Stafford has tendinitis in elbow

BuffaloBills1998

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s not about missing the game. It’s about how he plays in the game.

Based on when I had it, it will probably affect him.  Unless there is some shot they can give him, not sure.  I had it for years and it was bad when trying to do certain things.  Never really got anything done doctor wise. It was more of a stop doing stuff and eventually it will heal type of thing.

Edited by Scott7975

5 hours ago, BringBackFlutie said:

Is it tennis or golfer's elbow? I have golfer's. Mine is doing pull-ups, curls, or any back exercise. Dead lifts and shrugs are COMPLETELY out of the question. Sometimes it's so bad it radiates to my lower triceps and then I can't do those either. So I take a break from those exercises, beat the ***** out of it with a theragun (til it bruises), and wait for it to heal. That's what dry needle therapy is for. It's meant to disturb the area to make your body send blood to the tendon. There are very few blood vessels there and that's why it takes so long to heal.

I can deadlift heavy with no problem. So mine must be tennis elbow. Ironically enough I played tennis 2-3 days a week for 10 years but never felt any pain. It wasn't until I think I overtrained it at the gym and caused some type of permanent damage. I thought it would eventually heal but on go. Its been 2+ yrs of me not being able to do dips and pain when bench pressing and push ups. I don't experience any pain when not working out. Any suggestions? I'm going to look into the dry needle therapy.

Edited by Awwufelloff

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

If I had to guess, he will play but I could see it affecting him in the game considering they’ve been in TC for 2 weeks and had to shut down his arm and put him on a pitch count after he didn’t throw the whole off-season. He’s prone to picks as it is and now has a new WR in Robinson where he will have very little time on task. 

I agree- week one and two often offended are not on the same page so this lack of practice could be difference between a win and loss.

23 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

I can deadlift heavy with no problem. So mine must be tennis elbow. Ironically enough I played tennis 2-3 days a week for 10 years but never felt any pain. It wasn't until I think I overtrained it at the gym and caused some type of permanent damage. I thought it would eventually heal but on go. Its been 2+ yrs of me not being able to do dips and pain when bench pressing and push ups. I don't experience any pain when not working out. Any suggestions? I'm going to look into the dry needle therapy.

I think if it's been over 2 years you can safely spend the money on an orthopedist. That's a really long time.  It's also interesting that you're only bothered when working out.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/5/2022 at 4:45 AM, PrimeTime101 said:

I want to beat the best the teams have to offer, and I am sure the players would agree..

but you be you... 

I could care less if the Bills beat teams at their very best. The objective is to win the Superbowl. That is ultimately what matters in the NFL.

Game 1 was extremely important last year. If we had won it we would have had home field against Kansas City in the playoffs. Would the players be upset if they had won it because  Roethlisberger was unable to play? Or is it more important for their "honor" that they beat every team at their very best?

Do you think there's asterisks beside every Superbowl Champion about how they didn't beat everyone at full strength? It doesn't matter one iota. The players want to win the Superbowl.

If Cincinnati would have won the Superbowl last year do you think the players and fans would be saying "yeah but it really doesn't count because Odell Beckham got hurt?"

Players don't wish serious injury on anyone... And they may feign that they want to "beat the best"... but in reality, they just want to be holding the trophy at the end of the year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

16 hours ago, sirebors said:

I could care less if the Bills beat teams at their very best. The objective is to win the Superbowl. That is ultimately what matters in the NFL.

Game 1 was extremely important last year. If we had won it we would have had home field against Kansas City in the playoffs. Would the players be upset if they had won it because  Roethlisberger was unable to play? Or is it more important for their "honor" that they beat every team at their very best?

Do you think there's asterisks beside every Superbowl Champion about how they didn't beat everyone at full strength? It doesn't matter one iota. The players want to win the Superbowl.

If Cincinnati would have won the Superbowl last year do you think the players and fans would be saying "yeah but it really doesn't count because Odell Beckham got hurt?"

Players don't wish serious injury on anyone... And they may feign that they want to "beat the best"... but in reality, they just want to be holding the trophy at the end of the year. 

in that path to success A. no one is wishing Injury on anyone, B. no one is laughing about an injury and C. most people want to beat the best to be the best.  and in that path, that gets us to home field advantage throughout and we make it and win the big game then life is good.

But I would like to say I'm the better person by not putting up a laughing smiley face concerning someone else's injury.

• Vomit 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.