Josh Allen is the best personality in the NFL

Chaos

36 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Josh seems like a great guy. But be careful of hero worship for people we really don't know. This is the same guy that tweeted at a young age "If it ain't white, it ain't right." To his credit he owned up to the offensive tweets. He has done nothing in Buffalo but be a model citizen and near perfect face of the franchise.  

People change, I am living proof of that, but I do agree that we should not hero worship. God alone shall we worship. 

I will say this though. Allen has been here for five years now, if he was pond scum, we would know by now. Nobody can keep a mask on for that long, but I will also say this to my Bills brothers and sisters, Buffalo has a very good team now, a team that is good enough to win many championships, let us carry ourselves with the humility we had in the past years, our 7-9 years. Let us not boast in prideful arrogance, let us forever think of us as the underdog and the number one antagonists to some of the more obnoxious, boastful, big market teams out there!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We’ll Ethan, no football player can break my heart as I’m not that attached to anyone in sports to have me get emotional about their behavior.  Jimbo was a scoundrel on women, and I’ve had this discussion with friends I just have no respect for a man or woman who cheats on their spouse.  Leave them before you cheat.

I also don’t have any respect for a man who assaults a woman, but stupid comments as a 15 yr old, I can forgive especially if we don’t know the reference like some have suggested the rapping thing.  It’s still a dumbass move, but I have some compassion for a teenager who doesn’t fully understand their actions since our minds aren’t fully formed and developed until around 25.

Josh seems to be a good guy, tries to help kids out, and overall seems to be a good role model for our youth who are Bills fans.  Why look for any reason not to like him.  Not saying you or I have to love him, but he’s a great QB, and tries to lead a role we should like in our Bills.

Im done so have a good night.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

We’ll Ethan, no football player can break my heart as I’m not that attached to anyone in sports to have me get emotional about their behavior.  Jimbo was a scoundrel on women, and I’ve had this discussion with friends I just have no respect for a man or woman who cheats on their spouse.  Leave them before you cheat.

I also don’t have any respect for a man who assaults a woman, but stupid comments as a 15 yr old, I can forgive especially if we don’t know the reference like some have suggested the rapping thing.  It’s still a dumbass move, but I have some compassion for a teenager who doesn’t fully understand their actions since our minds aren’t fully formed and developed until around 25.

Josh seems to be a good guy, tries to help kids out, and overall seems to be a good role model for our youth who are Bills fans.  Why look for any reason not to like him.  Not saying you or I have to love him, but he’s a great QB, and tries to lead a role we should like in our Bills.

Im done so have a good night.

100% agree. And to his credit, Josh never used youth excuse. He simply said I'm sorry and has done nothing but be a stand up guy ever since. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

48 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

As a couple others have mentioned....thought it was rap lyrics? Which that word is used a lot in just about every rap song

And the other quote was from a TV show iirc

Also some of his friends used his account to tweet things

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

Almost every week there are several clips of Josh Allen going out his way to be a great guy. Here is todays:

Enjoy it….in a year or two, Josh will be more ubiquitous than Mahomes and Rodgers put together…

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

And the other quote was from a TV show iirc

Also some of his friends used his account to tweet things

Yup, that's correct. And although he knew and somehow(not sure if it was Josh or someone else) it got  made  clear to public it was quoted from a t.v show and was in no way at all meant to offend, 

He still apologized and think he also spoke with each Bills player on the team one by one if I recall right.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

Mahomes is a good guy too.  Burrows seems to be more in the mode of an insufferable prig like Rodgers. 

Burrow plays his arrogance pretty well though (so far. I think the cigar stuff is fun personally.) And he’s said some pretty eloquent things on social issues that I respect a lot. 

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2022/06/14/bengals-joe-burrow-gun-reform-comments/

But I’d still take Allen 10/10 times.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Josh seems like a great guy. But be careful of hero worship for people we really don't know. This is the same guy that tweeted at a young age "If it ain't white, it ain't right." To his credit he owned up to the offensive tweets. He has done nothing in Buffalo but be a model citizen and near perfect face of the franchise.  

He was a young teenager quoting a tv show but unfortunately that story will stick with him the rest of his life no matter what he does.  Dominique Foxworthy (an ESPN analyst) reminded us of that in his December 2020 quote saying there's a part of him that gets happy when Josh does something dumb because of those tweets.

I haven't heard Josh do or say anything controversial since we drafted him which is pretty amazing given his media exposure. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

Mahomes is a good guy too.  Burrows seems to be more in the mode of an insufferable prig like Rodgers. 

no way. Burrow has done a ton for Ohio, from the food bank to getting families with kids all they need for school and internet access. He is genuine.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.