Stafford has tendinitis in elbow

BuffaloBills1998

5 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

I keep putting off going to get tests done, but its been long enough where it should be healed. I used to do dips all the time at the gym and I can't even do 1 rep. I  used to do sets of 20 with weight added.

How long? I had mine for over a year before I went to the orthopedist who told me it would get better in time. I said, "time? IT'S BEEN A YEAR!" He just nodded and said, "yep. It takes a while. We only operate on these about 1% of the time and there has to be a full rupture and lack of stability in the joint before we even think about it." He gave me a prescription for dry needle therapy (which I never did). About 3 months later it cleared up. It still comes back once in a while though. I'm currently dealing with a flare up. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, TBBills said:

Dumbest thing to say when the onlything that matters is the post season. 

I think the dumbest thing to see is someone putting a laughing face on an injury post. Borderline sick if you ask me.

I want to beat the best the teams have to offer, and I am sure the players would agree..

but you be you.

4 hours ago, BringBackFlutie said:

How long? I had mine for over a year before I went to the orthopedist who told me it would get better in time. I said, "time? IT'S BEEN A YEAR!" He just nodded and said, "yep. It takes a while. We only operate on these about 1% of the time and there has to be a full rupture and lack of stability in the joint before we even think about it." He gave me a prescription for dry needle therapy (which I never did). About 3 months later it cleared up. It still comes back once in a while though. I'm currently dealing with a flare up. 

Wow this is great stuff, thank you. Mine really flares up only when I do chest day at the gym. Or if I do 100+ push ups. I was a gym rat for a long time and think the overtraining got to me. Its better than it was but when I push a tennis ball into my elbow I feel pretty terrible pain. It feels like something needs to be flushed out of that joint, it just doesn't feel normal compared to the other side. I still can't even do 1 dip because the pain is so bad. 

15 hours ago, Southtown Tommy said:

This is a big concern for the Rams - he must be having alot of pain.  Tennis elbow, golfers elbow is extremely painful and it takes alot of time to fully heal.

Around Christmas last year  developed a second round of tendinitis in my left elbow. While finally getting better, it is still with me almost 8 months later.

15 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

My left elbow has had pain for 2 yrs. I think I keep re-injuring it on chest press day.

Elbow pain is the worst. I developed the worst tennis elbow And then golfers elbow.  Lingered for years. What actually Aggravated it was doing things like dips and especially pull-ups. I will never do another pull-up as long as I live now. 

• Like (+1) 1

Sources describe it as "bad tendonitis"...I would have to say his week 1 availability is in doubt and even if he plays he will likely be less than 100%.

They have the best of the best in terms of treatments and medical staff and trainers looking at it and working on it 24/7 so perhaps my experiences with it would be a lot different and would have healed much quicker if I had the same, but I don't see how he is back to normal by week 1...

Edited by Big Turk

I had tendinitis in my left heel above near my achilles.  I went to see an orthopedic surgeon.

He told me he couldn't do much for me.  The achilles was not torn. He gave me some anti inflammatory medication and a soft boot.

He told me to wear the boot for 3 months.  I did what he said and the pain went away.

I think if anyone is who is suffering from any tendinitis the key would be to immobilize the the arm (by wearing a sling) or foot for long periods of time and take ibuprofen or an anti inflammatory when the pain flares up.

He told me when you used the arm or foot too early, you start the healing process all over again.

HTH.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Southtown Tommy said:

This is a big concern for the Rams - he must be having alot of pain.  Tennis elbow, golfers elbow is extremely painful and it takes alot of time to fully heal.

It can feel good pretty quickly but it's sooo easy for it to flare back up for a while. I doubt this will effect him week 1 buuuuut if it does I won't mind!

5 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Elbow pain is the worst. I developed the worst tennis elbow And then golfers elbow.  Lingered for years. What actually Aggravated it was doing things like dips and especially pull-ups. I will never do another pull-up as long as I live now. 

The third and most recent time I seriously messed up my rotator cuff I was playing some of the best tennis of my life. I was playing so well, I didn’t want to mess it up so I started hitting the gym on a regular basis. 

I soon found myself at the doctor’s office while he reviewed my MRI. He wanted to know about my exercise routine, and he stopped me when I got to the military press. He said something like “Nobody should ever do that! It will wreck your shoulders!” To which I responded “then why is the equipment in the gym owned by the hospital? The hospital where you work and operate and where I just had my MRI?” 

Working out sounds like a good idea, but it’s also a potential problem. 

Edited by Augie

If he’s not ready to go on game day…, that’s a Rams problem, not a Bills problem. 

Go Bills!!! 

24 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

RAms gotta have the worst backup QB roster in the land...

Not just QB.  Take a look at their entire DL backups (I checked after the Aaron Donald thread).  A total of 23 career tackles split between 5 players.

Rams field a great starter group, but depth is pretty poor.

• Like (+1) 1

I used to get tendinitis all the time when I played baseball.  It really sucks.

You rest it for awhile and then starts feeling better….no pain.  But usually comes back a few times in the season.  It won’t ever fully go away unless you rest it for a very long time.

But with the treatments Stafford is getting, it’ll probably just nag him a lot this season but I don’t think it’ll prevent him to play.  Probably just limit throwing during practice.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.