Josh Allen is the best personality in the NFL

Chaos

Just now, Success said:

One thing I've noticed on twitter & around message boards is the general sentiment of "I don't like the Bills, but I really like Josh Allen..."

Mahomes is a good guy too.  Burrows seems to be more in the mode of an insufferable prig like Rodgers. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Total salute to Josh's parents. I mean let's dig a little deeper here and give credit to where it may have been missed. I often think of the story that describes how Josh's dad would often do mock interviews with his son as if he were a pro athlete really in that situation. This started when Josh was single digits! His parents had this man TOTALLY prepared to handle this life he now lives. Josh actually grew up as if he KNEW this was coming. That's why now after the success he is an obvious natural at handling it all in stride. It has EVERYTHING to do with preparation which started with mom and dad. Big salute to them!

• Like (+1) 14
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Josh seems like a great guy. But be careful of hero worship for people we really don't know. This is the same guy that tweeted at a young age "If it ain't white, it ain't right." To his credit he owned up to the offensive tweets. He has done nothing in Buffalo but be a model citizen and near perfect face of the franchise.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 11
  • Eyeroll 14
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 6

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Josh seems like a great guy. But be careful of hero worship for people we really don't know. This is the same guy that tweeted at a young age "If it ain't white, it ain't right." To his credit he owned up to the offensive tweets. He has done nothing in Buffalo but be a model citizen and near perfect face of the franchise.  

You're right about none of us really knowing any of these people, but also

The Modern Family quote?

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Pretty sure that was in reference to the modern family clip

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

You're right about none of us really knowing any of these people, but also

The Modern Family quote?

And several with the n word

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2018/04/26/nfl-draft-josh-allen-apologizes-tweets

Edited by Ethan in Portland
  • Vomit 4
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 4

8 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Ethan, you are correct,  after all we humans are inherently flawed, aka we do stupid things every so often,  Josh Allen by all accounts is a good guy, we can’t ask for more.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

So how is "If it aint white, it aint right" any different than "once you go black you never go back" and just for the record Im a black guy.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Dude grow up. Josh was born in 96. Grew up in an Era where everyone listebs to Rao.

If you're a rapper, especially a successful one, people, especially teens are gunna wanna sing your song and quote lyrics.

Quit creating a non existent victimhood

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

There’s no excuses for Josh’s comments in high school, but it was high school.  I don’t know the reference and how he made what comments.  What I do know is how much I drum into my kids who are all young adults now to stay true hell off social media.

People laugh at me, but I’m not on as BB says Snap Insta whatever or even Facebook.  I have a LinkedIn acct for work, and if you want to reach me, call, text or email me.  Keeps me out of trouble even though making comments like referenced would never come out of my mouth.

Ethan, not sure the motivations here, but Josh is a godsend for Buffalo and the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

54 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Mahomes is a good guy too.  Burrows seems to be more in the mode of an insufferable prig like Rodgers. 

Agree. Baker Mayfield has funny commercials but I have not read anything one way or another on what he is like as a person.

21 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Ethan, you are correct,  after all we humans are inherently flawed, aka we do stupid things every so often,  Josh Allen by all accounts is a good guy, we can’t ask for more.

Go Bills!!!

Agreed. Honestly he is the perfect QB for us to root for and we are the perfect fan base for him. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

10 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

There’s no excuses for Josh’s comments in high school, but it was high school.  I don’t know the reference and how he made what comments.  What I do know is how much I drum into my kids who are all young adults now to stay true hell off social media.

People laugh at me, but I’m not on as BB says Snap Insta whatever or even Facebook.  I have a LinkedIn acct for work, and if you want to reach me, call, text or email me.  Keeps me out of trouble even though making comments like referenced would never come out of my mouth.

Ethan, not sure the motivations here, but Josh is a godsend for Buffalo and the Bills.

No motivation.   We loved Jim Kelly and cheered and wished him the best through his cancer, but by all reports he was not a faithful husband. I cheered for Biscuit and one of my fondest memories was his first game against Elway. He ended up being accused of sexual assault of a minor. 

Just a cautious reminder that our heroes can break our hearts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Dislike 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.