Stafford has tendinitis in elbow

BuffaloBills1998

59 minutes ago, Augie said:

The third and most recent time I seriously messed up my rotator cuff I was playing some of the best tennis of my life. I was playing so well, I didn’t want to mess it up so I started hitting the gym on a regular basis. 

I soon found myself at the doctor’s office while he reviewed my MRI. He wanted to know about my exercise routine, and he stopped me when I got to the military press. He said something like “Nobody should ever do that! It will wreck your shoulders!” To which I responded “when then why is the equipment in the gym owned by the hospital? The hospital where you work and operate and where I just had my MRI?” 

Working out sounds like a good idea, but it’s also a potential problem. 

Ugh— you can’t win! Don’t get me started on rotator cuffs, but let’s just say that I have to do massive yoga stretching on my shoulders every day. 

I've had golfer's elbow a few times and others here are right.  You really need to rest it for like 8-12 weeks to let it fully heal or you are just going to endlessly aggravate it.  I'm sure Stafford is getting the best treatment, but it's likely going to be a nuisance all season.  He won't miss time, but I'm curious to see if it effects his performance.

9 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

Wow this is great stuff, thank you. Mine really flares up only when I do chest day at the gym. Or if I do 100+ push ups. I was a gym rat for a long time and think the overtraining got to me. Its better than it was but when I push a tennis ball into my elbow I feel pretty terrible pain. It feels like something needs to be flushed out of that joint, it just doesn't feel normal compared to the other side. I still can't even do 1 dip because the pain is so bad. 

Is it tennis or golfer's elbow? I have golfer's. Mine is doing pull-ups, curls, or any back exercise. Dead lifts and shrugs are COMPLETELY out of the question. Sometimes it's so bad it radiates to my lower triceps and then I can't do those either. So I take a break from those exercises, beat the ***** out of it with a theragun (til it bruises), and wait for it to heal. That's what dry needle therapy is for. It's meant to disturb the area to make your body send blood to the tendon. There are very few blood vessels there and that's why it takes so long to heal.

Just now, BringBackFlutie said:

Is it tennis or golfer's elbow? I have golfer's. Mine is doing pull-ups, curls, or any back exercise. Dead lifts and shrugs are COMPLETELY out of the question. Sometimes it's so bad it radiates to my lower triceps and then I can't do those either. So I take a break from those exercises, beat the ***** out of it with a theragun (til it bruises), and wait for it to heal. That's what dry needle therapy is for. It's meant to disturb the area to make your body send blood to the tendon. There are very few blood vessels there and that's why it takes so long to heal.

Sir, this is a family friendly message board.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

I thought for sure you were gonna accuse me of being a resident TBD doctor, or telling me I should retire from lifting so I could hope to walk again and play with my kids.

Well....have you learned NOTHING from Alex Smith?!?!?!

I’ve had elbow tendinitis (lateral epicondyle or tennis elbow from exercising arms) and it sucks. I got over it by not using it outside of activities of daily living for MONTHS. Tendons are poorly vascularized so if they are giving him platelet-rich plasma injections it’s probably a more moderate or severe case of tendinitis.

Edited by NyQuil

On 8/4/2022 at 6:57 PM, PonyBoy said:

People laugh it off due to its name, but it can linger for years, easy to flare up too. It is very painful. You can play through it, but hurts like hell to do a lot of things, let alone throw.

I have golfer’s elbow. I’ve only played golf 1-2 in my life. Got it from lifting weights. I’m perfectly fine if I’m not working out. But, once I starting doing preacher curls, it flares up pretty badly. It’s not the most painful thing, but it stops me from doing that lift. I can’t imagine having to throw (if this is what made it flare) 30-40 times per week with it. 

5 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

This explains why he couldn’t help out this poor lady! 

I’m happy Stafford got a ring, but that was a pretty dick move by him.  

Have they removed his spleen yet?

48 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

I have golfer’s elbow. I’ve only played golf 1-2 in my life. Got it from lifting weights. I’m perfectly fine if I’m not working out. But, once I starting doing preacher curls, it flares up pretty badly. It’s not the most painful thing, but it stops me from doing that lift. I can’t imagine having to throw (if this is what made it flare) 30-40 times per week with it. 

I’m happy Stafford got a ring, but that was a pretty dick move by him.  

That was pretty dick to just turn around and walk away.  Like wtf be a good citizen.

• Vomit 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

They have lots of shots they can give to make the pain disappear for a few hours for a game but it will make practice time more difficult. I like Stafford alot but hope he is not playing that opener.

If I had to guess, he will play but I could see it affecting him in the game considering they’ve been in TC for 2 weeks and had to shut down his arm and put him on a pitch count after he didn’t throw the whole off-season. He’s prone to picks as it is and now has a new WR in Robinson where he will have very little time on task. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.