it throws a little shade on their *current* hero.

LOL

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 5

12 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

As a couple others have mentioned....thought it was rap lyrics? Which that word is used a lot in just about every rap song

Exactly!

Also these words come from "adult" men who are excused from this because they are "artists".

But let's throw Josh Allen under the bus for using their words in tweets.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

No motivation.   We loved Jim Kelly and cheered and wished him the best through his cancer, but by all reports he was not a faithful husband. I cheered for Biscuit and one of my fondest memories was his first game against Elway. He ended up being accused of sexual assault of a minor. 

Just a cautious reminder that our heroes can break our hearts.

Convicted.  

Seriously...What the hell is the point to bringing up the old tweets?  Why is there a 4 page thread mostly about something that was so long ago when he was a dumb high school student thats already been explained, owned up to, apologized for, and forgiven?  Like nobody cares, leave it alone.  People hold on to crap way too much in this country.  

Thought this was going to be a good thread on all the great things Josh has done, but its been hijacked by this nonsense.  Unbelievable its even being discussed. Not even worth coming back to this thread.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, StHustle said:

First of all, he definitely DID cite his age as the culprit. He also admitted it was dumb and took responsibility (didn’t try to make it out to be an ok thing to do or lie and say he was hacked or a friend did it).

Also, not all of those were rap lyrics. Josh used the n word as if he were in regular conversation. Now imo Josh Allen is clearly not racist. I, for one, care mostly about the intent of a comment or quote rather than the comment or quote itself.

Now with that said, simply saying somebody was “only” quoting a TV show or entertainer…as if that absolves them of any responsibility, doesn’t make it ok. What does make it ok is when there was zero malice behind it.

Considering everything I’ve learned about Josh and his upbringing…he wasnt being racist with any of it. From how I read it, the “if it ain’t white it ain’t right” comment was in response to somebody asking Josh “why is he so white?” Now, especially if that question was asked by a black person, the clap back was perfect. A fitting quote from a tv show and we know how Josh likes to quote movies and tv shows. It’s basically smack talk and a retort to a question that was racially motivated but I’m sure not in a racist way. He used a tv show quote as a clap back and It doesn’t offend me at all.

And let’s face it…almost all white kids, rural or urban, who like rap, quote the n word. Most only exclusively verbally or direct messaging, not publicly posting it…definitely a stupid move by a kid thinking only his twitter followers would ever see it. But there are PLENTY video of white kids calling each other the n word in general conversation …NOT CAUSE THEYRE RACIST….actually the opposite. They think it’s cool, they like black culture and are emulating it. It’s not coming from any place of hate.

In conclusion, while I don’t condone white people using the n word, I don’t count is as automatically racist if they do. You have to consider who the person is and the context. Hip hop culture has had a huge influence on millions of white kids of different age groups…you can’t be influential and expect not to be emulated. The n word is part of the culture and we (my fellow black people) have created the culture and allowed that word to remain active so this is what comes along with it. So until we start getting offended by our own people using the words in music, we can’t be offended by the people who made it as big as it is (white people) quoting the lyrics and wanting to talk to each other how black people do in hip hop culture movies.

Just my take.

Some of his unflattering tweets were in fact posted to his account by his friends as per Allen's interview w/ Kittle and Will Compton at the most recent TEU.

14 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Dude grow up. Josh was born in 96. Grew up in an Era where everyone listebs to Rao.

If you're a rapper, especially a successful one, people, especially teens are gunna wanna sing your song and quote lyrics.

Quit creating a non existent victimhood

I am glad I was not born in 96 and "istebs to Rao" since I do not understand current jive to know what that means.

But I know I had similar comments about me when I listened to Old School R&B, Jazz and Reggae and used some quotes from it. 

• Eyeroll 1

13 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

GT, people place an S on my last name all the time as it reminds them of an old actor who is long since gone.  It’s annoying, but I gave up years and years ago correcting people.

I learned spelling is important.  My name is spelled with 2 n's and I never spelled it otherwise.

I work at a job with some very difficult names to spell and I always make effort to copy / paste to ensure names spelled correctly even though they do not.

A security person was reviewing forms and asked why I did not put "Glen" as an alias.

I told him I never used that spelling so not an alias.

He showed me a document with my name spelled that way and I said it was not my document.

He told me I should have submitted a correction.

Later that year there was a major mistake by security on our project and there was a memo stating 'the moron in security made mistake costing us hundred of thousands".

When I saw him next I asked if he added "moron" to his aliases.

He said 'What are you talking about?"

I replied that there was a document referring to him hence a nickname and he did not correct it.

He gave me a dirty look but never brought up that document with misspelling again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Look at all the negative emojis this post received...LOL.

You have done nothing but state the facts and it rubs people the wrong way, b/c it throws a little shade on their *current* hero.

LOL

No, that's not why.

This subject was brought up a few years ago and was revealed to be absolutely nothing. Bringing it up now, makes no sense.

In a high-pitched voice: "We Love You Josh Allen!"

Sometimes you have to put yourself in someone else's shoes. What if you were a celebrity and every time you did something nice or kind someone brought up a mistake you made from more than ten years ago (we've all done things in our past that we aren't proud of...that's called learning and growing up). And no matter how kind and respectful you were to everyone and no matter how many good things you have done since, it would never equal or erase that one mistake in some people's eyes. That would suck if it were you, wouldn't it. So maybe we shouldn't do that to others. 

And of course, you shouldn't worship a celebrity or athlete to the point that if they do something wrong, your whole life is shattered. Or worse, that you pattern their bad behavior. But it's also ok to really like other good people when you see them (no matter their status in society), and Josh is good people...everyone who meets him says it and feels it.

Every hero is flawed in some way...because we're all human. Everything needs to be put into perspective. And though some of the people we have looked up to/admired in our lives have let us down in some way, doesn't mean that we have to assume every one will. Some NFL players have done some horrible things, but that doesn't mean that we should assume underneath the kind exterior of any other player is lurking some monster ready to do something horrible. And we shouldn't hold them to a higher standard than we have for ourselves and the forgiveness of our own mistakes.

Ultimately, ACTIONS speak much louder than words, or tweets. Know a man by his deeds, not his words.

And to think I was so excited to dig in to TBD today and see what was up and I run into this thread. Its like waiting for a breakfast of eggs over easy, peppers, crusty toast and bacon and instead being served a urinal cake...with pickles. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.