Stafford has tendinitis in elbow

BuffaloBills1998

3 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Dumbest thing to say when the onlything that matters is the post season. 

Ya but I'm just curious how we would have fared vs them in particular.  If Stafford does miss time , we can't evaluate that. Plus the game would lose some of its aura. This is a huge game , first time in my lifetime the Bills kicked off the season and I want their starting QB available 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I personally want their whole arsenal for week 1

I think we beat them in the SB but it wouldn't have been a cake walk

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. I want to GET to the Super Bowl. I hope we then win it, but we have to GET there first. The best way to do that is to win as many regular season games to make the AFC Playoffs come through Buffalo. There are no extra pride points or anything. Win, and move on. 

But maybe that’s just me?  I’m really curious. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Southtown Tommy said:

This is a big concern for the Rams - he must be having alot of pain.  Tennis elbow, golfers elbow is extremely painful and it takes alot of time to fully heal.

I've had tennis/golf elbow from lifting weights and it's excruciating...also it becomes very weak...

I remember struggling to close the trunj with that arm

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Ya but I'm just curious how we would have fared vs them in particular.  If Stafford does miss time , we can't evaluate that. Plus the game would lose some of its aura. This is a huge game , first time in my lifetime the Bills kicked off the season and I want their starting QB available 

We don't need to evaluate since it's the first game of the season. The first game is always a take it or leave it game b.c it never has any outcome of what a team is really like. First game is a rust game to get back into playing real football.

Easier win the better.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

I've had tennis/golf elbow from lifting weights and it's excruciating...also it becomes very weak...

I remember struggling to close the trunj with that arm

Same thing happened to me weight training - I got golfer's elbow from doing pullups. It fully healed in about 10 months and it really limited me from doing simple chores around the house.  I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, TBBills said:

We don't need to evaluate since it's the first game of the season. The first game is always a take it or leave it game b.c it never has any outcome of what a team is really like. First game is a rust game to get back into playing real football.

Easier win the better.

Good point. We did lose to an inferior Pit team last year in week 1. But with the magnitude and spotlight on this game, I'd be disappointed if their starting QB is unable to go. I agree about the post season and getting an easy W but for this specific game I feel different 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tommy John?

If they were smart they’d have a baseball guy look at his elbow. I would see TJ is a small possibility. Probably tennis elbow or a strain but man it’s not too far fetched. This is usually how baseball injuries start for pitchers 

Edited by gonzo1105

24 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Despite the hype that will surround this game and deservedly so, it is one of the least significant on the schedule for both teams in terms of outcome 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Despite the hype that will surround this game and deservedly so, it is one of the least significant on the schedule for both teams in terms of outcome 

It's big for me for 2 reasons:

1) I hated losing the opener last year.  I shrugged it off at the time, because I was so confident - but it ended up setting kind of a tone for a lot of the season.

2) I was excited and terrified about facing the Rams in the SB. I thought they'd be a bad match-up for the few weaknesses we had.  Not that it will be a gauge w/ the changes that have happened, but there is still some curiosity factor.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I used to be a big tennis player. I never got tennis elbow from tennis, but I went to physical therapy for a partially torn rotator cuff. You can’t work shoulders the entire time, so they had me doing curls. Apparently my form was less than perfect (it doesn’t take much!). I got tennis elbow from the curls. 

I am here to tell you, it is NO JOKE! I couldn’t pick up a soda can or shake hands without extreme pain. It lasted about 10 months and then, one day out of the blue…..it was gone! Hallelujah! 

Awkward moments when a man wanted to shake my hand & I had to refuse. Worse, when I forgot & shook their hand and winced, swore and pulled away saying SOB! 😀

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I know, I'm so pumped that week 1 is a non-conference game, and against a team nobody else in the division has to play so not an impact on common opponents, which is somewhere down the list of tie breakers.

I wish they would always have the one out of conference game they added for 17 games be the first game of the season. Divisional week 1 games... way too much impact on what is such an unrepresentative game. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.